Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Tidbits

MothersMilk

10 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Patriots, on the other hand, have three WRs chosen in the first round (Nelson Agholor, Devante Parker, N'Keal Harry) who last year, on three different teams, combined for slightly more receptions (89) than Cole Beasley (82).  

2 takeaways. 1) we had that QB for years. We know what it is like to see good WR's fail due to horrible QB play. 2) Cole land anywhere yet?

Billsandhorns
10 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

2 takeaways. 1) we had that QB for years. We know what it is like to see good WR's fail due to horrible QB play. 2) Cole land anywhere yet?

I haven't heard anything about Cole signing anywhere

On 4/23/2022 at 9:00 AM, Fansince88 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to find out he's being shunned. 

22 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Quite possible. Goodell is that kind of a shit. 

41 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Except he's a really good slot receiver when healthy and teams can use a really good slot receiver. 

There may have been no offers, he may have decided to retire (he mentioned it last year), maybe only terrible teams offered and he decided against? 

Beasley was in Texas working out with Mayfield last month, but have heard nothing else. "He's looking for the right deal and the right situation."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

It won't matter. That will change the moment someone needs him. He's too good to not pick up if you find yourself short a slot receiver.

Never forget the golden Vick rule of football: We don't care what you did; if you can still play and we need you, we'll pay you millions.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I live close enough to railroad tracks that cross a road. It is pretty active and every

time I hear the train horn as it approaches the road crossing (like it just did), I think about being at a Bills game.

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 4/24/2022 at 3:53 PM, IDBillzFan said:

Never forget the golden Vick rule of football: We don't care what you did; if you can still play and we need you, we'll pay you millions.

Yeah...tell that to Kaepernick, who the NFL refuses to enslave no matter how much he begs to be shackled.

8 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Yeah...tell that to Kaepernick, who the NFL refuses to enslave no matter how much he begs to be shackled.

Qualifier: "if you can still play."

Part of me wishes someone would give him a chance to start just so the non-NFL SJWs out there can learn what we already know.

Dude can't play.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Qualifier: "if you can still play."

Part of me wishes someone would give him a chance to start just so the non-NFL SJWs out there can learn what we already know.

Dude can't play.

Of course Kaepernick can play.  It's just that everyone on the field keeps trying to stop him from running, passing, etc.

Because tackling is <...shakes Magic 9 Ball of Intersectionality...> transphobic.

• Haha 2

IDBillzFan

Every time I watch one of these old clips, I'm astounded at the size of the equipment these dudes had to wear. Or maybe they were just huge mf'ers.

I seem to recall a story how Bruce Smith used to use something of a vacuum to shrink-wrap his jersey to his body so opponents couldn't pull him down by the jersey.

Anyway, a Taron Johnson moment for Carlton Bailey.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Every time I watch one of these old clips, I'm astounded at the size of the equipment these dudes had to wear. Or maybe they were just huge mf'ers.

I seem to recall a story how Bruce Smith used to use something of a vacuum to shrink-wrap his jersey to his body so opponents couldn't pull him down by the jersey.

Anyway, a Taron Johnson moment for Carlton Bailey.

One of the worst offensive days of Kelly's career - he was brutal.  The BILLS literally couldn't do anything right on that side of the football but fortunately the defense played lights out until they knocked Elway out of the game.  Gary Kubiak came in and almost pulled off a great comeback.  I think he only had one incompletion in the game and scored Denver's only TD.

• Like 1