Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Titans Week 6: The Aftermath

Ann

1 minute ago, Boxcar said:

K this sucks and all, but one game on the road against a good team (and the Titans are a good team) doesn't diminish the Bills that much. The Ravens should have lost to the Lions and Colts. They did lose to Vegas. They are not a true talent 5-1 team, and they are not better than the Bills. I hate how people can think this is the best team in the league and then one game takes them to middle of the pack. The Ravens aren't going 15-1.

I think the Ravens are a good team that has had a bit of luck in a few wins. Maybe they aren't 5-1 good, but they are, nevertheless, good.

• Like 1

DaBillsFanSince1973
9 hours ago, TtownBillsFan said:

We lost.  I hate it, as we could have won that one.  But, damnit, they beat us last year, too.  They didn't make it to the AFC Championship.  They won't, again, this year.  We will.  And we'll make it to the Superbowl, this time.  It'll be us Vs Dallas (that's my call).  We weren't going to go with only 2 losses all year.  We'll lose another game or two.  But we WILL be in the SB.  BOOK IT!

I like the way you think, I really do and I agree to an extent as far as how it went down last year but they really needed to win this one. if it hadn't been they had put a whipping on kc the week before I'd almost feel like this is the same old bills.

some questionable calls on offense and a defense that did not show up did not help their cause last night and with the bye they can lick their wounds and get ready to face some of the weaker teams on the schedule with the fins, jets and jags and then a home game against a well coached colts team.

they can still finish 12-5 or 13-4 and make the playoffs but losing to the steelers and now the titans you have to think about the tie breaker at the end of the season. they still could wind up 1 seed but it's going to depend on how those other teams finish and they damn sure can not afford to lose to the colts.

no, you have to win the conference games, key games that play in to the playoff alignment and so far they're in the hole with losses now to the steelers and titans.

if they have to face henry and the titans in nashville again, we really don't want to see that in my opinion.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
still half asleep when I posted my take. they can not be a wc in a division they should win
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

I think the Ravens are a good team that has had a bit of luck in a few wins. Maybe they aren't 5-1 good, but they are, nevertheless, good.

Didn't mean to imply otherwise. Maybe technically the Bills are looking up to them right now standings wise, but I don't think that will be the case long term.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

He was right in position to tackle Henry or at the very least disrupt the run. It should have been called, it was blatant.

The hold on Tre right before the video stops also wasn't called.

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

When you go for it on 4th down, all your risk is concentrated into that one play. But when you go into overtime, your risk is spread out across a number of plays. This creates the illusion that overtime is less risky.

Had they taken overtime, odds are the Titans are scoring a lot of touchdowns, based on the way the defense had played. That means the Bills' odds of winning an overtime game are probably less than 50%. Whereas, your chance of making that 4th down play should be a lot higher than 50%.

Going for it on 4th down was probably the right call. Running the ball on that play, on a night when the offensive line was getting dominated, with a QB who doesn't have a great knack for a QB sneak, may not have been the best possible play call.

Allen has been successful on 9/10 QB sneaks for conversions.

28 minutes ago, Ann said:

The Ravens VERY easily could be 3-3.  A 66 yard FG attempt ending the same way every single other 66 yard attempt in NFL history has gone drops them to 4-2 w/ a loss to a winless Lions team & a play or 2 going differently to the Colts & that's a loss as well.. 

With the Bills at "only" 4-2, you'd have to change the outcomes of AT LEAST 5 and more likely 10 plays in ANY ONE of the Bills games to drop them to that.

The Bills could with 3 or fewer plays changed in the Pittsburgh game or a single play in the Tennessee game be 5-1.  Get those plays in both & AZ isn't the only undefeated team.

The loss hurts, but this team is at 7-2 in 4 weeks barring major injuries.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

if they end up a wc team and have to face henry and the titans in nashville, we really don't want to see that in my opinion.

GO BILLS!!!

A wild card team?? I’m not the kind of guy to count my chickens before they are even embryos, but.. really? You think a wild card team is coming out of the AFC East? And you think it could be the Bills?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Timmah's take at The Athletic

The decision was cerebral. The numbers overwhelmingly favor going for the first down, with a victory the most common outcome. NFL Next Gen Stats show that in that specific situation, teams convert 75 percent of those plays and win 63 percent of the time. Meanwhile, attempting a field goal to tie the game leads to victory only 42 percent of the time.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2
  • Love 1

DaBillsFanSince1973
5 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

A wild card team?? I’m not the kind of guy to count my chickens before they are even embryos, but.. really? You think a wild card team is coming out of the AFC East? And you think it could be the Bills?

good point. was on my first cup. I still say, stop losing the conference games. it will end up being the archilles heel for them come the end of the season.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

This is the NFL...it was like 3 weeks ago when Baltimore needed a SIXTY FIVE yard Field Goal as time expired to beat Detroit..

It was 66, but heard for sure. 

I'm not overly upset about this loss. Close game, back and forth, we have more talent and could have won. Figure it out in January.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

It was 66, but heard for sure. 

I'm not overly upset about this loss. Close game, back and forth, we have more talent and could have won. Figure it out in January.

Thanks for the correction.  When I saw it on television, they said 65 and I never followed up on it.

The only problem I have with the QB sneak is that we need to execute when the other team knows it is coming.
IIRC Pittsburgh stacked the box and stopped Josh in game 1. When Tenn stacked the box I just felt like the sneak would not work. Morse is more of a cerebral center than a smash mouth player. Our guards have been much maligned in the run game. Hence Allen takes one step back and tries the edge. Maybe a 2 backfield set would keep the defense honest (just a thought),

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Uncle Joe said:

The only problem I have with the QB sneak is that we need to execute when the other team knows it is coming.
IIRC Pittsburgh stacked the box and stopped Josh in game 1. When Tenn stacked the box I just felt like the sneak would not work. Morse is more of a cerebral center than a smash mouth player. Our guards have been much maligned in the run game. Hence Allen takes one step back and tries the edge. Maybe a 2 backfield set would keep the defense honest (just a thought),

There are a lot of ways to skin that particular cat.  At the end of the day, your OLine has to win those individual battles.  Dawkins got blown the &#%$ up and that CANNOT happen.

I know he's still draggin' ass because of COVID stuff...but that just wasn't good enough.

• Like 5

By the way...Dawson Knox, throwing the two-point conversion, with a broken finger, was terrific. 

Oh, and Allen hit 9 different receivers last night. Also terrific.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Not only that, but by the end of the game, Williams and Brown had switched Guard/Tackle spots. I wonder if Brown had been at guard for the sneak and whether it would have made any difference (other than Josh slipping). Probably not. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's less of a problem if he gets the first down on that dive at the goal line. If he gets that first down, and get four chances to punch it in, we would love his hero ball shit.

Except that play wasn't even remotely hero ball shit.  If there was anything wrong with that play, it's the sidelines calling it, not Allen's performance of it.  I mean, really...it's 4th and 1, and Allen regularly makes that conversion...so he lines up to try to draw the offsides, with the option for a QB sneak if Allen sees an alignment he likes.  That's sound strategy, not hero ball...and the failure of the play comes down to Allen not getting leverage on the sneak because his right foot slips.

I'm still not sure I like the call from the sidelines (basically, reducing the game down to a single roll of the dice - not sure I dislike the call either, mind you, as it's a high-percentage dice roll).  But unless Allen was explicitly told "Don't run a play, just try to draw them offsides" and did otherwise, that's not on him.

Crap Throwing Clavin
56 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

There are a lot of ways to skin that particular cat.  At the end of the day, your OLine has to win those individual battles.  Dawkins got blown the &#%$ up and that CANNOT happen.

I know he's still draggin' ass because of COVID stuff...but that just wasn't good enough.

Yeah...an OL should be able to blow the DL off the ball for a yard. 

But at the same time...the Bills OL was beaten up all day, and gassed by the end of the game.  There was reason to think they wouldn't blow Tenn's DL off the line.  And it still came down to Allen's foot slipping.

Like I said...can't say I like the call, but can't say I dislike it either.  And had they called the FG...the OL is still beaten up and gassed for OT.  

• Like 1