Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Patriots Week 13: The Aftermath

Ann

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

The Pats ran the ball, they stacked the box against the run.  They adjusted fine.  They executed poorly.

The Bills adjusted fine because they didn't need to adjust.  Belichick never changed his plan the entire game, which should have worked in Daboll's and Frazier's favor because they typically don't adjust their plan.  You're right - the Bills did execute poorly, on both offense and defense.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I don't think it gains these media types anything to keep harping on sitting McKenzie and Stevenson.  McD made the right decision given the conditions.  There are so many other things they could ask McD, yet they keep going to punt and kick return personnel decisions in 25-50 mph winds :frustration:

• Like 4

On 12/8/2021 at 12:45 PM, Foxx said:

After having a day and a half to digest this latest loss and get out of that funk, I agree completely with Jordan Poyer.

We had basically one mistake defensively.  Remove that mistake and holding a team to 160 yards on the ground when that is all they did, is to me, pretty darn impressive. Our woes are on the offensive side of the ball.

Sullivan is who he is.

I said this is the aftermath thread. 46 run plays for 222 yards against us. 46 PLAYS!! Take the 68 yard run away and it is 3.5 yards per carry and the D wins the game for us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Core Four said:

I don't think it gains these media types anything to keep harping on sitting McKenzie and Stevenson.  McD made the right decision given the conditions.  There are so many other things they could ask McD, yet they keep going to punt and kick return personnel decisions in 25-50 mph winds :frustration:

Are they just trying to goad him? I think so. I also agree 100% with you here.  So just know, you could be completely wrong

Edited by Fansince88

11 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Are they just trying to goad him? I think so. I also agree 100% with you here.  So just know, you could be completely wrong

If they want to goad him, why not ask about the soft run defense.  That will get under McD's skin quick.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I said this is the aftermath thread. 46 run plays for 222 yards against us. 46 PLAYS!! Take the 68 yard run away and it is 3.5 yards per carry and the D wins the game for us. 

An article that goes a bit in depth on the defensive game.

Video (and other) analysis: The Bills’ defense was a lot better than credited

...By the numbers

Usually my recap/analysis pieces are video-centric but not this week. Don’t worry. There’ll be some GIFs, but only from two specific drives for reasons I’m about to make clear. Foreshadowing aside, yes we’re gonna talk about drives.

The New England Patriots had a total of ten drives, one of which was just to ice the clock in the fourth so we’ll discount that one. So nine. Nine drives! Ah ah ah ah, ah ah ah, ah ah! Let’s look at some fast facts for all nine. ...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

key part of the strategy was to be in position to win at end of the game

the conditions sucked, so the balance of the game time had to be consumed somehow.

by running all the time, Pats bled the clock (and did not score much) and reduced time the Bills were on field exposed to turning it over.- 

which Breida did 

I'd say it wasn't pretty, but the strategy worked,

Bills just failed to execute to score to win

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

The defense didn’t take the 68 yard run away, so why should we?