Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

Uncle Joe
43 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Can't wait for the 1st time he interviews somebody on the losing team, " you mad bro?"

• Haha 3

IDBillzFan
2 hours ago, Joe said:

Please let this happen

Ever since Gil Brandt put his foot in his mouth about Haskin's death, Whaley has been one of the people filling that spot on Sirius XM. While our history with Whaley suggests there is no reason to have any confidence in anything he discusses, at least he doesn't make you want to fall asleep like Brandt does. Brandt makes Ambien look like cocaine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alaska Darin
3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Ever since Gil Brandt put his foot in his mouth about Haskin's death, Whaley has been one of the people filling that spot on Sirius XM. While our history with Whaley suggests there is no reason to have any confidence in anything he discusses, at least he doesn't make you want to fall asleep like Brandt does. Brandt makes Ambien look like cocaine.

Imagine a show with nothing but Brandt and Charlie Weis. 

• Haha 2

Deranged Rhino
4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Whaley's decisions while GM aside, and they were questionable at best, he is a standup person. A good dude who in my experience went out of his way more often than not to engage with the fans. I got to spend a (very) little time with him back in the EJ days, and always came away rooting for him to turn it around because Whaley the person is a good dude. 

That said, I'm very glad we have Beane.

• Like 3

IDBillzFan
38 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Imagine a show with nothing but Brandt and Charlie Weis. 

Weis is such a condescending douchebag.  Just the way he calls Brady* "Tommy," like he's a little boy sitting on Weis' lap, makes my skin crawl.

• Applause 2

Robs House
20 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Whaley's decisions while GM aside, and they were questionable at best, he is a standup person. A good dude who in my experience went out of his way more often than not to engage with the fans. I got to spend a (very) little time with him back in the EJ days, and always came away rooting for him to turn it around because Whaley the person is a good dude. 

That said, I'm very glad we have Beane.

Whaley doesn't get enough credit for cracking the code to winning in the NFL. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-gm-finally-discovers-the-secret-recipe-to-winning-players-and-winning/

• Haha 3

Robs House
16 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

https://theathletic.com/3247996/2022/05/09/tim-green-als-falcons?source=user-shared-article

I didn't know Tim Green was diagnosed with ALS.  He was a big part of the rebirth of SU football.

That's sad news. I never knew him as a player but I read a book he wrote called The Dark Side of the Game. It was a really good read. He did a good job of giving a behind the scenes take on the NFL from a player's perspective without delving into too much sensationalism. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
51 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Any updates on Kelvin Sheppard? 

• Haha 3

Sig1Hunter
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Any updates on Kelvin Sheppard? 

He’s a linebackers coach for Detroit..you’re welcome

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I love this story.

How great that they collaborated on this as a charitable contribution.  Hopefully that catches on as the norm for jersey number swaps.

• Like 6