Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

Fansince88
1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Shag, a floor covering and a toupee. 

Nope. Own them both. My fault. Keep it short and instaled laminate. 

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Shag, a floor covering and a toupee. 

• Like 1
  • Doh! 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

That's quite a response.  I guess this story isn't going away any time soon.

Hard to believe a guy at this level would put himself out there with such allegations if they didn't have some level of truth behind them.  Plus, Mark Davis seems like a total idiot.

IDBillzFan
1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Plus, Mark Davis seems like a total idiot.

And it doesn't help that he looks like a total idiot.

I mean, physically, literally looks like a total idiot.

Like, if they made a sequel to "Dumb and Dumber," he'd totally be a new friend for Carrey and Daniels.

• Like 1

IDBillzFan

"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car, hell you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming @$$h@l& be a sportswriter."

• Doh! 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 3

Deranged Rhino
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car, hell you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming @$$h@l& be a sportswriter."

Was coming here to post that same tweet. Epic. :classic_laugh: 

I hope Tyler rolls with that all season and calls himself a safety in pressers. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

NFL GM: WRs Could Become the New RBs

'Get as much out of the receiver in his first contract and then, after four or five years, let him go and draft another one high'

Steelers have been doing this for awhile now.  Seems like every year they draft a WR in the 2nd

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

NFL GM: WRs Could Become the New RBs

'Get as much out of the receiver in his first contract and then, after four or five years, let him go and draft another one high'

It's pretty clear that path is going to be at least tried.  Right now high-end WRs are being paid more than pass rushers.  That trend can't really continue when you have to have at least 5 competent ones on your roster.  The Jags/FIsh/Raiders really screwed up everyone's future cap projections with the deals they handed out.

• Like 1

Arm of Harm
On 5/7/2022 at 10:02 AM, Alaska Darin said:

Justin Herbert threw for over 5,000 yards this past season, and Lamar Jackson is ranked higher? Lamar Jackson also ranked higher than Mahomes? Great to see our guy on top, but these rankings don’t make any sense. The only thing I can think of is that this appears to be related to fantasy football, so maybe they’re putting a ton of emphasis on a QB’s running. 

Alaska Darin
11 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

Justin Herbert threw for over 5,000 yards this past season, and Lamar Jackson is ranked higher? Lamar Jackson also ranked higher than Mahomes? Great to see our guy on top, but these rankings don’t make any sense. The only thing I can think of is that this appears to be related to fantasy football, so maybe they’re putting a ton of emphasis on a QB’s running. 

It's dynasty league FFB, so it does take into account the fact that throughout his career Jackson has been a point scoring monster. 

The obvious downsides:

1.  He took a big step back passing last season.

2.  He is going to have a hard time staying healthy if they keep using him to run the football.