Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo at Tennessee: Week 6 Game Week Thread

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin

Titans have an Elo rating of 1539.  With the Bills at 1690, that gives the Bills a 70.5% chance of winning.

For unadjusted ELO ratings.  For QB adjusted, the numbers are 1679 vs 1511, which equates to a 72.5% chance.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

My hope is the Bills 2021 Campaign to wipe their asses with teams that beat them last year continues on Monday. 

After Monday, if we win, the third team is Arizona. That would have to be in the Supe. 

• Cheers 3

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Singletary strikes me as more of an outside-the-tackles, make-guys-miss kind of runner.  Whereas Moss is more of a between-the-tackles, what-was-the-plate-of-the-truck-that-hit-me runner.

Given that the Bills' outside-the-tackles runner is Josh, I'd suggest that Moss is a better fit for this offense than Singletary.

They both needs to catch passes better than they did Sunday night. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

After Monday, if we win, the third team is Arizona. That would have to be in the Supe. 

We only lose one game the rest of the regular season. That's to the Bucs. The Super Bowl will be where our guys get ~20 years of payback.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Meazza said:

It’s a long season.  Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.  

Game by game.

I'm not the team. I'll OD on as much hope as I please.

snow-rail.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

It's hard not to go all in on this year's squad. Just think about what Beane has put together in such a short time. What a difference having a level-headed thinking GM in place makes - plus the right coach to build this franchise into a perennial winner and SB contender.

I see several Lombardis in this team's future, and I don't think I'm over-confident.  

• Like 4
  • Cheers 5

5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Titans have an Elo rating of 1539.  With the Bills at 1690, that gives the Bills a 70.5% chance of winning.

For unadjusted ELO ratings.  For QB adjusted, the numbers are 1679 vs 1511, which equates to a 72.5% chance.  

That's some strange magic.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Figster said:

The Bills run stopping capabilities has a rising Star emerging. Its a big ass to wipe. Derrick Henry might do the trick. 

As I recall, we did a pretty good job against Henry last year.  But we let Tannyhill kill us.  It was also the game where everything just went wrong.  Josh wasn't good, turnovers, etc.   There's always one of those games, but don't think it'll be this week for the Bills.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

As I recall, we did a pretty good job against Henry last year.  But we let Tannyhill kill us.  It was also the game where everything just went wrong.  Josh wasn't good, turnovers, etc.   There's always one of those games, but don't think it'll be this week for the Bills.

I hope not. Tennessee beat the snot out of Buffalo last year (42-16). I hope the Bills remember that and adjust, but Henry really is something. If the Bills limit the turnovers (3!! last year), hopefully they win.

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
21 minutes ago, Ann said:

I hope not. Tennessee beat the snot out of Buffalo last year (42-16). I hope the Bills remember that and adjust, but Henry really is something. If the Bills limit the turnovers (3!! last year), hopefully they win.

I really think that beat down stuck in the team’s craw more than they’ll ever publicly acknowledge. It was their worst loss, by far, of the previous two years imo - just by the nature of how they got beat in every phase,  got out coached, and got the ever loving snot knocked out of them all night long. It was an epic beat down. 

KC is a motivator, sure. They’re the conference champs. But I think this team has been waiting more for this one. I really think they’re going to have nothing but payback on their minds — in the best way possible. 

... Which in turn gives me great confidence in expecting the Bills to notch yet another +10 point victory Monday night. 

• Like 4
  • Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

This is not last year's defense, and the Titans have issues on defense. The freaking Jets not only beat them, but they sacked Tannehill 7 times. Even Trevor Lawrence threw for almost 300 yards against them. Week 2 Tanny threw for almost 350, Henry ran for 182 and they still only beat the Seahawks by 3 in overtime, and Seattle's defense is very bad.

I'm with you. This team is too focused right now to have one of those games. 

• Like 5
  • Cheers 1