Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, SensaiFredVillari said:

I know I am fresh meat around here but regarding the Pro Bowl. I think they should keep the game and have it scripted like the WWE matches. It would be kind of fun to see friends and teammates turn on each other. Could have a heel vs. face teams. Definitely would be more entertaining than the "game" they put out there every year now. 

As dumb a spectacle as that would be...I'd still watch it before the current Pro Bowl.

Crap Throwing Clavin
37 minutes ago, B-Man said:

THIS WILL END WELL: 

Colin Kaepernick getting workout with Raiders.

What the Raiders don't want Kaepernick to understand is what's being established is a power dynamic. Before they put Kaep on the field, they'll poke, prod and examine him. Searching for any defect that might affect his performance. No boundary respected. No dignity left intact.

Any guesses who I'm paraphrasing?

On 10/28/2021 at 12:54 PM, Ann said:

ESPN article:

</snip>

Although Kroenke has been in discussions with the league for some time over the scope of the indemnification agreement, owners first learned of a shift in his position several hours into Tuesday's meeting at the InterContinental New York Barclay hotel. Sources told ESPN that executives for each team were asked to leave the room; only owners, representatives for teams that didn't send owners and senior league executives remained.

Pash delivered a lengthy update on the lawsuit, including the league's latest argument that the trial set for January should be moved out of St. Louis in order to get an impartial jury.

Sources told ESPN that Kroenke then stood and told the room that he has invested in the league and done everything that the league has asked him to do. He apologized for the ongoing lawsuit but argued that it wasn't his fault.

Kroenke took a few questions from the room. Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, a fierce Kroenke advocate who championed the relocation and helped push it over the finish line during a contentious vote in January 2016, told the room that Kroenke had done a lot for the league.

Then, in an unusual move, Goodell asked Kroenke to leave the room, sources told ESPN. He did.

That's when Pash told the room that the league was notified by Kroenke's attorneys that Kroenke is challenging the indemnification agreement that all three teams involved in the L.A. derby in 2016 -- the Rams, Chargers and Raiders -- signed on the morning of the vote.

Over the years, teams have been required to provide eight years of phone records and emails for discovery. This past summer, St. Louis Circuit Judge Christopher McGraugh ordered Kroenke and five other owners to provide financial records to help a jury determine potential damages. Earlier in October, McGraugh fined Clark Hunt of the Kansas City Chiefs, John Mara of the New York Giants, Robert Kraft of the New England Patriots and the Cowboys' Jones for failing to provide full records. Kroenke has been footing almost all the bills.

Sources said the room seemed stunned by Pash's update on Kroenke's view of the indemnification agreement.

</snip>

From time to time, it’s been suggested that the litigation over the relocation of the Rams could result in at least $1 billion flowing from the NFL to St. Louis. It could be a lot more than that.

The article from Seth Wickersham of ESPN.com detailing Tuesday’s meeting among owners regarding the possibility that Rams owner Stan Kroenke will renege on his commitment to pay the full bill for the case includes two paragraphs that justify significant attention and scrutiny.

</snip>

That’s probably why Kroenke is looking for a loophole in his indemnity agreement. And it’s why the league already has contemplated the possibility of offering St. Louis an expansion franchise in order to make everything go away.

It’s also why everyone should be paying close attention to this one. St. Louis has the NFL on the run, and it’s bad enough that the NFL owners seem to be heading for a fight regarding who will foot the eventual bill.

On 11/24/2021 at 3:56 PM, snafu said:

NFL settled with St. Louis for the Rams move to LA.

$790,000,000.  I don't know if that's in a lump sum of over time.

a whopping 35% of that ($276,500,000) is attorney fees, HOLY CRAP!

So the City nets $513,500,000.  The City's population is $308,000.  That's about $1,650/resident.  Not much for hookers and blow.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/sports/nfl/rams/rams-nfl-agree-settle-st-louis-lawsuit-over-teams-relocation-for-790-million-kroenke-settlement-amount/63-1aff38ad-dac0-4789-a217-7bd79d248e37

The 2022 St. Louis Fiscal Year budget is $1,153,000,000.  So the net is approximately half of a year's budget for the City.

https://www.stlouis-mo.gov/government/departments/budget/documents/upload/Summary-to-BOA.pdf

All NFL teams are footing the bill for St. Louis’ controversial lawsuit against Rams

The Rams and NFL paid $790 million last year to settle a lawsuit with St. Louis over the team’s relocation to Los Angeles.

Now, the league is sorting how to cover that bill and already has spread some of that staggering expense among all 32 teams — meaning everyone is on the hook for at least several million. Owners discussed this at their annual spring meeting, which concluded Tuesday.

According to a report by The Athletic, the NFL already has taken $7.5 million from each club by deducting that amount from revenue-sharing payments. If the 31 other teams contribute that amount, that’s $232.5 million, or roughly a third of the settlement. The Times confirmed that the teams were assessed those payments, although not the specific amount.

</snip>

• Angry 2

Arm of Harm
19 minutes ago, Ann said:

All NFL teams are footing the bill for St. Louis’ controversial lawsuit against Rams

The Rams and NFL paid $790 million last year to settle a lawsuit with St. Louis over the team’s relocation to Los Angeles.

Now, the league is sorting how to cover that bill and already has spread some of that staggering expense among all 32 teams — meaning everyone is on the hook for at least several million. Owners discussed this at their annual spring meeting, which concluded Tuesday.

According to a report by The Athletic, the NFL already has taken $7.5 million from each club by deducting that amount from revenue-sharing payments. If the 31 other teams contribute that amount, that’s $232.5 million, or roughly a third of the settlement. The Times confirmed that the teams were assessed those payments, although not the specific amount.

</snip>

It is not the responsibility of the other 31 teams to subsidize the costs the Rams owner created when he chose to move the team. He and he alone created those costs; he and he alone should be the one to bear them. If he needs a loan from the other owners to avoid insolvency or serious hardship, that’s one thing. But let it it be a loan, not a handout to subsidize bad behavior. 

Jabba The Hutt
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

What the Raiders don't want Kaepernick to understand is what's being established is a power dynamic. Before they put Kaep on the field, they'll poke, prod and examine him. Searching for any defect that might affect his performance. No boundary respected. No dignity left intact.

Any guesses who I'm paraphrasing?

Me?:groucho:

IDBillzFan

This is great. The Timmah Graham of the 49ers has been a bitch to 49ers Jevon Kinlaw, apparently constantly berating him for being a first-round bust, and Kinlaw had enough.

FYI: Every other word is a F-bomb, and at one point whatever Kinlaw is eating is flying out of his mouth at the camera, but the dude is tired of Cohn's shit.

See sample of Cohn's stuff in the link below.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Haha 3

Sig1Hunter
44 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

This is great. The Timmah Graham of the 49ers has been a bitch to 49ers Jevon Kinlaw, apparently constantly berating him for being a first-round bust, and Kinlaw had enough.

FYI: Every other word is a F-bomb, and at one point whatever Kinlaw is eating is flying out of his mouth at the camera, but the dude is tired of Cohn's shit.

See sample of Cohn's stuff in the link below.

lol…what was Kinlaw eating? An old leather shoe? He chewed on the same bite the whole damn “interview”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beer__League__Hockey
16 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

lol…what was Kinlaw eating? An old leather shoe? He chewed on the same bite the whole damn “interview”

Granger Smith Earl Dibbles GIF - Granger Smith Earl Dibbles Wake Up And I  Put Good Dip In - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Imagine either signing Kaepernick to be the backup, or benching Carr for him.  

It's like the Raiders are actively trying to become a circus.

Or fulfilling their destiny. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"The type of coach he really is” is a white supremacist dog whistle for "black."  [/Deadspin]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

"The type of coach he really is” is a white supremacist dog whistle for "black."  [/Deadspin]

Probably 😂

I remember Ruben Brown talking about how hated Hue Jackson was in player circles back when he was rumored to be on the short list for the Bills job. Guess Ruben was right in the end. 

• Like 2

Arm of Harm

Here’s one way the Raiders off-season could play out. 

1. The Raiders sign Kaepernick. 
2. As part of the Gruden lawsuit, a judge forces the NFL to reinstate him as Raiders head coach

3. We sit back and watch the interaction between Gruden and Kaepernick unfold. 

IDBillzFan

I think Lamar is a good dude. I don't think giving Chris Sims shit is a particularly good look, especially the third person stuff.

But I also think Chris has a point. Leaders lead. Period. If you want to be the leader of your team, you always show up, no matter what.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin

Social media can be the absolute devil if you let it be.  Being a sensitive pro athlete isn't going to end well in an age where they can attack you 24/7 over the smallest thing - even when you're 100% right.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

• Like 4

Alaska Darin

I hate to be "that" guy (but I kinda am)...I always wanna ask these guys what music/entertainment things they're into.  Like do you listen to hip hop?  What artists do you like?  If you like gangsta rap, do you think it contributes to these events?  To what degree?  What about movies/television?  Do you watch violent movies/television?  Do you think the glorifying of violence in these mediums contribute to this stuff?  Are you willing to use your voice to speak out against that culture as well or are you just about giving away Constitutional rights?

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin

Steve Smith and Skip Bayless are the Ebony and Ivory of terrible.  I do find Smith at least mildly entertaining.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Steve Smith and Skip Bayless are the Ebony and Ivory of terrible.  I do find Smith at least mildly entertaining.

Steve Smith or Stephen A. Smith?

Didn't know Steve Smith the former receiver had really bad takes.