Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Breakdowns/Shortages

Foxx

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Time to resurrect the ill-conceived water pipeline from the Great Lakes again.

They tried to build one from upstate to Marin and people flipped out.  🙄

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Good thing after the last couple huge droughts we enacted ambitious plans to significantly expand reservoir capacity, enacted permanent common-sense restrictions, built gray water systems and desalinization plants, etc.  :classic_dry:

I guess, one of my main concerns would be the aquifers.

On 4/16/2022 at 8:24 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

No, but there are enough.  Particularly bristlecone pine, which is both long-lived and drought-tolerant.

Wow. Just looked them up. 

34 minutes ago, devnull said:

I stopped reading at the bolded

Inflation’s return marks a tipping point. Demand has hit the brick wall of supply. Our economies are now producing all that they can. Moreover, this inflation is clearly rooted in excessively expansive fiscal policies. While supply shocks can raise the price of one thing relative to others, they do not raise all prices and wages together.

As that statement is utter ignorance

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

On 4/16/2022 at 5:58 PM, Fansince88 said:

How do we know how dry it was 1200 years ago there? We can guess but we cant know.

On 4/16/2022 at 5:59 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Tree rings are a very good indicator.  

The assumption with reading tree rings however is that they can be affected by both a longer winter, and by drought. So if you make the claim it is because of drought, then you must also be able to prove it wasn't because of climate change or vice-versa... 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

27 minutes ago, Cinga said:

I stopped reading at the bolded

As that statement is utter ignorance

Sorry for posting something longer than a Tweet.  Try reading the entire article before passing judgement

19 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

This seems odd.

I suspect it's going to be one of those things that gets called a conspiracy theory for the next year or two until it's happened enough to no longer be a conspiracy theory, at which point it will be considered "BREAKING NEWS!"

• Like 2

Chandemonium
44 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I suspect it's going to be one of those things that gets called a conspiracy theory for the next year or two until it's happened enough to no longer be a conspiracy theory, at which point it will be considered "BREAKING NEWS!"

If the trend continues for a year or two, people who haven’t been stockpiling food and don’t have the means in either skill or acreage to homestead will start starving to death. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chandemonium said:

If the trend continues for a year or two, people who haven’t been stockpiling food and don’t have the means in either skill or acreage to homestead will start starving to death. 

Its almost frog leg season!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Gotta dust off my gig pole

Never really considered the state rules:

A fishing or hunting license is required to take frogs with a spear, club, hook, or by hand. A hunting license is required to take frogs with a gun or bow.

Was just out on the wheeler in the back side of our 300 acre wood. Peepers are loud on the ponds. In fact i could hear them over the Grizzly 660 with a bad exhaust.

Edited by Fansince88

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

So between Long Beach & Shanghai looks like a pretty good portion of the world's shipping capacity is idling around.

Excellent job politicians.

Nouseforaname
8 hours ago, Taro T said:

So between Long Beach & Shanghai looks like a pretty good portion of the world's shipping capacity is idling around.

Excellent job politicians.

Covid needs to be at zero to solve this problem 😂😂😂