Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills want a new stadium – and for taxpayers to foot the bill

You Dirty Rat

CarpetCrawler
2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

The partial covering looks to be really "partial"

not a lot of coverage, especially if its rainy and the wind blows

Speaking of wind.

the stadium walls are made of see through mesh, which seems to be their plan to confuse the wind into the concourses and avoid the playing field

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/stadium-news

Tottenham definitely has a bigger roof, I wish they would just copy that one for us.

TOTTENHAMHOTSPURAERIALVIEWDAYCreditPopul

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Tottenham definitely has a bigger roof, I wish they would just copy that one for us.

TOTTENHAMHOTSPURAERIALVIEWDAYCreditPopul

Very unique cable suspension design used. Check Tottenham out in high winds

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

CarpetCrawler
On 3/28/2023 at 8:35 PM, Figster said:

Very unique cable suspension design used. Check Tottenham out in high winds

Makes me wonder how it would hold up in a 40" WNY blizzard ???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Makes me wonder how it would hold up in a 40" WNY blizzard ???

Damage from the same storm (80mph winds)

Tottenham was designed to handle high winds the way the video shows.  

Edited by Figster
  • Wow 1

5 hours ago, Figster said:

Damage from the same storm (80mph winds)

Tottenham was designed to handle high winds the way the video shows.  

This is proof positive that we need a dome! Domes never collapse in high wind and snow. Never. 

• Like 2

NFL wants the ability to move teams so they can extort more stuff from the locals.

maybe the NFL should build its own stadiums if they want to be able to move teams  

would be a hoot if the legislature agreed.

no one ever loses re-election in a D controlled state anyways

https://torontosun.com/sports/football/nfl/nfl-ordered-weaker-non-relocation-penalties-in-stadium-leases

Postmedia has learned that the NFL has insisted, since 2013, that if a liquidated-damages penalty applies to any club that breaks its stadium lease — if necessary, after receiving court permission to move — then those financial damages must start diminishing at a certain point during the lease term, and must reduce to zero by the end of it. 

“The NFL changed its rules after Buffalo’s last non-relocation agreement was signed,” a source said, “because the league said that deal was too strict. So the NFL basically prohibited NFL teams from ever again signing a similarly tough NRA. They wanted financial penalties for abandoning a stadium lease to be ramped down after a certain point.”  

• Cheers 1

now we know why the stadium project is taking so long to get off the ground.

turns out - the actual building of the stadium is an after thought to all of the WOKE programs that need to be prioritized

there is 0% chance that the stadium will be anywhere remotely near budget or within time deadlines

People will be shocked when those rumors of Pegula considering selling the team turn in to reality

just glad that "food insecurity" will finally be addressed.

it's no longer an embarrassment for burger to have a psychosis about taking a backseat to wings in the Buffalo market

https://buffalonews.com/opinion/another-voice-sustainable-development-around-new-bills-stadium-complex-will-benefit-entire-county/article_ff198ca4-dd20-11ed-b535-1f58f971887b.html

The deal includes a Community Benefits Agreement (CBA) that ensures the economic impact of a new NFL stadium is felt across our community. The CBA requires that 30% of the construction contracts utilize minority- and women-owned businesses (MWBEs), that 20% of the workforce is minorities and women, and that 30% of all supplies used and concessions sold are generated by MWBEs. The Bills must also invest $3 million per year in the community for all 30 years of the agreement. This funding must address anti-violence initiatives, career mentoring, food insecurity, affordable housing and other community initiatives.

n addition, the CBA will include a public transportation hub in the stadium design, mandates that the general contractor right-size bid packages and cover on-site insurance for smaller MWBE subcontractors and a structure for union halls to prioritize sending minorities and women to the stadium worksite.

The benefits of inclusive and diverse contracting, both in the construction and operation of developments near the stadium, will be felt across our community. So, if a hotel, entertainment complex or other development is built on current public land to take advantage of the economic opportunities of a new stadium, it makes sense that the benefits from that development, jobs, vendor opportunities, contractor hiring and revenues should be felt across the region, too.

• clown 2

Alaska Darin

I laugh when I read stuff like this...TN's debt is under $10B.  NYS' is OVER $200B, despite having the world's financial engine in their yard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I laugh when I read stuff like this...TN's debt is under $10B.  NYS' is OVER $200B, despite having the world's financial engine in their yard.

Titans stadium approved.

no mention of extortion payments for politician pet projects

Bills deal still waiting

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/26/new-titans-stadium-gets-final-approval/

In a vote of 26-12, Nashville City Council approved the deal. The vote came after an “impassioned five-hour public hearing.”

32 minutes ago, Ann said:

In Orchard Park!? :classic_dry:

so what changed in the 50 years since 1973 that will now make development a reality around the stadium?

must be the community development extortion program.

• I don't know 1