Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Patriots Week 13: The Aftermath

Ann

1 minute ago, Meazza said:

Again, everyone is ignoring what actually happened and sticking to the stats when they don’t tell the true story. 

The defense only seemed to play lights out at the end and that certainly helped get us to two game winning drives but this defense can’t stop the run.  They get manhandled.

If that's what you actually think after watching that game, there's nothing anyone can really say to help you. You've decided this to be true in the face of evidence to the contrary.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Just now, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

In those conditions, holding on for dear life and surviving was a masterful strategy.

While it worked, I would not call it "masterful." Heck, the officials call the PI on Knox in the end zone and we are sitting around saying how stupid a strategy it was.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Ann said:

While it worked, I would not call it "masterful." Heck, the officials call the PI on Knox in the end zone and we are sitting around saying how stupid a strategy it was.

I'd still be saying it was a good strategy.  I was saying before the game it would be a good strategy.  

14 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

If that's what you actually think after watching that game, there's nothing anyone can really say to help you. You've decided this to be true in the face of evidence to the contrary.

He's on record saying that this team sucks and will likely shit the bed the rest of the season. He also believes that they've played "like garbage all season."

It was a tough loss so the takes are extra hot.

1 hour ago, Meazza said:

There were many moments where it counted that they were simply able to run for a first and keep the momentum going, especially when the wind was favorable for the Bills.

That happens to every team in every game. Would it have been better if NE threw for those first downs?  NE had 32 minutes of possession.  It wasn't like NE was successful at playing keep-away.  Because our defense was doing fine.  NE was 2/12 on third down for cripes sake.  The bottom line is that they only gave up 14 points and gave the Offense the opportunity to score a winning touchdown twice. 

You're killing the defense for giving up one TD on a broken play and two field goals, but ignoring an Offense that mustered up 10 points and had two fourth quarter trips into the red zone after the Defense made two stops and gave them the opportunities.  An offense that had golden field position (with the wind) early in the game (because the Defense forced punts), and was given the ball on the NE 20 for the only touchdown they scored.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

Just more heartbreak from this team.  When the O could make up for bad defense, like last year, ok.  But right now  the O is just off.  There is NO excuse to fumble a ball right in your breadbasket, or to drop numerous momentum-swinging passes (Knox).  WHY was Allen not running more after some play fakes since the running game was absolute crap?  How the F do you stack the box against the  run then allow a 50+yard rumble, basically untouched?  Awful coaching, dreadful execution last night.  This is the team that lost to Jacksonville and got absolutely crushed by Indy...no heart.    

1 hour ago, Boxcar said:

There's missing context. An 80 yard run and a 40 yard run can result from the same kind of defensive breakdown; if the RB gets behind the last man, he's gone no matter how far from the goal line. So it isn't really fair to consider all the yards after Hyde as the same as all the yards happening in front of him. Half of NE's yards came on three plays, they entered the red zone once and were extremely inefficient on third down.

I get what you're saying, but that isn't how the stats work.  A 65 yard run is a 65 yard run regardless if 10 yards was in front of the last man or 30 yards.  On that particular play, Edmunds bit on the play fake and was out of position.  Hyde in an uncharacteristic error, did the same.

1 hour ago, Boxcar said:

We can do with the absolute total of rushing yards, but that's also missing context because they ran the ball 50 times. That tires out a defense, and yet they still held a late game NE drive to well under 2 minutes for a three and out.

I think that was NE's plan - tire out the defense with 4-5 running plays on repeat.  It worked.  In the 4th quarter, NE's last drive ate up 8:40 of clock.  The defense was worn down toward the end of the game.

1 hour ago, Boxcar said:

The defense did what they needed to do for a win. The Bills needed to score in the redzone, and they managed one TD. They had the ball on the 6 with a chance to win the game because of the defense.

Other than Edmunds' miscue in the 1st quarter, I would mostly agree.  The defense did not totally collapse like they did in Tenn, Indy, and Pitt games.  The game plan made sense, but we don't have a big 1TDT or MLB that can stop a power running offense.  If anything, Frazier should have taken out a CB and put in another DT.

The game was always within reach, and if we had any kind of OLine, we would have won.  The offense was definitely the weak link last night, that's not a surprise.

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Core Four said:

we don't have a big [...] MLB that can stop a power running offense

Well, we may...but he's benched in favor of &#%$ing Onalim.

4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Well, we may...but he's benched in favor of &#%$ing Onalim.

Well, yeah, assuming he was available.  True, Klein is usually on the bench when not playing SpT, plus being paid starter salary.  It's maddening what they see in Edmunds.

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, LB3 said:

He's on record saying that this team sucks and will likely shit the bed the rest of the season. He also believes that they've played "like garbage all season."

It was a tough loss so the takes are extra hot.

This team hasn't sucked?

They lost to the Jaguars. This team was supposed to walk away with the division while the next best team was in a rebuilding phase.  They just lost to that team.

I'm also on record as saying last season that this team would go very far in the playoffs.  

3 hours ago, Ann said:

I was screaming at the TV at McDummy (ours, not yours) to throw the ball all game.  After sleeping on it I have reversed myself.  The strategy was masterful.  

1. If the Pats have the ball, Josh Allen doesn't.  Running accomplishes this.

2. The Bills can't stop the run.  Or won't.  Same outcome.

3. The RB and OL groups are a strength for the Pats that was magnified by the weather.  Of course you leverage them.

4. BB is willing to let other staffs make mistakes or do things not in their own best interest.  Bills OC and DC complied.

5. While we can't know the weather for Foxborough in 3 weeks, we know the Pats can run it OR pass it.

6.  Film. BB gave your staff zero to use for the next game.  The importance of this can't be overstated.  Chess/Checkers.

Your McDummy could take a lesson from Bill's pressers.  He embarrassed himself after the game.

As long as you have Josh Allen the Bills can win any game.  Find the right GM to build a cold weather squad.  Win homefield and make the Pats or KC play in conditions the Bills are built for.  Last night they were built for the Pats at your place.

Holy Shit Allen is good.  I think I want a blizzard for the re-match!

Edited by Aloyouis

Deranged Rhino

The Patriots showed they know Jones sucks. And sucks hard. 

They won’t win a thing with him under center. One game does not remake a dynasty. People need to relax. It’s not a perfect roster, we knew that before the season. But there’s more than enough talent to get to where they want to go. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1