Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills want a new stadium – and for taxpayers to foot the bill

You Dirty Rat

On 1/19/2023 at 10:18 PM, KD in CA said:

The life expectancy of a 71 year old with unlimited resources is probably 20 years. Can’t believe that’s really an issue.

The Pegulas are also not Ralph Wilson, who was dependent on the BILLS for the majority of his wealth.  They have a succession plan in place that isn't "sell the team and hope it's for an awesome price."

• Like 2

Bills Community Benefits Agreement reaches “beyond the stadium,” community group says

The negotiations to dot the i’s and cross the t’s on the Bills stadium deal continue to take place in private. But little by little, we’re learning more about what will be inside the Community Benefits Agreement between the team, New York State, and Erie County.

The Bills are committing to $3 million in investments annually, which, adjusting for inflation, is expected to amount to more than $100 million over the course of the 30-year lease. Elected officials and community groups insisted this would have to be part of the deal if the team wanted $850 million in public money for the $1.4 billion stadium’s construction.

So far, at least one of those groups like what they see in the CBA.

</snip>

5 hours ago, Ann said:

Bills Community Benefits Agreement reaches “beyond the stadium,” community group says

The negotiations to dot the i’s and cross the t’s on the Bills stadium deal continue to take place in private. But little by little, we’re learning more about what will be inside the Community Benefits Agreement between the team, New York State, and Erie County.

The Bills are committing to $3 million in investments annually, which, adjusting for inflation, is expected to amount to more than $100 million over the course of the 30-year lease. Elected officials and community groups insisted this would have to be part of the deal if the team wanted $850 million in public money for the $1.4 billion stadium’s construction.

So far, at least one of those groups like what they see in the CBA.

</snip>

Have no problem at all with the Bills being expected to give back to the community for the metric tons of money they are being given.

But have BIG problems with politicians getting to choose who gets it.

• Like 3

Season ticket price increase thread can be found here

How the New Bills Stadium affects Season Ticket Members

When it comes to the process for getting Season Tickets for the New Bills Stadium, set to be completed for the 2026 NFL season, Raccuia said the organization is prioritizing current season ticket members

"It's critically important that in the new stadium our season ticket members are the lifeblood of the organization and our fan base. We want to make sure that they have the right to purchase season tickets before anybody else does," Raccuia said.

Members that renew will maintain their current priority for seats in the new stadium. Next steps on that process will be communicated to season ticket members later this summer.

Additional information on the new stadium process can be found here.

</snip>

• Like 2

On 2/5/2023 at 11:20 AM, Ann said:

This would be helpful.

As much as I despise Kraft and his team, I have to admit (again) that his stadium is more than just a standalone building. They created Patriot Place which is a destination in and of itself. Before that was built, nobody wanted to go to Foxboro. No-Bod-Dee. 

There are hotels, shopping malls, restaurants aplenty, healthcare facilities, offices, and more. 

The Bills and Buffalo would do well to do something similar. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

As much as I despise Kraft and his team, I have to admit (again) that his stadium is more than just a standalone building. They created Patriot Place which is a destination in and of itself. Before that was built, nobody wanted to go to Foxboro. No-Bod-Dee. 

There are hotels, shopping malls, restaurants aplenty, healthcare facilities, offices, and more. 

The Bills and Buffalo would do well to do something similar. 

It always comes back to the damn politicians and how hard they make it to build anything.  There's no doubt there SHOULD be a lot of cool new stuff around such a project but we've all seen how the entrenched liberals do things.

It's the reason so many businesses are running from Illinois, NY, NJ, and California to Texas, NC, and Tennessee.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

It always comes back to the damn politicians and how hard they make it to build anything.  There's no doubt there SHOULD be a lot of cool new stuff around such a project but we've all seen how the entrenched liberals do things.

It's the reason so many businesses are running from Illinois, NY, NJ, and California to Texas, NC, and Tennessee.

I get what you’re saying. But Massachusetts is a very deep blue state too. 
Would love to see the surrounding area have some places that people would want to go to everyday. 

17 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I get what you’re saying. But Massachusetts is a very deep blue state too. 
Would love to see the surrounding area have some places that people would want to go to everyday. 

Gillette was built over 20 years ago.  Point remains the same.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
13 hours ago, Ann said:

Bricks vs panels

I know a good contractor but he only accepts to be paid in cash and he’ll accept Canadian dollars so the stadium will cost about $100.

Edited by Nouseforaname
  • Haha 4

On 2/17/2023 at 9:35 AM, Ann said:

Bricks vs panels

"It won't look as good" is union code for "we're not gonna be able to soak the taxpayers for a 50% premium".

The average person will give zero &#%$s about the minimal differences in appearance. 

• Like 2

Had this been a Dome design money going back into the community could have been more aimed at the ability to support a Superbowl IMO. Win, win

To much snow and with traction becoming a big problem I would like to know what the Bills plan on doing with the playing field. 4 foot of snow is equivalent to 5 inches of rain when melted. So a heated grass field better have real good drainage.

My thoughts on this is If you heat the field then heat the seats and walkways along with it.  All snow gets melted. Keep the fans fanny's warm.

Edited by Figster

5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

"It won't look as good" is union code for "we're not gonna be able to soak the taxpayers for a 50% premium".

The average person will give zero &#%$s about the minimal differences in appearance. 

50% premium due to on site brick layers, laborers, delays, change orders, etc

pre-made slab sheet, not so much

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Figster said:

Had this been a Dome design money going back into the community could have been more aimed at the ability to support a Superbowl IMO. Win, win

To much snow and with traction becoming a big problem I would like to know what the Bills plan on doing with the playing field. 4 foot of snow is equivalent to 5 inches of rain when melted. So a heated grass field better have real good drainage.

My thoughts on this is If you heat the field then heat the seats and walkways along with it.  All snow gets melted. Keep the fans fanny's warm.

Buffalo will NEVER host the Superbowl. Never. 

• Cheers 1