Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills want a new stadium – and for taxpayers to foot the bill

You Dirty Rat

2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

they would have to if they don't own it

Hey thanks! I didn't know that. :eyeroll:

I'm thinking they surely could have bought it if they wanted to.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Foxx said:

Hey thanks! I didn't know that. :eyeroll:

I'm thinking they surely could have bought it if they wanted to.

States and municipalities have used imminent [sic] domain for far less.  And if they wanted to, I'd bet they'd make Hammer an offer he couldn't refuse.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

States and municipalities have used imminent [sic] domain for far less.  And if they wanted to, I'd bet they'd make Hammer an offer he couldn't refuse.

I just find it interesting that with the 200+ acres they took, that they carved out Hammers.

IDBillzFan
18 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

SIgn me up for "ultra exclusive."  I wanna nothing to do with the commoners in gen pop.  :lol:

Let me tell you something. I hate big crowds, and in general, I just hate people. When it comes to something like a football game or a concert, if I don't have access to some form of "ultra exclusive," I ain't going. My last Bills game, Cigar Mark (I wish he posted here) hooked me up with a suite, and it was a great time.

There are times I really wish I could see The Eagles, or Billy Joel, and I'm just not able to afford being there the right way, so I don't go.

Small venues have become my favorite, and every once in a while I get to see big names in small venues and all is right with the world.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Alaska Darin
4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Let me tell you something. I hate big crowds, and in general, I just hate people. When it comes to something like a football game or a concert, if I don't have access to some form of "ultra exclusive," I ain't going. My last Bills game, Cigar Mark (I wish he posted here) hooked me up with a suite, and it was a great time.

There are times I really wish I could see The Eagles, or Billy Joel, and I'm just not able to afford being there the right way, so I don't go.

Small venues have become my favorite, and every once in a while I get to see big names in small venues and all is right with the world.

I almost hate to admit that I've been a "get off of my lawn guy" since I was in my late 20s.  I like "individuals" but once the crowd is over about 10, I want about zero to do with it.  When I was younger I used to love going to concerts.   Literally any decent group in any venue.  Then people started ruining it.

I stopped going to hockey games when my buddy stopped buying private boxes because I cannot sit in gen pop with you &#%$ing neanderthals.  I'm the same person there that I am everywhere.  I wanna WATCH THE &#%$ING GAME.  Your incessant need to get up every 10 minutes to do everything that isn't important has helped me understand why we have a legal system.

The best concert I've ever seen in my life was 3 Doors Down doing an acoustic show in this old boutique theater in the middle of nowhere.  The band was great but most importantly I had tickets where we sat on a couch on the stage with them.  So I literally only interacted with the band and their management for the entirety of the show.  Came into the theater thru a private entrance, left through the same, used the band's facilities, our own bar, etc.

• Like 3
  • FANtastic 1

IDBillzFan
19 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The best concert I've ever seen in my life was 3 Doors Down doing an acoustic show in this old boutique theater in the middle of nowhere.  The band was great but most importantly I had tickets where we sat on a couch on the stage with them.  So I literally only interacted with the band and their management for the entirety of the show.  Came into the theater thru a private entrance, left through the same, used the band's facilities, our own bar, etc.

That's flipping awesome. I've never had an opportunity for stage seating. My best concert was Tony Bennett at the House of Blues in LA. General admission, but if you ate dinner there, you got early access into the theater downstairs. We literally sat at the bar, with Bennett on the stage with a trio,  maybe 50 feet away. Like it was the 1950s. Helluva night.

• Like 3

Alaska Darin
Just now, IDBillzFan said:

That's flipping awesome. I've never had an opportunity for stage seating. My best concert was Tony Bennett at the House of Blues in LA. General admission, but if you ate dinner there, you got early access into the theater downstairs. We literally sat at the bar, with Bennett on the stage with a trio,  maybe 50 feet away. Like it was the 1950s. Helluva night.

Just to show how stupid people are...they had us take our seats maybe a minute before the band came out.  When we came out, people stood up and started cheering.  Uh, thanks?

• Haha 4

RochesterRob
37 minutes ago, Ann said:

As I understand it a pro football stadium was never well received in Orchard Park going back to 1970 when OP was becoming the most obvious choice for the then coming Rich Stadium.  Understandable in some respects as OP has been an upscale community for many decades now.  For Rochesterians it would be like building in Pittsford.