Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hollywoke -- A thread for Tinseltown's Tailspin into Televangelism

Deranged Rhino

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Ann said:

Well, they changed from heterosexual couples to non heterosexual couples. 

And it probably dropped their average viewership from 12 to 8 viewers.

It's &#%$ing Hallmark.  Who watches that?  :classic_laugh:

IDBillzFan
57 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Changed directions from what?

"Breaking news: Hallmark Increases Maximum Allowed Movie Plots to Four."

They strayed from the formula that worked for them. In fact, they 100% had this incredible Christmas market to their own. People loved their stuff. Hell, I loved their stuff, because they gave you stupid holiday stories that looked like Norman Rockwell meets Thomas Kinkade meets Rankin/Bass and it was a great break from the world.

Great background Christmas stories while you're hanging with your family over the holidays.

Every ending was snow-covered happiness, and people loved it. I've often told people that living here in Northern idaho is like the last 15 minutes of every Hallmark Christmas story.

Then, then bowed to the wokesters, and that was that. Plus, they suddenly had competition because their formula was not that difficult.

Haven't watched them in two years.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And it probably dropped their average viewership from 12 to 8 viewers.

It's &#%$ing Hallmark.  Who watches that?  :classic_laugh:

Karens

Fansince88
On 1/17/2024 at 8:05 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Changed directions from what?

"Breaking news: Hallmark Increases Maximum Allowed Movie Plots to Four."

Lesbian and gay lovers being forced upon you just like most commercials on TV. They think it is what people want. I picked on my wife every time they were on. "is that Santas son? Or is he the one that owns the large book store that wants to buy out the small town book store? She would ignore me and continue to watch with a wanting smile on her face as the love story unfolds with the same story and same faces with different rolls. Then I showed her the article about their "change" and she deleted the app on our tv. 

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 1

How do you reduce the roll of the lead character!???

Rachel Zegler Rumored to Have Reduced Role in Upcoming Disney Snow White Live Action Remake

</snip>

According to a source we believe to have accurate information, Disney has been looking for a way to “soften” the image of Snow White as played by Rachel Zegler in the movie. According to this source, the amount of reshoots they need for Zegler is prohibitively intense… and it also doesn’t make much sense to try having her play the role in a more heartwarming, traditional manner if she’s also playing it quite differently in the original footage. As an example, the source says the chances of Rachel Zegler convincingly singing “Some Day My Prince Will Come” after her interviews to be about as zero as zero can be.

</snip>

The source claims that Disney has hired a young actress to play Snow White as a child. The idea is to cut time out of Zegler’s performance, show Snow White as a cute little kid, and soften the character with flashbacks and/or major origin story portion at the beginning of the film. Of course, edits have not begun for these scenes as we believe they’re not shot yet, so things could change. That said, if they do go forward with significant cutaways to Snow White as a child, this is a deviation from the original. And, wouldn’t you know it, after receiving this information last week, it turns out there are sites reporting that Disney has, indeed, hired a young actress to take the role. And that would mean that they’re actively inserting a new childhood-portion of the movie that wasn’t originally planned!

</snip>

• O Rly 1
  • Haha 3
  • Popcorn 1

Judge dismisses Disney’s lawsuit against Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and his allies

A US judge has dismissed Disney’s lawsuit against Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and his political allies, including the board he appointed to oversee Disney’s property in Florida.

The judge’s ruling is a win for the governor’s escalating legal battle with the entertainment giant.

The lawsuit, which was filed by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts in April, accused DeSantis of weaponizing his political power to punish the company for exercising its right to free speech.

However, on Wednesday, a federal judge in Florida ruled that Disney lacked standing to sue DeSantis and that the company’s claims against the governor’s oversight board fail on merit.

The judge determined that Disney had not “alleged any specific actions the new board took (or will take) because of the Governor’s alleged control.”

In a statement to CNN, a Disney spokesperson said the company was not deterred by the ruling and planned to “press forward” with its case.

“This is an important case with serious implications for the rule of law, and it will not end here,” the spokesperson said. “If left unchallenged, this would set a dangerous precedent and give license to states to weaponize their official powers to punish the expression of political viewpoints they disagree with. We are determined to press forward with our case.”

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 2

On 1/30/2024 at 11:51 AM, Ann said:

4 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Dont screw with Snake Plissken 

There's a reason he escaped from New York and Los Angeles

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin

Wife watched Barbie last night.  Literally gave her nightmares.  She actually called everyone who liked that movie "sheeple."

(Note that I have never discussed conspiracies or "sheeple" with her.)

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Wife watched Barbie last night.  Literally gave her nightmares.  She actually called everyone who liked that movie "sheeple."

I’ll admit that I’m curious about the movie, as I know 2 people who have watched it, who are polar opposites in terms of the political spectrum and understanding wokeness, and each of their opinions of the movie are completely opposite of what I would have guessed they would have been.

Am I curious enough to spend 90 minutes that could be spent doing almost anything else though… probably not.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hedge said:

I’ll admit that I’m curious about the movie, as I know 2 people who have watched it, who are polar opposites in terms of the political spectrum and understanding wokeness, and each of their opinions of the movie are completely opposite of what I would have guessed they would have been.

Am I curious enough to spend 90 minutes that could be spent doing almost anything else though… probably not.

If I ever do decide to watch it (probably not), it will be mainly to watch Margot Robbie. 

Deranged Rhino

https://variety.com/2024/film/columns/is-streaming-becoming-a-form-of-stockholm-syndrome-anyone-but-you-1235896638/

The pushback against the streaming model is starting to be mainstreamed. Will be interesting to see how the tech companies react: 

I do realize that we live in a capitalist world, and that no one is forcing these movies to be bought by streaming companies. If Netflix is ponying up all that money, the inevitable response needs to be: Why isn’t there a theatrical-release company that can compete? We know the answer. The streamers (Netflix, Apple) are tech companies that have more money than God. So they can outbid anyone they want.

• Like 1

Fansince88
18 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

My wife and daughter watched it a few weeks back. I was watching youtube videos with my earbuds in. Just glancing at it now and then was rnough for me. Find it funny that a movie against male existence was given one award. That was for the male in the movie. 😆 

Gavin in Va Beach
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Rapper, part of a group called Run the Jewels. Smart guy, watched a show of his on Netflix some years back. He recently made news being on Real Time where Maher kept trying to egg him into endorsing Biden and he refused. The timing of this arrest can't help but make one wonder if it was to send him a message to fall in line.

• Cheers 2