Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

Arm of Harm
38 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I plan to organize a weeklong retreat. Those receiving invitations will include the original Vontae Davis, the new Vontae Davis, Stephon Tuitt, and Leslie Frazier. Keynote speeches will include “The Joy of Retirement,” “Retirement Today,” and “If You Are an Overrated Defensive Coordinator, Retire Now!” This will be in a backwoods setting, to give participants the chance to bond with each other and with the message of the speakers. Food will be provided by a catering company. 

1 hour ago, Arm of Harm said:

I plan to organize a weeklong retreat. Those receiving invitations will include the original Vontae Davis, the new Vontae Davis, Stephon Tuitt, and Leslie Frazier. Keynote speeches will include “The Joy of Retirement,” “Retirement Today,” and “If You Are an Overrated Defensive Coordinator, Retire Now!” This will be in a backwoods setting, to give participants the chance to bond with each other and with the message of the speakers. Food will be provided by a catering company. 

What, are you French?

• Applause 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

What, are you French?

He's not scheduling a surrender. is he?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

He's not scheduling a surrender. is he?

Not if they can get to Dunkirk and catch a water retreat to England. 

Alaska Darin

According to Spotrac, Tuitt made over $55M.  I can't blame a guy for taking his health with him when he got paid enough to set himself and his family for life.  I suspect we're going to see more and more of this as the contracts spiral upwards.

&#%$ Tom Brady.

• Like 4

Deranged Rhino
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

According to Spotrac, Tuitt made over $55M.  I can't blame a guy for taking his health with him when he got paid enough to set himself and his family for life.  I suspect we're going to see more and more of this as the contracts spiral upwards.

&#%$ Tom Brady.

The way Donald has talked about his 8 year plan makes me think that's a real thing beyond just him. Meaning, it's a thing that prospects are being drilled on coming up through years. Makes sense to me, in that time you (usually) get 2, maybe 3 contracts - at least 1 of which should be enough to set you and yours up for life, and get out before the body begins to really break down and the risk of injury rises. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

&#%$ Tom Brady.

Yup.  It’s still a rough game if you’re not a pocket QB.  

NFL.com did report it...

Longtime NFL QB Ryan Fitzpatrick retiring after 17 seasons 

The top hat and rabbit can rest. FitzMagic is calling it a career.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is retiring after 17 NFL seasons, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Thursday. Fitzpatrick is in talks with Prime Video for a key role in Amazon's NFL coverage this season, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport added.

</snip>

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

yeah my first reaction to Fitzy's retirement is he should sign a one day contract with the Bills

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Jabba The Hutt
7 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Dude?  You broken?

Really wish we'd have gotten him:crying3:

• Like 1