Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills want a new stadium – and for taxpayers to foot the bill

You Dirty Rat

10 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Hammer's lot is getting a parking garage.

For real? He's been posting pictures of everything. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Ann said:

For real? He's been posting picture of everything. 

No, I'm totally kidding.  They're talking about "development," but that's absolutely the most development I can see the stadium promoting.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

No, I'm totally kidding.  They're talking about "development," but that's absolutely the most development I can see the stadium promoting.

oh, ok. Yeah I was thinking "development!?" the only thing I ever went to Orchard Park for was the Orchard Park Animal Hospital (before it was sold it was expensive, but great... after sold, it was just expensive). I have no idea what they could be developing there. 

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

that's too upscale.

his lot gets the bus stop ("transportation hub")

On 4/27/2023 at 4:53 PM, Ann said:

oh, ok. Yeah I was thinking "development!?" the only thing I ever went to Orchard Park for was the Orchard Park Animal Hospital (before it was sold it was expensive, but great... after sold, it was just expensive). I have no idea what they could be developing there. 

image.thumb.jpeg.46bfef75de89006f6a062a33961d85f9.jpeg

Dining

Shopping

Leisure

Health

Hotels

They also have commercial real estate, e.g., offices. 
Nobody went to Foxboro before Kraft built the stadium. Now, it’s a destination for many. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

Dining

Shopping

Leisure

Health

Hotels

Nobody went to Foxboro before Kraft built the stadium. Now, it’s a destination for many. 

There is a plaza 3 miles up Southwestern called Crossroads Centre and then there is some even closer about 2 miles up Abbot near the McKinley Mall (dead).

A Trader Joe's would be a draw! But, Orchard Park couldn't even support the Orchard Fresh (which was Tops Fresh Market concept... why they didn't turn the one in Amherst on Maple and Transit into one first, I will never know) on North Buffalo street. That is also a dead plaza. 

It would be terrific for Orchard Park and the surrounding areas if the Bills could pull that off. No more driving into Cheektowaga or Amherst to shop. While Orchard Park is a very small community, there are a few bucks to rub together. Maybe it will work? 🤷‍♀️

Alaska Darin
2 minutes ago, Ann said:

There is a plaza 3 miles up Southwestern called Crossroads Centre and then there is some even closer about 2 miles up Abbot near the McKinley Mall (dead).

A Trader Joe's would be a draw! But, Orchard Park couldn't even support the Orchard Fresh (which was Tops Fresh Market concept... why they didn't turn the one in Amherst on Maple and Transit into one first, I will never know) on North Buffalo street. That is also a dead plaza. 

It would be terrific for Orchard Park and the surrounding areas if the Bills could pull that off. No more driving into Cheektowaga or Amherst to shop. While Orchard Park is a very small community, there are a few bucks to rub together. Maybe it will work? 🤷‍♀️

The money generally always follows the infrastructure.  If it's built, people will come.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

The money generally always follows the infrastructure.  If it's built, people will come.

Below 20? :classic_dry: We shall see. 

Alaska Darin
6 minutes ago, Ann said:

Below 20? :classic_dry: We shall see. 

The caveat...it's NY State, so bets are generally off as the population continues to move to more business/people friendly states.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Nanker said:

Dining

Shopping

Leisure

Health

Hotels

And how much money did they dump in to development above and beyond stadium costs?

NY is replacing a stadium with another stadium at the same site that currently has no other draw.  They're not the same situation.

• Like 2