Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Titans Week 6: The Aftermath

Ann

11 minutes ago, Joe said:

The contention was the titans are "a good team."

The fact is, they're not. They're a mediocre team in a shit division. That's what makes this loss suck on ice. It shouldn't have happened, but for an absolute collapse by the defense.

Except you're wrong.  Tennessee was missing both Jones AND Brown in that game.  Despite that, the were dominating the Jets...but they couldn't score in the Red Zone their first 3 drives, so when the Jets got the first big play, they were right back in the game.

Tannyhill threw for 300 yards and Henry ran for 150+ against the Jets.  They had a 10 minute TOP advantage, FOURTEEN more first downs, and created the only turnover in the game.  To call that a lucky win for the Jets is significantly underselling it. 

The biggest issue for the Thumbtacks against the Jets was pass protection, which is at least partially because they were playing a very inexperienced wide receiver group.  McDermott's decision to go heavy against the Titans certainly cost us in that facet.

You were chirping earlier about Baltimore, who are literally 4 plays from being 1-5, including winning a game against the Lions that they were getting physically hammered for most of.  IT'S THE NFL - the margin for winning in probably 90% of the games is a play or two. 

Stop talking out your ass and pretending one game early in a season defines an entire team.  TN was a playoff team last year and barring injury, will be one again when the dust settles this season.  Top to bottom, that division ain't much different than the AFC East. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Something we haven't discussed here, but I suspect gets challenged if we're not under 2 minutes.

McDermott could have asked for a mearsurement.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Stop talking out your ass and pretending one game early in a season defines an entire team.  TN was a playoff team last year and barring injury, will be one again when the dust settles this season.  Top to bottom, that division ain't much different than the AFC East. 

Yeah, they play in a weak division like the Bills do, and now they own a tiebreaker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe said:

The contention was the titans are "a good team."

The fact is, they're not. They're a mediocre team in a shit division. That's what makes this loss suck on ice. It shouldn't have happened, but for an absolute collapse by the defense.

And the Rams lost to the Jets last year. So what? Any given Sunday. The Titans played a good game at home, give them some credit for executing when they had to. This isn't the end of the world. Frankly, I'm already over it. This is nowhere near as bad as last year's loss before the bye, I was sick for a week.

Guess what? Bills are still SB favourites in Vegas. This game hasn't shifted public opinion on them. It was the classic let down spot after a super charged up game against KC. They are still in good position to nab the 1 seed, and they are going to come out of the bye week like a cannon ball. I almost feel bad for the Dolphins.

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

As I've said repeatedly, any idiot with a grasp of grammar and an internet connection can be a sports journalist.

That doesn't mean they *should* be one, though.

Nick Wright was absolutely insufferable in that exchange. Basically, the Bills have to go undefeated to avoid his scorn.

34 minutes ago, snafu said:

Yeah, they play in a weak division like the Bills do, and now they own a tiebreaker.

The next three games will tell us quite a bit about them.

4 hours ago, snafu said:

Not only that, but by the end of the game, Williams and Brown had switched Guard/Tackle spots. I wonder if Brown had been at guard for the sneak and whether it would have made any difference (other than Josh slipping). Probably not. 

Watch the replay of that play. Whomever was playing RG got the push. Had Josh went right instead of left, we win the game. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

That Rich Eisen clip above has an interesting take on that play.

In the end, couldn't argue with that spot, but they did appear to change it from the initial reaction of the ref.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The next three games will tell us quite a bit about them.

Yes, some good games there.  Then the rest of their schedule is a cakewalk.  The Titans may not be all that great, but they've already had their "poop themselves" game with the Jets.  Perhaps the Bills also did with the Steelers.

39 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Watch the replay of that play. Whomever was playing RG got the push. Had Josh went right instead of left, we win the game. 

Wasn't that Williams?

Brown was playing Guard in the first half then Williams was in the second half, if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

His knee was down before that still, and the ball hadn't crossed the line yet.  

As much as it pains me to say it...it was a good call and spot.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

it was a good call.

1 hour ago, Boxcar said:

And the Rams lost to the Jets last year. So what? Any given Sunday. The Titans played a good game at home, give them some credit for executing when they had to. This isn't the end of the world. Frankly, I'm already over it. This is nowhere near as bad as last year's loss before the bye, I was sick for a week.

Guess what? Bills are still SB favourites in Vegas. This game hasn't shifted public opinion on them. It was the classic let down spot after a super charged up game against KC. They are still in good position to nab the 1 seed, and they are going to come out of the bye week like a cannon ball. I almost feel bad for the Dolphins.

I tend to agree with this because all Buffalo has to do is win one more game then the other Division leaders and with our schedule it should be very possible. 

19 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I had no issue with the spot.  I'd still have asked for a measurement.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I think asking for a measurement would have calmed things down there.  Even with the timeout, things seemed a lot chaotic.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

You were chirping earlier about Baltimore, who are literally 4 plays from being 1-5, including winning a game against the Lions that they were getting physically hammered for most of.  IT'S THE NFL - the margin for winning in probably 90% of the games is a play or two. 

This is gospel right here.

I don't care one way or another about Lamar, and I'm not one to harp on how Lamar gets an intentional overdose of national media kudos. But they are, this year, the Steelers of last year. They're winning, but it doesn't feel very sustainable.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Tell us all about that game, since clearly there is correlation between the two things.

By the transitive property, if the Titans lost to the Jets, then the Bills lost to the Jets.  

• Haha 1