Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Main Stream Media

Jackson

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, devnull said:

Joy Behar says the quiet part out loud.  

Just get rid of the Republican party.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/the-view-hosts-rid-republicans-white-supremacy-massacres

Been saying that for years - DR recalls, I'm sure.  Democrats will outlaw the Republican Party as a hate group if they ever get the chance.

• Like 2

Clueless - the “legacy media” are clueless

Today brings with it yet another hearing of the House’s January 6th Commission. Last Thursday the Commission held a primetime hearing that received full coverage from many cable nets, which were joined by ABC, NBC and CBS (though their viewership was way down compared to regular programming).

The Democrats and national media have placed incredible importance on January 6th, but voters’ concerns are elsewhere.

Compare & contrast:

C'mon November !

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
32 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Clueless - the “legacy media” are clueless

Today brings with it yet another hearing of the House’s January 6th Commission. Last Thursday the Commission held a primetime hearing that received full coverage from many cable nets, which were joined by ABC, NBC and CBS (though their viewership was way down compared to regular programming).

The Democrats and national media have placed incredible importance on January 6th, but voters’ concerns are elsewhere.

Compare & contrast:

C'mon November !

Reported to the Ministry of Disinformation...or whatever it's called, I forget.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what these "LGBTQ Issues" are that are so critical.  Our society as a whole is pretty permissive.  The LGBTQ "issues" seem to mostly amount to trying to force individuals to conform to "right-think."

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Reported to the Ministry of Disinformation...or whatever it's called, I forget.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what these "LGBTQ Issues" are that are so critical.  Our society as a whole is pretty permissive.  The LGBTQ "issues" seem to mostly amount to trying to force individuals to conform to "right-think."

America is by far the most permissive. Venture to any other country and you will find much more restrictive policies in place. Anywhere from it being discouraged openly, to a death sentence. 

• Like 1

REPUBLICANS, LOOK TO FLORIDA FOR A LESSON IN DEALING WITH THE CORRUPT CORPORATE MEDIA:

Just this week, a New Yorker “fact-checker” reached out to the Florida Department of Health demanding an on-background call. When the department’s press secretary Jeremy Redfern requested that the journalist put her questions in writing, the corporate media employee responded with snark and demanded to speak with someone else.

“I believe that speaking with a fact-checker on background to better understand publicly available data is an important and necessary function of the Florida Health Department,” she wrote in correspondence with Redfern. “Is there someone else I can speak with to answer my questions?”

Cue the takedown.

“Being a ‘fact-checker’ does not grant you any special privileges. If anything, that makes me more inclined to get a written record of what you are looking for, as the ‘fact-checking’ industry gets the ‘facts’ wrong on a regular basis. Someone has to be here to fact-check the fact-checkers,” Redfern replied, adding, “This isn’t a ‘can I speak to your manager’ type of situation.”

Redfern rejected the journo’s premise that media “fact-checkers” are somehow entitled to certain privileges when they demand Republicans’ attention because he knows the media aren’t trustworthy enough to have earned it.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/06/15/republicans-look-to-florida-for-a-lesson-in-dealing-with-the-corrupt-corporate-media/

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 3
  • FANtastic 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, B-Man said:

REPUBLICANS, LOOK TO FLORIDA FOR A LESSON IN DEALING WITH THE CORRUPT CORPORATE MEDIA:

Just this week, a New Yorker “fact-checker” reached out to the Florida Department of Health demanding an on-background call. When the department’s press secretary Jeremy Redfern requested that the journalist put her questions in writing, the corporate media employee responded with snark and demanded to speak with someone else.

“I believe that speaking with a fact-checker on background to better understand publicly available data is an important and necessary function of the Florida Health Department,” she wrote in correspondence with Redfern. “Is there someone else I can speak with to answer my questions?”

Cue the takedown.

“Being a ‘fact-checker’ does not grant you any special privileges. If anything, that makes me more inclined to get a written record of what you are looking for, as the ‘fact-checking’ industry gets the ‘facts’ wrong on a regular basis. Someone has to be here to fact-check the fact-checkers,” Redfern replied, adding, “This isn’t a ‘can I speak to your manager’ type of situation.”

Redfern rejected the journo’s premise that media “fact-checkers” are somehow entitled to certain privileges when they demand Republicans’ attention because he knows the media aren’t trustworthy enough to have earned it.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/06/15/republicans-look-to-florida-for-a-lesson-in-dealing-with-the-corrupt-corporate-media/

Unfortunately, journalism's premise that fact-checkers are entitled to certain privileges is supported by the simple fact that they start screaming "Suppression!" "Freedom of the Press!" and "Liars!" and other childish temper tantrums when they don't get their way.

And they hold the megaphone, not Redfern.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Unfortunately, journalism's premise that fact-checkers are entitled to certain privileges is supported by the simple fact that they start screaming "Suppression!" "Freedom of the Press!" and "Liars!" and other childish temper tantrums when they don't get their way.

Someone should give them a pacifier.

181116093626-woman-with-pacifier-in-mout

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Well, that's not how it's done in DeSantis' Florida.... 

A website that has a section dedicated to fact checking and is utilized by Feacebook/Meta for fact checking, didn't fact check their own publications. How much more :facepalm: can you get? 

USA Today to Remove 23 Articles After Investigation Into Fabricated Sources

... “After receiving an external correction request, USA Today audited the reporting work of Gabriela Miranda,” the note reads. “The audit revealed that some individuals quoted were not affiliated with the organizations claimed and appeared to be fabricated. The existence of other individuals quoted could not be independently verified. In addition, some stories included quotes that should have been credited to others.” ...

• 2 weeks later...
IDBillzFan

You know what's funny about this? That these journalists are asking the press secretary to end this practice.

This chick grabs a binder, finds the tab corresponding to the topic being asked about, turns to the page, and reads what is written down.

The press secretary doesn't even do press secretary shit. She just reads from a book.

But yeah, I'm sure she'll get right on this request. :classic_laugh:

• Cheers 4

On 6/6/2022 at 7:24 PM, B-Man said:

Imagine that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Americans also thought along these lines. If you have the misfortune to watch commercials these days, and even remotely think they represent the public at large, the numbers would even probably be closer to 50% black and 30% gay/trans. And just about every couple is of mixed races.

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Hedge said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Americans also thought along these lines. If you have the misfortune to watch commercials these days, and even remotely think they represent the public at large, the numbers would even probably be closer to 50% black and 30% gay/trans. And just about every couple is of mixed races.

And if you watch past the commercials to the content aired on those channels and think shows are an accurate representation of the public at large you'd think 95% of Americans are white, all fat guys have smokin hot wives, and Americans are immune to explosions and gunfire.  I don't know what sensible conclusions you hope to draw from this.

I know a lot of you think you're being conditioned for a post-white future with forced LGBTQ conversion but I think there may be a less nefarious explanation.  The less nefarious but still super woke explanation could be that if you show things like what you described long enough, then at some point in the future a commercial with a mixed race couple eating cheerios won't launch a thousand angry diatribes.  Or, these are commercials from for profit, multinational companies and maybe they want to tap into markets which have not been targeted historically because its effective marketing and drives sales?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

And if you watch past the commercials to the content aired on those channels and think shows are an accurate representation of the public at large you'd think 95% of Americans are white, all fat guys have smokin hot wives, and Americans are immune to explosions and gunfire.  I don't know what sensible conclusions you hope to draw from this.

I know a lot of you think you're being conditioned for a post-white future with forced LGBTQ conversion but I think there may be a less nefarious explanation.  The less nefarious but still super woke explanation could be that if you show things like what you described long enough, then at some point in the future a commercial with a mixed race couple eating cheerios won't launch a thousand angry diatribes.  Or, these are commercials from for profit, multinational companies and maybe they want to tap into markets which have not been targeted historically because its effective marketing and drives sales?

I don’t think commercials these days are a representation of the Americans public. It doesn’t make me want to rush out and support woke-capitalism when I see an agenda being pushed by a company. It may be different for others.

An unrepresented subset of people in commercials are Hispanics. I see so few commercials with Hispanics and think that companies are really missing an opportunity. If blacks are 10% of the US population, gays are 2%, and Hispanics are 20%, why is the Hispanic population not being represented in commercials? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 7/1/2022 at 4:20 PM, Ann said:

I don’t think commercials these days are a representation of the Americans public. It doesn’t make me want to rush out and support woke-capitalism when I see an agenda being pushed by a company. It may be different for others.

An unrepresented subset of people in commercials are Hispanics. I see so few commercials with Hispanics and think that companies are really missing an opportunity. If blacks are 10% of the US population, gays are 2%, and Hispanics are 20%, why is the Hispanic population not being represented in commercials? 

You missed the point.  When you view everything through the context of a culture war its easy to see things as "Woke capitalism" instead of just capitalism.

Plenty of hispanic representation in commercials I see.  Maybe your experience is a function of the channels you watch?

53 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Maybe your experience is a function of the channels you watch?

Or maybe... it is a function of your geographic location.