Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Patriots Week 13: The Aftermath

Ann

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Regarding the fumble; Brieda had his arms all wrong on the play.

Watching the replay of the game on Manningcast and Peyton pointed out that depending upon which way you are running towards, determines which arm is high and which is low to create the opening to stick the ball into, so your not necessarily handing it across the upper arm but into an opening. Because Matts arms were backwards, the ball never hit the breadbasket but rather the upper chest area and in essence, the front pad portion of the shoulder pads. It hit there and bounced right out. 

One would think being a running back for how ever long he has been, that this little aspect would be ingrained in one. It didn't look to be a busted play so I have no idea what the thinking there was.

Probably why he's on a journeyman trajectory despite all the athletic ability.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ann said:

This was actually a pretty good article.  Hard to disagree with what Sullivan wrote.  I'm not a usual Jerry Sullivan reader or a fan...or hater.  I don't have a lot of exposure to him, but he kind of nailed it with this piece.

Just now, Krichek said:

Like I said, NO EXCUSE.  That drive was absolutely critical to the game.  No excuse for a professional to be so crossed up. 

I get it. I'm as upset as the next guy/gal here. To my way of thinking though, we had plenty of chances to right that wrong. We failed to do so.

8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I don't deny we deserve the lumps, Shirley we do. What we don't deserve is the condescension of a M@$$h@l&. 

Didn't find the posts overly condescending and we get to do this again with the Patsie's in less than 3 weeks.  I say bring on the Pats fans here. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Didn't find the posts overly condescending and we get to do this again with the Patsie's in less than 3 weeks.  I say bring on the Pats fans here. 

Please no. Please, please, please no. 

• Haha 1
  • FANtastic 1

10 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

:hattip:

If this is a common sentiment, we have no problem with it.

Nouseforaname
21 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Tough loss. Didn't suck. The Steelers were still at full health and had Dupree. Penalties again were the main issue. Punt block TD didn't help either.

Again, this team was built to go to the Super Bowl but is now not even a sure thing for the playoffs.

Call it what you want bro but they aren’t very good.  Good teams don’t look back at games and say “what if”.

2 minutes ago, Meazza said:

Again, this team was built to go to the Super Bowl but is now not even a sure thing for the playoffs.

Call it what you want bro but they aren’t very good.  Good teams don’t look back at games and say “what if”.

How many teams would you put in this category? I don't think any AFC teams fit your criteria for being a good team.

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, LB3 said:

How many teams would you put in this category? I don't think any AFC teams fit your criteria for being a good team.

Why does that matter? How many were Super Bowl contenders at the beginning of the season? 

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Meazza said:

Why does that matter? How many were Super Bowl contenders at the beginning of the season? 

Everyone starts the season 0-0.

So basically, 31 teams.  Everyone but the Jets.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Everyone starts the season 0-0.

So basically, 31 teams.  Everyone but the Jets.

And the lions.

26 minutes ago, Foxx said:

:hattip:

If this is a common sentiment, we have no problem with it.

i can deal with other teams fans that come in genuine good faith. But come to the board to poke fun? Oh hail naw.  My mom may be fat, and she may be ugly…but dammit if you call her fat and ugly, there will be hell to pay!

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aloyouis said:

Dude Rhino - 

Belichick decided to embarrass your staff.  Mission accomplished.  Nice job building a team to beat the Chiefs....in the summer.  

For you to make the statement above you are either not an educated football fan or just trying to poke Pats fans.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you were trying to poke.

Fail.  We know what we have and the next 10 years are gonna suck for the rest of the AFC.   Again.

I have watched Mac all season.  He is a talented QB.  You can scoff, but see my point above.  

Soothe that hide of yours with posts like that if that is what it takes.

It looks to me like your Bills are going to pay $258,000,000 to Allen....

...and waste the money and the player.

And THAT, Dude, is a damn shame because that guy SHOULD be the MVP every other year.  He is that good.

Have fun in Tampa next week ands we will see you at Gillette the day after Christmas.

Pray for great weather.  In late December.  In Massachusettes.  

Are you serious?  BB didn't want the Bills to see Jones' true talent?  Really?

Is that why when the game was still in doubt for 58 minutes, BB wanted no part of trusting Jones to pass, except for one feeble screen?  If the kid had talent, surely he'd let him drop back on any of those 12 third down attempts.  You can wax philosophically about BB's strategy to run the ball and control the clock, but that strategy goes out the door on third downs when you need to have your QB throw the ball.

The bottom line to the game is that this was a classic BB game where the team that made less errors won the game.  By my count there was only one mistake by the Pats and at least half dozen by the Bills, and the game came down to the last minute, and ended with the last mistake by the Bills.  This wasn't SB XXV where Giants controlled 41 minutes of the clock.  The Bills moved the ball, but made mistakes in critical situations.

Yet you chalk it up to some invisible power of Jones or brilliant game plan by Belichick, while ignoring the basic fact that if Bass doesn't shank the short FG try, it's a completely different drive with two minutes to go, and all of that brilliance goes up in a cloud of smoke.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

At the end of the season, the Bills can look back and say “we lost to the fing Jags, got absolutely destroyed by the Colts, and lost to the Pats in a game we should have won”.  yay Bills.  You went from 12-4 and absolutely exciting to maybe 9-8, with a massive dose of “WE DGAF” to boot.  Coaching and comfortability.  This team in no way wants a Super Bowl…it wants security and contactual obligations.  You have an elite, absolute elite QB, a world-class WR, and everyone else should be looking at what they bring to the table.

11 hours ago, LB3 said:

Every team has a bad loss like our Jags loss. The Colts game, they sucked. Other than that, no, they haven't sucked.

We were supposed to win the division. The Patriots made good off-season moves. They rebuilt pretty fast. How is that Buffalo's fault? Last night sucked because they didn't go with what they do best. They depended too much on the run. It was still a tight game in conditions that favored the Patriots style of play. A game that Buffalo gave away with stupid penalties the last two drives, which has been their biggest issue this year.

Buffalo's roster was built to beat the Chiefs. They aren't as physical as some teams but they don't suck. They were a Josh slip away from beating the best rushing attack in the league.

They have issues they need to clean up and figure out. I think they can and will. You clearly don't.

They aren't physical AT ALL

14 hours ago, Foxx said:

You're an arrogant pompous prick. You deserve to be banned. I don't want to say all *Patriot fans are like you because to be sure, they are not but there certainly are a good percentage of your type.

I have been fair. I have not called you names. I’ve not called your team names. And you have experienced nothing like that over at Patriots planet either.

Yet, a person such as yourself does all of those things here. You’ve sworn at me, you have called me belittling names and generally behaved like a child. And yet I have  not reciprocated in the same way. Staying above the fray. Admittedly, staying above your fray isn’t all that high so I’ve stayed quite a bit higher than that.  I’m not patting myself on the back, behaving the way I have behaved should be expected. It should also be expected of you.

Any rate, you should come back for productive football conversation at the planet and bask in the respectful way you have been treated.  When the moderators here disallow people like you to treat visitors the way that you’ve treated me this place will see growth the same way the planet has. 

By the way, that’s experience speaking. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Doh! 1