Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

Neither do NFL coaches. 

We'll add "population sampling" to the list of "Shit you know nothing about."  Go Kniyanlandants!

• Haha 3

Jabba The Hutt
11 hours ago, devnull said:

Might as well move the Pro Bowl to Paris and have the players strut down the runway to the tune of "I'm too sexy"

Oh yes pleaseeeee :classic_love:

IDBillzFan
17 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Thus illustrating the grotesquerie that masquerades for you as "statistics."

I need someone to make this word a last-minute add to a Joe Biden teleprompter.

• Haha 4

On 5/24/2022 at 8:10 AM, Alaska Darin said:

All star games in general are a relic of an age before the internet allowed us to see every player every day, and before astronomical player salaries removed all motivation for guys to play or care about such games.  Skills competitions replaced a game as the focus of hockey and basketball All Star weekends years ago.   Football should can the entire thing.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

All star games in general are a relic of an age before the internet allowed us to see every player every day, and before astronomical player salaries removed all motivation for guys to play or care about such games.  Skills competitions replaced a game as the focus of hockey and basketball All Star weekends years ago.   Football should can the entire thing.

This is exactly right.  I don't see how the NFL can improve the Pro Bowl since no one really cares about it.  The selection to it is nothing more than a popularity contest.

32 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Wish they would've done it before Kelly jacked up his shoulder in one way back in the day. 

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
22 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wish they would've done it before Kelly jacked up his shoulder in one way back in the day. 

Or before Robert Edwards' knee exploded in a beach football stunt.

• Like 3

Arm of Harm
19 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

We'll add "population sampling" to the list of "Shit you know nothing about."  Go Kniyanlandants!

Your treatment of this issue is simplistic. But you already know that. 

Flores and the woke media believe that the racial makeup of NFL coaches should reflect that of NFL players. If only former NFL players could be coaches, that argument might make some sense. But Bill Walsh was not a former NFL player. Bill Belichick did not play in the NFL. For that matter, Brian Flores didn’t play in the NFL. The woke/Flores position on this is ridiculous. But they don’t care about being reasonable; they care about maximizing the number of black coaches. 

All three of Walsh, Belichick, and Flores played football in college. Even Marv Levy played college ball. If one were to walk into the NFL with some kind of racial agenda, that agenda could arguably consist of making NFL coaches resemble college players. 

But that agenda would go against the actual words the woke crowd is using. Words like diversity and inclusiveness. There are almost no female college football players, for example. Very few Asian or Latino players. If NFL coaches resemble college players, almost all of them would be either black or white, and virtually all would be male. The woke crowd could be way more “diverse” and “inclusive” than that. The woke NFL could create free online courses in football, and could make them deep and challenging. That would create a path for people who didn’t play college ball to get into NFL coaching. But the woke crowd doesn’t actually care about diversity or inclusiveness. They care about getting rid of and replacing white people. So long as whites are being replaced, it doesn’t matter to the woke leadership who in particular replaces them. In this case the easiest path to replacing whites is to replace them with blacks. No need for “diversity” or “inclusiveness” to include Asians, Latinos, Indians, or women. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

Your treatment of this issue is simplistic. But you already know that. 

You're comparing the NFL's demographics to the entire country's demographics, and I'm being simplistic?  :classic_laugh:

When the NBA reflects the racial mix in our country then I might listen to what these idiots have to say.

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Or have a four hour long playoff of Steve Harvey’s Celebrity Family Feud featuring the Pro Bowl selected players. 

Arm of Harm
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

You're comparing the NFL's demographics to the entire country's demographics, and I'm being simplistic?  :classic_laugh:

Your cookie cutter post format follows three rules.

1) Keep it short. 
2) Direct hostility at someone. 
3) Where possible, combine the hostility with humor. 

That format is great if one’s objective is to play to the crowd. However, it is completely unsuitable for any kind of nuanced discussion. 

Sig1Hunter
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Not sure how you do this, and not sign him to a contract.

I hope they do. I hope he plays in the preseason so that we can all see how he is deserving of a starting spot in the NFL….or, he looks like trash against a bunch of UDFAs.

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Not sure how you do this, and not sign him to a contract.

Imagine either signing Kaepernick to be the backup, or benching Carr for him.  

It's like the Raiders are actively trying to become a circus.

Crap Throwing Clavin
22 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Discovery is going to be a hoot.

Wonder how much closer they are to voting out Dan Snyder after this decision.

SensaiFredVillari

I know I am fresh meat around here but regarding the Pro Bowl. I think they should keep the game and have it scripted like the WWE matches. It would be kind of fun to see friends and teammates turn on each other. Could have a heel vs. face teams. Definitely would be more entertaining than the "game" they put out there every year now. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1