Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Patriots Week 13: The Aftermath

Ann

2 hours ago, Ann said:

While it worked, I would not call it "masterful." Heck, the officials call the PI on Knox in the end zone and we are sitting around saying how stupid a strategy it was.

It was a good strategy because A) Belichick knew we probably couldn't stop the run the entire game, and B) no way was he going to trust MJ throwing the ball in those conditions.  He then leaned on his defense to make Allen's night difficult since he didn't have to worry about our running game.

1 hour ago, Meazza said:

This team hasn't sucked?

They lost to the Jaguars. This team was supposed to walk away with the division while the next best team was in a rebuilding phase.  They just lost to that team.

I'm also on record as saying last season that this team would go very far in the playoffs.  

Every team has a bad loss like our Jags loss. The Colts game, they sucked. Other than that, no, they haven't sucked.

We were supposed to win the division. The Patriots made good off-season moves. They rebuilt pretty fast. How is that Buffalo's fault? Last night sucked because they didn't go with what they do best. They depended too much on the run. It was still a tight game in conditions that favored the Patriots style of play. A game that Buffalo gave away with stupid penalties the last two drives, which has been their biggest issue this year.

Buffalo's roster was built to beat the Chiefs. They aren't as physical as some teams but they don't suck. They were a Josh slip away from beating the best rushing attack in the league.

They have issues they need to clean up and figure out. I think they can and will. You clearly don't.

Edited by LB3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

I get what you're saying, but that isn't how the stats work.  A 65 yard run is a 65 yard run regardless if 10 yards was in front of the last man or 30 yards.  On that particular play, Edmunds bit on the play fake and was out of position.  Hyde in an uncharacteristic error, did the same.

I think that was NE's plan - tire out the defense with 4-5 running plays on repeat.  It worked.  In the 4th quarter, NE's last drive ate up 8:40 of clock.  The defense was worn down toward the end of the game.

Other than Edmunds' miscue in the 1st quarter, I would mostly agree.  The defense did not totally collapse like they did in Tenn, Indy, and Pitt games.  The game plan made sense, but we don't have a big 1TDT or MLB that can stop a power running offense.  If anything, Frazier should have taken out a CB and put in another DT.

The game was always within reach, and if we had any kind of OLine, we would have won.  The offense was definitely the weak link last night, that's not a surprise.

Lol of course Edmunds gets blamed. Oliver overruns, Milano over pursues, Hyde over pursues, Edmunds fills his gap. Conclusion: Edmunds is at fault. Like clockwork.

Also, I wasn't saying that the yardage was reduced, or that we should ignore it, but throwing that entire run into the equation for YPC doesn't tell an accurate story. Include the part up to where he passes Hyde, fine, but past that, Harris had no one to beat. This is simply for the sake of assessing the run defense, not to say the run didn't count or whatever. Just like Singletary's big run against the Dolphins gave him a high YPC that told an inaccurate story.

Edited by Boxcar

Zero excuse for Knox dropping multiple momentum-changing passes right in his breadbasket, nor the in the hands in the end zone.  Hey Knox, want to be "elite"?  Quit dropping passes IN YOUR HANDS.  Zero excuse for Breida vomiting a hand-off into his chest.  Zero excuse for a Bills defense stacking the box then allowing a 60+ yard rumble to the end zone by a NE RB castoff.  I read the news today about McDermott saying "let's not elevate Bill Belichick"...McD, you got outcoached, outplayed, and flat out out-whatevered last night.  I'm so done with this team.  ZERO &#%$ING HEART, aside from a QB that throws himself to whatever call is made.  I was there for the 4-run.  Ever since that &#%$er Scott Norwood, it's like the curse that just can't be lifted. 

Edited by Krichek
because I can
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Lol of course Edmunds gets blamed. Oliver overruns, Milano over pursues, Hyde over pursues, Edmunds fills his gap. Conclusion: Edmunds is at fault. Like clockwork.

Also, I wasn't saying that the yardage was reduced, or that we should ignore it, but throwing that entire run into the equation for YPC doesn't tell an accurate story. Include the part up to where he passes Hyde, fine, but past that, Harris had no one to beat. This is simply for the sake of assessing the run defense, not to say the run didn't count or whatever. Just like Singletary's big run against the Dolphins gave him a high YPC that told an inaccurate story.

When a run goes up the middle, yes, Edmunds gets blamed because that is his gap.  Last night certainly wasn't the first time that he has ever missed his coverage, and I doubt it will be his last.  Edmunds does not have the awareness and IQ to play MLB.  Not sure why some people don't see this.  

Sounds like you don't like the way stats are recorded.  I don't know what to tell you other than you're barking up the wrong tree.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The Patriots showed they know Jones sucks. And sucks hard. 

They won’t win a thing with him under center. One game does not remake a dynasty. People need to relax. It’s not a perfect roster, we knew that before the season. But there’s more than enough talent to get to where they want to go. 

Dude Rhino - 

Belichick decided to embarrass your staff.  Mission accomplished.  Nice job building a team to beat the Chiefs....in the summer.  

For you to make the statement above you are either not an educated football fan or just trying to poke Pats fans.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you were trying to poke.

Fail.  We know what we have and the next 10 years are gonna suck for the rest of the AFC.   Again.

I have watched Mac all season.  He is a talented QB.  You can scoff, but see my point above.  

Soothe that hide of yours with posts like that if that is what it takes.

It looks to me like your Bills are going to pay $258,000,000 to Allen....

...and waste the money and the player.

And THAT, Dude, is a damn shame because that guy SHOULD be the MVP every other year.  He is that good.

Have fun in Tampa next week ands we will see you at Gillette the day after Christmas.

Pray for great weather.  In late December.  In Massachusettes.  

38 minutes ago, Krichek said:

Zero excuse for Knox dropping multiple momentum-changing passes right in his breadbasket, nor the in the hands in the end zone.  Hey Knox, want to be "elite"?  Quit dropping passes IN YOUR HANDS.  Zero excuse for Breida vomiting a hand-off into his chest.  Zero excuse for a Bills defense stacking the box then allowing a 60+ yard rumble to the end zone by a NE RB castoff.  I read the news today about McDermott saying "let's not elevate Bill Belichick"...McD, you got outcoached, outplayed, and flat out out-whatevered last night.  I'm so done with this team.  ZERO &#%$ING HEART, aside from a QB that throws himself to whatever call is made.  I was there for the 4-run.  Ever since that &#%$er Scott Norwood, it's like the curse that just can't be lifted. 

You know what happens next, right?  The Patriots will win the Super Bowl.  Brady last season, Billy B this season.  The greatness of the both on full display. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

Dude Rhino - 

Belichick decided to embarrass your staff.  Mission accomplished.  Nice job building a team to beat the Chiefs....in the summer.  

For you to make the statement above you are either not an educated football fan or just trying to poke Pats fans.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you were trying to poke.

Fail.  We know what we have and the next 10 years are gonna suck for the rest of the AFC.   Again.

I have watched Mac all season.  He is a talented QB.  You can scoff, but see my point above.  

Soothe that hide of yours with posts like that if that is what it takes.

It looks to me like your Bills are going to pay $258,000,000 to Allen....

...and waste the money and the player.

And THAT, Dude, is a damn shame because that guy SHOULD be the MVP every other year.  He is that good.

Have fun in Tampa next week ands we will see you at Gillette the day after Christmas.

Pray for great weather.  In late December.  In Massachusettes.  

You are delusional. We've been nice hosts. It might be time for you to head back to your board before you overstay your welcome.

38 minutes ago, Krichek said:

Damien Harris is the Pats RB1.  Not a castoff.  Special back, actually.  That said, Mondre Stevenson is coming on strong.  He sat in BB's dog house for 5 games for a fumble and his pass blacking was subpar.  He seems to have improved in both ball security and passpro. 

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

You are delusional. We've been nice hosts. It might be time for you to head back to your board before you overstay your welcome.

I really am not delusional.  The kid is good.  You didn't see it because you weren't meant to.  At least not last night in those conditions.

If you feel I have posted something worthy of being banned then have at it.  We both know I haven't, but you get to make the rules.  

1 minute ago, Aloyouis said:

I really am not delusional.  The kid is good.  You didn't see it because you weren't meant to.  At least not last night in those conditions.

If you feel I have posted something worthy of being banned then have at it.  We both know I haven't, but you get to make the rules.  

It is always better when an unwanted guest has enough self awareness to leave. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

You're an arrogant pompous prick. You deserve to be banned. I don't want to say all *Patriot fans are like you because to be sure, they are not but there certainly are a good percentage of your type.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, Aloyouis said:

I was screaming at the TV at McDummy (ours, not yours) to throw the ball all game.  After sleeping on it I have reversed myself.  The strategy was masterful.  

I don't know if I'd call it masterful.  Maybe the Pats would have thrown some had the Bills been ahead.  As it played out the missed FG in Q4 cost the Bills the game.  It would have been an easy kick with LOS inside the 15 at the end for the win (even in that wind).  Frankly though, had the Bills played just a bit better the Patriots don't win and the Bills will see a lot of mistakes and missed opportunities on the film.  I thought Bill took a big risk playing so not to lose, but the result is all that matters.  A field goal may have resulted in Bill getting a lot of criticism today.  Much respect I have for that man as a coach though. 

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Like 1

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, LB3 said:

Every team has a bad loss like our Jags loss. The Colts game, they sucked. Other than that, no, they haven't sucked.

We were supposed to win the division. The Patriots made good off-season moves. They rebuilt pretty fast. How is that Buffalo's fault? Last night sucked because they didn't go with what they do best. They depended too much on the run. It was still a tight game in conditions that favored the Patriots style of play. A game that Buffalo gave away with stupid penalties the last two drives, which has been their biggest issue this year.

Buffalo's roster was built to beat the Chiefs. They aren't as physical as some teams but they don't suck. They were a Josh slip away from beating the best rushing attack in the league.

They have issues they need to clean up and figure out. I think they can and will. You clearly don't.

The Steelers ?

No, unfortunately I think that this season will not go any better. A couple of big wins against inferior talent and some close losses that we can all talk about and say “what if”.

25 minutes ago, Foxx said:

You're an arrogant pompous prick. You deserve to be banned. I don't want to say all *Patriot fans are like you because to be sure, they are not but there certainly are a good percentage of your type.

Nah, it's all good.  I enjoy reading the different perspectives, and we deserve some lumps today. 

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Krichek said:

There is NO excuse to fumble a ball right in your breadbasket

Regarding the fumble; Brieda had his arms all wrong on the play.

Watching the replay of the game on Manningcast and Peyton pointed out that depending upon which way you are running towards, determines which arm is high and which is low to create the opening to stick the ball into, so your not necessarily handing it across the upper arm but into an opening. Because Matts arms were backwards, the ball never hit the breadbasket but rather the upper chest area and in essence, the front pad portion of the shoulder pads. It hit there and bounced right out. 

One would think being a running back for how ever long he has been, that this little aspect would be ingrained in one. It didn't look to be a busted play so I have no idea what the thinking there was.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Meazza said:

The Steelers ?

No, unfortunately I think that this season will not go any better. A couple of big wins against inferior talent and some close losses that we can all talk about and say “what if”.

Tough loss. Didn't suck. The Steelers were still at full health and had Dupree. Penalties again were the main issue. Punt block TD didn't help either.

2 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Nah, it's all good.  I enjoy reading the different perspectives, and we deserves some lumps today. 

I don't deny we deserve the lumps, Shirley we do. What we don't deserve is the condescension of a M@$$h@l&. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Regarding the fumble; Brieda had his arms all wrong on the play.

Watching the replay of the game on Manningcast and Peyton pointed out that depending upon which way you are running towards, determines which arm is high and which is low to create the opening to stick the ball into, so your not necessarily handing it across the upper arm but into an opening. Because Matts arms were backwards, the ball never hit the breadbasket but rather the upper chest area and in essence, the front pad portion of the shoulder pads. It hit there and bounced right out. 

One would think being a running back for how ever long he has been, that this little aspect would be ingrained in one. It didn't look to be a busted play so I have no idea what the thinking there was.

Like I said, NO EXCUSE.  That drive was absolutely critical to the game.  No excuse for a professional to be so crossed up.