Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Titans Week 6: The Aftermath

Ann

11 hours ago, Meazza said:

I do.  It wasn’t necessary.  Take the 3 and go to OT.

Titans win the coin toss and its probably over IMO. I have no problem going for it. I think it was the right call. The play that was called on the other hand I wasn't happy with considering how well the Titans were stopping the run. Way to obvious with a QB sneak. Also not happy with the D game plan and play calling. It was pitch and catch for short gainers and the Titans beat us this way IMO. 

Out coached and out played...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Like I said...can't say I like the call, but can't say I dislike it either.  And had they called the FG...the OL is still beaten up and gassed for OT.  

Neither the OL & DL would have held up in OT.

Too much emphasis is placed on that 4th down play, but the bigger misses were the three downs earlier in the quarter with Allen's misfires. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, GG1 said:

Neither the OL & DL would have held up in OT.

Too much emphasis is placed on that 4th down play, but the bigger misses were the three downs earlier in the quarter with Allen's misfires. 

Allen was not on his game. Daboll's loss of a loved one I think may have had a negative effect on both Allen and the Bills OC. 

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

While I didn’t like the call (due to time left), it is usually good.

Has been successful , but not when your Oline is having problems getting knocked off the line of scrimmage. Moss has a nose for the endzone and I hope next time Buffalo faces a situation like this he gets the football. 

26 minutes ago, Figster said:

Has been successful , but not when your Oline is having problems getting knocked off the line of scrimmage. Moss has a nose for the endzone and I hope next time Buffalo faces a situation like this he gets the football. 

I *think* that if it was 4th and goal, it's Moss. But remember, it was actually 4th and inches, with a timeout left. I'm sure they felt safe in Josh at least getting those inches for the first down.

As I've said repeatedly, any idiot with a grasp of grammar and an internet connection can be a sports journalist.

That doesn't mean they *should* be one, though.

• Doh! 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

As I've said repeatedly, any idiot with a grasp of grammar and an internet connection can be a sports journalist.

It really is a shame that "journalism" isn't taken seriously any longer. I'm a classically-trained journalist and abhor how lazy things have become, especially in TV. Last night's broadcast was dreadful with mistakes and errors.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

It really is a shame that "journalism" isn't taken seriously any longer. I'm a classically-trained journalist and abhor how lazy things have become, especially in TV. Last night's broadcast was dreadful with mistakes and errors.

I wasn't classically trained, but it was my concentration in college, and it took me three years as a journalist to realize what a shit profession it is...and that was in the mid 80s. At least for me, once the rush of your first P1 byline or murder trial passes, you're an underpaid schlub surrounded by underpaid schlubs, and at one point you find yourself in a bar again drinking with the schlubs thinking, "I GOTTA be able to do better than this."

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I wasn't classically trained, but it was my concentration in college, and it took me three years as a journalist to realize what a shit profession it is...and that was in the mid 80s. At least for me, once the rush of your first P1 byline or murder trial passes, you're an underpaid schlub surrounded by underpaid schlubs, and at one point you find yourself in a bar again drinking with the schlubs thinking, "I GOTTA be able to do better than this."

1. I turned down two guaranteed jobs in 1999 to run TV stations, for like $20k a YEAR. Hard pass.

2. I wrote a story in my sports journalism class senior year that was called "too advanced for this class." 

I'm in sales now......

• Wow 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

1. I turned down two guaranteed jobs in 1999 to run TV stations, for like $20k a YEAR. Hard pass.

2. I wrote a story in my sports journalism class senior year that was called "too advanced for this class." 

I'm in sales now......

I turned to marketing communications, where the money was MUCH better just to write fluff stuff, and that took me to sales, where you're paid MUCH better to not write anything other than a proposal. I did a bunch of freelance writing just because I enjoy the hell out of it, but to write for a living?  Uber hard pass. :classic_laugh:

5 hours ago, Boxcar said:

K this sucks and all, but one game on the road against a good team (and the Titans are a good team) doesn't diminish the Bills that much. The Ravens should have lost to the Lions and Colts. They did lose to Vegas. They are not a true talent 5-1 team, and they are not better than the Bills. I hate how people can think this is the best team in the league and then one game takes them to middle of the pack. The Ravens aren't going 15-1.

The titans lost to the Jets.

TO THE JETS.

We shouldn't have lost this game.

Just now, Joe said:

TO THE JETS.

Tell us all about that game, since clearly there is correlation between the two things.

7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Tell us all about that game, since clearly there is correlation between the two things.

The contention was the titans are "a good team."

The fact is, they're not. They're a mediocre team in a shit division. That's what makes this loss suck on ice. It shouldn't have happened, but for an absolute collapse by the defense.

46 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

who is that guy and is it real or a parody?  Because if that’s real, that’s effing hilarious!

10 minutes ago, Joe said:

TO THE JETS.

The national spotlight was on last night's game so a little more fire burning under the seats of the Titans than their Jets game.

• Like 1