Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

Jabba The Hutt
20 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Given enough time I think he'll wash his hands of the situation. 

KFC slogan...🤤

Jabba The Hutt
20 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not really NFL... but seemed like the best home: 

Yes please as Josh's and Trevor Lawrences backup :classic_love:

Edited by Jabba The Hutt
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Ann said:

The sum total of Jets TE production last season, for three players, was 46 receptions, 469 yards, 3 TDs.  

Wouldn't it make more sense to get Zack Wilson a TE before he attends "TE University?" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Deranged Rhino
3 hours ago, Ann said:

Things like this are so interesting to see evolve. Guys from different clubs competing with and against one another to get better is always awesome, but this kind of thing seems relatively new in the NFL. I’m sure guys in the past hung out in the off season, maybe worked out here or there, but to have these kind of fraternal improvement outings? It has to generate some interpersonal relationships that are pretty cool.  It also probably makes it way easier for players to figure out who’s a true culture fit and who isn’t when it comes to recruiting purposes. 

It seems like this trend stems from the AAU type and 7 on 7 programs that kids participate in year round now. That and the fact the players are way more connected today w the help of social media and the League being a PR machine. 

I love it. 

• Like 2

IDBillzFan
44 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Things like this are so interesting to see evolve. Guys from different clubs competing with and against one another to get better is always awesome, but this kind of thing seems relatively new in the NFL. I’m sure guys in the past hung out in the off season, maybe worked out here or there, but to have these kind of fraternal improvement outings? It has to generate some interpersonal relationships that are pretty cool.  It also probably makes it way easier for players to figure out who’s a true culture fit and who isn’t when it comes to recruiting purposes. 

It seems like this trend stems from the AAU type and 7 on 7 programs that kids participate in year round now. That and the fact the players are way more connected today w the help of social media and the League being a PR machine. 

I love it. 

I dig it, too, though it admittedly took me a bit to accept it. There are still times I see Kelly standing with Marino somewhere and thinking to myself, "WTF would you hang out with that whiny 'woe is me' bitch?"

But everyone -- especially the players -- understand this is a business and at any time they could be playing with the guy they're fighting against. I still don't understand the connection, but Diggs selling the Bills to Von Miller comes to mind. This happens more openly now, and I'm coming to terms with it.

• Like 2

Jabba The Hutt
2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I love it. 

Josh is just trying to bond with his future TE2 Kittles and Bits :classic_love:

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Goodell's probably going to fine him $10k for that high hit.

• Haha 1