Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

4merper4mer
On 5/25/2022 at 10:38 PM, Arm of Harm said:

It is not the responsibility of the other 31 teams to subsidize the costs the Rams owner created when he chose to move the team. He and he alone created those costs; he and he alone should be the one to bear them. If he needs a loan from the other owners to avoid insolvency or serious hardship, that’s one thing. But let it it be a loan, not a handout to subsidize bad behavior. 

Shirley you can’t be saying that only the Rams wanted there to be an NFL team in LA.  Shirley that’s not what you’re saying is it?

SensaiFredVillari

Kaepernick was awesome in 2012 (So was RG3, Luck, and Cam) and had a steady decline in every season afterwards. Because the media thinks he is a hero all of his bad seasons are forgotten. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SensaiFredVillari said:

Kaepernick was awesome in 2012 (So was RG3, Luck, and Cam) and had a steady decline in every season afterwards. Because the media thinks he is a hero all of his bad seasons are forgotten. 

I’ve forgotten about HIM, not just his “bad seasons.” 

Big news!

Actually, I agree with this article and splitting might work for the first year, but after that? Especially if they travel and go out based on his means and not hers?

</snip>

The real story here is why this happened. According to rumors this doesn't have anything to do with cheating, but more that Travis Kelce is a cheap bastard. In the 5 years they dated he apparently made Kayla Nicole split every bill, dinner, trip, etc. The intention was for her to prove she wasn't just in it for the money and actually liked him. 

Love that mentality. Probably a really smart thing for most athletes to do if we're being honest. The thing is, that plays for the first year or two tops. Once you start dating for a long ass time, you gotta start picking up the whole thing. If you're going on vacation you gotta foot that bill. You got yourself a 4 year $57 million deal, you need to be the gentleman and shell out the cash. 

Chivalry? Nope not for Travis Kelce. He may be telling her it's to prove she's not after the wallet, but deep down that man has no plans of running out of money like other pro athletes who have blown through their contracts in the past. The thought of him venmo requesting her on the first of every month for rent is simply incredible. 

Welp, now it's off to the open market. I don't see the star NFL tight end or the smoke model having any issues finding a new partner. 

</snip>

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ann said:

Big news!

Actually, I agree with this article and splitting might work for the first year, but after that? Especially if they travel and go out based on his means and not hers?

</snip>

The real story here is why this happened. According to rumors this doesn't have anything to do with cheating, but more that Travis Kelce is a cheap bastard. In the 5 years they dated he apparently made Kayla Nicole split every bill, dinner, trip, etc. The intention was for her to prove she wasn't just in it for the money and actually liked him. 

Love that mentality. Probably a really smart thing for most athletes to do if we're being honest. The thing is, that plays for the first year or two tops. Once you start dating for a long ass time, you gotta start picking up the whole thing. If you're going on vacation you gotta foot that bill. You got yourself a 4 year $57 million deal, you need to be the gentleman and shell out the cash. 

Chivalry? Nope not for Travis Kelce. He may be telling her it's to prove she's not after the wallet, but deep down that man has no plans of running out of money like other pro athletes who have blown through their contracts in the past. The thought of him venmo requesting her on the first of every month for rent is simply incredible. 

Welp, now it's off to the open market. I don't see the star NFL tight end or the smoke model having any issues finding a new partner. 

</snip>

Well, she doesn't look Dutch.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Uncle Joe said:

Did you see her photos in that article? She is beautiful. Hopefully, they both find someone who makes them happy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fansince88
14 minutes ago, Ann said:

Big news!

</snip>

</snip>

I say it works for the first week or two. Im old school. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ann said:

Did you see her photos in that article? She is beautiful. Hopefully, they both find someone who makes them happy. 

Damn you! You made me read the article! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

IDBillzFan
17 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Steve Smith and Skip Bayless are the Ebony and Ivory of terrible.  I do find Smith at least mildly entertaining.

Especially for a guy who always sounds like he just burned his forefinger and thumb on the roach of what started out as a six-inch blunt.

Every time I watch him in Sunday night post-game analysis, he sounds baked out of his mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

I had to laugh when she said she can't afford designer handbags.  I'm a dude and I 100% do not understand the fascination with owning multiple handbags/shoes that cost hundreds to thousands of dollars each.  My wife has a few of them and she uses her money to buy them because that's just not something I'm willing to waste money on.  She's smart enough to not buy them unless the deals are off the charts.

I grew up pretty poor and despite now being "not poor",  I still have a lot of those same ideals about "things" - I won't spend a lot of money on things that need to be regularly replaced (televisions, etc) for example.  I could afford to buy really expensive suits but I always buy that stuff at Men's Wearhouse when they have 3-for-1 or better sales.  I just don't care about the status that goes with something that has a 500% markup (or more).  

I guess what I'm saying is:  I understand why Kelsey isn't lavishing money for things he's not about.  No matter how much money I was making...I wouldn't be wasting it on crap like expensive jewelry, shoes, handbags, designer clothes...whatever. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I had to laugh when she said she can't afford designer handbags.  I'm a dude and I 100% do not understand the fascination with owning multiple handbags/shoes that cost hundreds to thousands of dollars each.  My wife has a few of them and she uses her money to buy them because that's just not something I'm willing to waste money on.  She's smart enough to not buy them unless the deals are off the charts.

I grew up pretty poor and despite now being "not poor",  I still have a lot of those same ideals about "things" - I won't spend a lot of money on things that need to be regularly replaced (televisions, etc) for example.  I could afford to buy really expensive suits but I always buy that stuff at Men's Wearhouse when they have 3-for-1 or better sales.  I just don't care about the status that goes with something that has a 500% markup (or more).  

I guess what I'm saying is:  I understand why Kelsey isn't lavishing money for things he's not about.  No matter how much money I was making...I wouldn't be wasting it on crap like expensive jewelry, shoes, handbags, designer clothes...whatever. 

That’s the middle class in you. You worked hard for your money and see status symbols as a waste. The middle class in me is one reason I won’t have a mortgage (growing up owning my house free and clear was a dream goal), why I really have to love a handbag to spend $$ and why my shoes do not have red soles. It’s a mindset.

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Dutch West Indies?

Good for Kelce.  Apparently he’s not looking to get married, or at least not to her.  And while she looks spectacular, there are a hundred other gold-digging Instagram-model types waiting to take her place.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Dutch West Indies?

Well, yeah, I  guess the Dutch got around back in the day. 

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Dutch West Indies?

Good for Kelce.  Apparently he’s not looking to get married, or at least not to her.  And while she looks spectacular, there are a hundred other gold-digging Instagram-model types waiting to take her place.

but can they provide a good massage?

• Haha 2

Arm of Harm
9 hours ago, Foxx said:

I’m guessing the logic of OJ Howard’s camp was as follows. Go to Buffalo for a year, rack up some really good stats, parlay that into a big money contract a year from now. Maybe win the Super Bowl while he’s here. 

Racking up big yards while catching passes from Allen sounds good when you say it like that. Problem is, Howard will be competing with Knox for playing time. Okay, so you use a two TE set. Problem solved. Only thing is, a two TE set means you’re taking a WR off the field. With the WRs the Bills have, that will be difficult to do. 

At the end of the day Howard is going to get his share of snaps. But it might be a smaller share than he’s expecting, and might not result in the contract he’s hoping for. 

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

I’m guessing the logic of OJ Howard’s camp was as follows. Go to Buffalo for a year, rack up some really good stats, parlay that into a big money contract a year from now. Maybe win the Super Bowl while he’s here. 

Racking up big yards while catching passes from Allen sounds good when you say it like that. Problem is, Howard will be competing with Knox for playing time. Okay, so you use a two TE set. Problem solved. Only thing is, a two TE set means you’re taking a WR off the field. With the WRs the Bills have, that will be difficult to do. 

At the end of the day Howard is going to get his share of snaps. But it might be a smaller share than he’s expecting, and might not result in the contract he’s hoping for. 

Less can be more. Let's hope this the case here.

12 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

maybe Dorsey realizes the importance of the TE after first hand experience with Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow and Greg Olsen.

could be they will actually throw to the TE down the seam this year