Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

16 hours ago, Billsandhorns said:

That's what they did to the Bills earlier this year

Right, except the Stealers don’t have to go through not knowing who their next opponent will be and therefore developing two different game plans. The Bills didn’t know till Monday if they would be playing the Flaming Thumbtacks on Tuesday or the Chiefs on Thursday. I’m still angry 😡 about that. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Right, except the Stealers don’t have to go through not knowing who their next opponent will be and therefore developing two different game plans. The Bills didn’t know till Monday if they would be playing the Flaming Thumbtacks on Tuesday or the Chiefs on Thursday. I’m still angry 😡 about that. 

Ok. Explain the name

On 11/25/2020 at 6:52 PM, GG1 said:

Team announced that he passed away today.   No further information provided.  

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 1

Indianapolis Colts punter Rigoberto Sanchez revealed on Instagram that doctors found a cancerous tumor that will require surgery. Sanchez is expected to undergo the procedure on Tuesday.

Head coach Frank Reich told reporters after Sunday’s loss against the Titans that Sanchez was dealing with a physical issue that required further medical evaluation. It led to the team keeping him from performing his typical kickoff duties.

Sanchez revealed Monday morning that the doctors found the tumor before it spread to the rest of his body.

</snip>

• Sad 3
  • Cheers 1

On 11/25/2020 at 10:11 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Hey all, Tyler Dunne has started a new site. It is subscription, but think the first couple of pieces are free. 

Good read

https://golongtd.substack.com/p/part-i-the-pressure-is-on-josh-allen

Just getting back to this.  Another great long form piece from Dunne.

There are a few loose ends though, as I don't truly buy McD's explanations that he passed on Mahomes because he wanted to send a message to the veterans that he was not rebuilding.  If that were the case, they wouldn't have gutted the roster of talented malcontents and underachievers in the summer.

I also don't believe Monos's rationalization that they believed Mahomes could last to the end of the round. There were many evaluations that had Mahomes in top 10, and very few had him dropping to the bottom of round 1.  

In a sense, McDermott saved his career in Buffalo with the Allen pick, because everything he did leading up to his second season was suspect at best.