Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

School Kids - Pawns in Social Reform and their Domestic Terrorist Parents

Foxx

On 12/5/2023 at 7:29 PM, Ann said:

Harvard's current endowment is $50.9 BILLION dollars Why they are getting one penny from the government, I don't know. Why they care about current lost fundraising, I don't know. Why they have tuition, I don't know. 

The money they have is true F-U money, and there is nothing anyone can do about it as they churn out spox that are indoctrinated with whatever the hell Harvard wants them to be indoctrinated with. The question is: who at Harvard has decided Jews bad, Hamas good?

uniform-watching.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Meanwhile, at MIT….

Our support for our president

December 7, 2023

To the members of the MIT community,

As you may have heard, this afternoon, the US House Committee on Education and the Workforce announced that it will conduct an investigation of the learning environments at MIT, Harvard, and the University of Pennsylvania, as well as their policies and disciplinary procedures. This follows a hearing earlier this week regarding antisemitism.

I write now to let you know that I and the Executive Committee of the MIT Corporation entirely support President Kornbluth.

I share here the note we released publicly this evening:

The MIT Corporation chose Sally to be our president for her excellent academic leadership, her judgment, her integrity, her moral compass, and her ability to unite our community around MIT’s core values. She has done excellent work in leading our community, including in addressing antisemitism, Islamophobia, and other forms of hate, all of which we reject utterly at MIT. She has our full and unreserved support.

Wishing you all the very best in this holiday season.

Sincerely,

Mark P. Gorenberg
Chair
MIT Corporation

• clown 2
  • Facepalm 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ann said:

wow

Kids today are no worse off mentally than when I was a kid.

There are the smart kids, the average kids, the dumb kids, the kids who don't care, and the retards.  No difference between today and when I was a kid.

The difference is how teachers interact with the different types of kids.  When I was a kid, the teachers recognized whose who and taught the students, not the class. 

Then everybody started getting a trophy.  Instead of ignoring the kids who don't care, giving the dumb kids some crayons, and the retards some paste to nibble on, teachers started treating them like the smart kids.

This smart kids and average kids started getting bored and they saw how much attention the dumb kids, the retards, and kids who don't care were getting.  So some stopped caring and others played dumb and acted like a retard for attention.

And I apologize if I offended anyone by using the term "retard".  But since I was reflecting back on my childhood, that was the unofficial word.  It was considered rude, but was still a commonly used word.

Edited by devnull
  • Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
37 minutes ago, Ann said:

This is gonna get "interesting"

Wikipedia operates under a Creative Commons license.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Copyrights#:~:text=The text of Wikipedia is,one or several liberal licenses.  You can't plagiarize it. 

It's far more concerning that anyone would use Wikipedia as a primary source for a dissertation.  But it's not plagiarism, not by a long shot.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Wikipedia operates under a Creative Commons license.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Copyrights#:~:text=The text of Wikipedia is,one or several liberal licenses.  You can't plagiarize it. 

It's far more concerning that anyone would use Wikipedia as a primary source for a dissertation.  But it's not plagiarism, not by a long shot.

Or, wiki lifted her content. 🤷‍♀️

• Cheers 2

Last night, no one at  @MIT had a good night’s sleep.

Yesterday evening, shortly after I posted that we were launching a plagiarism review of all current MIT faculty, President Kornbluth, members of MIT’s administration, and its board, I am sure that an audible collective gasp could be heard around the campus.

Why? Well, every faculty member knows that once their work is targeted by AI, they will be outed. No body of written work in academia can survive the power of AI searching for missing quotation marks, failures to paraphrase appropriately, and/or the failure to properly credit the work of others.

But it wasn’t just the MIT faculty that did not sleep last night. The @Harvard

faculty, its governing board members, and its administrative leadership did not sleep either. Because why would we stop at MIT?

Don’t we have to do a deep dive into academic integrity at Harvard as well?

What about Yale, Princeton, Stanford, Penn, Dartmouth? You get the point.

While we are going to do a detailed review of plagiarism at MIT, we are not going to be the only ones who do so.

Every college and university in the world is going to have to do the same for themselves. They will do so because they will need to validate all plagiarism accusations, or someone else will do it for them.

The best approach, however, is probably to launch an AI startup to do this job (I would be interested in investing in one) as there is plenty of work to do, and many institutions won’t have the resources to do it on their own. Perhaps more importantly, the donors are going to demand that the review is done by an independent third party.

For who today is going to trust higher education to review itself?

Consider the inherently irreconcilable conflicts of interest. Would you trust today’s university president to do an examination of their faculty? What are the chances that the reviews would be weaponized to go after faculty members whose politics were not favored by leadership?

We have seen this before with other tools used by university presidents and their deans. Consider the weaponization of MeToo accusations, speech codes, and the other tactics of cancellation that have destroyed free speech on campus, and many faculty members’ reputations, careers, and their families.

By analogy, who would trust even our most credible corporations with auditing their own financial statements? There is a reason why all public companies have independent auditors who are carefully examined by regulators to ensure they maintain quality, standards, accuracy, and independence.

And what if a plagiarism review turned into an incredible embarrassment for the entire university? It could lead to wholesale firings of faculty. Donors terminating their donations. Federal funding being withdrawn, and a massive litigious conflagration where faculty members and universities sue one another about what is plagiarism, and what is not. Think about the inevitable destruction of the reputations of thousands of faculty members as it rolls out around the country, and perhaps the world.

He continues here

• Like 1

Going after  @BillAckman’s wife is one of the dumbest moves I’ve ever seen. MIT and Business Insider don’t understand the force of nature that’s about to come after them.

This guy literally beat out Brad Pitt competing for his wife. While you were losing sleep over not having toilet paper during Covid, he was making $2.6B shorting the entire economy. The dude is just built different.

Ackman is righteously pissed off. He’s motivated. He’s rich af, and he’s got some of the best research analysts in the world working for him (I worked in military intelligence, and DOD/IC analysts don’t come close to Wall Street short-sellers when it comes to autistically meticulous research).

You think Gen Z clickbait journalists and MIT deans more comfortable in chemistry labs than in tense board-room proxy fights are ready for a guy like this once he gets on the war path? Yeah, right.

• Like 2