Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hollywoke -- A thread for Tinseltown's Tailspin into Televangelism

Deranged Rhino

Today is an important day for me--I am filing a lawsuit against  @lucasfilm   &  @Disney

After my 20 years of building a career from scratch, and during the regime of former Disney CEO Bob Chapek, Lucasfilm made this statement on Twitter, terminating me from The Mandalorian: “Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm & there are no plans for her to be in the future. Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural & religious identities are abhorrent & unacceptable.”

Nothing could be further from the truth. The truth is I was being hunted down from everything I posted to every post I liked because I was not in line with the acceptable narrative of the time. My words were consistently twisted to demonize & dehumanize me as an alt right wing extremist. It was a bullying smear campaign aimed at silencing, destroying & making an example out of me. 

The thing is I never even used aggressive language. I shared thought provoking quotes, pictures, memes & occasionally I used my own words, not with aggression but with respect & the occasional comedy to keep the mood light in dark times.

Look with your own eyes at what I posted and ask yourself, for example, where did I compare Republicans to the Jewish people in the holocaust? I didn’t. Ask yourself why they were calling me a racist, was there any merit behind that or history of it whatsoever?  No. Look at why I was called a transphobe--for making droid noises from Star Wars? “Beep, bop, boop” was obviously directed to the online bullies and did not in any way denigrate transgender people. 

Were my questions about masks, lockdowns & forced vaccines ok to ask & push the subject into the light? Should we have been allowed to publicly discuss those topics at that time without being harassed or censored? Absolutely.

Hollywood says they support female representation & equal rights. Why then were my male co-stars permitted to speak without harassment & re-education courses or termination, but I was not afforded the same right to exercise my freedom of speech.

Artists do not sign away our rights as American citizens when we enter into employment. I have spoken to all my co-stars since I was fired & there is nothing but care and kind words between us. I respect their right to free speech & do not have to think the same on every issue to be their friends & work with them & I know they feel the same towards me.

A couple months ago 
@ElonMusk
 tweeted that if you had been fired from using the platform (X) for exercising your right to free speech, he would like to offer these people legal representation. Quite the noble offer, but never in my wildest dreams would I have thought anyone would take on my case against Lucasfilm/Disney.  Still, I did respond back “I think I qualify” & thousands of people agreed--but I did not expect anything. 

To my surprise, a few months ago I received an email from a lawyer who had been hired by X to look into my story & many others. Turns out after sending them as much information as I could gather these past few months, my now lawyers & X believe whole-heartedly in my case & are moving forward.

I would like to express my deepest gratitude & thank you to @ElonMusk   &  @X  for giving me an opportunity to bring my case to light.

As for me, I would love to pick up where I left off & continue my journey of creating & participating in story-telling, which is my utmost passion & everything I worked so hard for. It has been difficult to move forward with the lies & labels stuck on me, backed & encouraged by the most powerful entertainment company in the world.  I am grateful someone has come to my defense in such a powerful way & look forward to clearing my name. 

Thank you to all the people who have supported me & made your voices heard. I pray God blesses each & every one of you. 

With love,

Gina Carano

For inquiries contact:
CaranoLawsuit@schaerrjaffe.com

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Ann said:

Whoa

wow.jpg.7ab333eb88bb3ceb06a1474376e737b1.jpg

The phrase "underrepresented groups" sure is used a lot. How is this being defined? Because if I look at TV commercials, shows, series, or movies, I'm seeing minority groups with an extremely large % of the roles, *way* more than their actual numerical percentage in society as a whole is. "Underrepresented groups" would actually be white men, hetero-sexual couples, and single race families. And Asians and Hispanics, because they don't fall under the special treatment umbrella that other demographics do.

• Like 6
  • Cheers 1

Meanwhile Amazon Studios seeks one character from each of the following categories for speaking roles of any size: 

(1) Non-white
(2) LGBTQ
(3) Person with disability

"The minimum aspirational goals for casting across speaking roles are 30% white men, 30% white women and non-binary people, 20% men from underrepresented races and ethnicities, 20% women and non-binary people from underrepresented races and ethnicities. Where we can have more people from underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, we will seek to do that... We also aspire to cast at least 10% of our roles with people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or gender non-conforming / non-binary; and 10% with people who self-identify as a person with a disability." 

https://www.ccdeia.com/policy

• Facepalm 2
  • O Rly 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

Meanwhile Amazon Studios seeks one character from each of the following categories for speaking roles of any size: 

(1) Non-white
(2) LGBTQ

"The minimum aspirational goals for casting across speaking roles are 30% white men, 30% white women and non-binary people, 20% men from underrepresented races and ethnicities, 20% women and non-binary people from underrepresented races and ethnicities. Where we can have more people from underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, we will seek to do that... We also aspire to cast at least 10% of our roles with people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or gender non-conforming / non-binary; and 10% with people who self-identify as a person with a disability." 

Consider this in the context of movies like Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World.

Period pictures just can't get made with these rules.

• Like 1

Uncle Joe
47 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Consider this in the context of movies like Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World.

Period pictures just can't get made with these rules.

Challenge accepted
South Park Blames Kathleen Kennedy for 'Why Disney Movies Suck'

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Deranged Rhino
3 hours ago, Ann said:

(1) Non-white
(2) LGBTQ

Welcome to the last 5 years of my career which looked something like this: 

Bumping Into Things Ran Into Wall GIF - Bumping Into Things Ran Into Wall  Cant See - Discover & Share GIFs

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Over this:

It's not a good look, strangling KC's quarterback just before the Superbowl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 2/6/2024 at 3:45 PM, Ann said:

Today is an important day for me--I am filing a lawsuit against  @lucasfilm   &  @Disney

After my 20 years of building a career from scratch, and during the regime of former Disney CEO Bob Chapek, Lucasfilm made this statement on Twitter, terminating me from The Mandalorian: “Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm & there are no plans for her to be in the future. Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural & religious identities are abhorrent & unacceptable.”

Nothing could be further from the truth. The truth is I was being hunted down from everything I posted to every post I liked because I was not in line with the acceptable narrative of the time. My words were consistently twisted to demonize & dehumanize me as an alt right wing extremist. It was a bullying smear campaign aimed at silencing, destroying & making an example out of me. 

The thing is I never even used aggressive language. I shared thought provoking quotes, pictures, memes & occasionally I used my own words, not with aggression but with respect & the occasional comedy to keep the mood light in dark times.

Look with your own eyes at what I posted and ask yourself, for example, where did I compare Republicans to the Jewish people in the holocaust? I didn’t. Ask yourself why they were calling me a racist, was there any merit behind that or history of it whatsoever?  No. Look at why I was called a transphobe--for making droid noises from Star Wars? “Beep, bop, boop” was obviously directed to the online bullies and did not in any way denigrate transgender people. 

Were my questions about masks, lockdowns & forced vaccines ok to ask & push the subject into the light? Should we have been allowed to publicly discuss those topics at that time without being harassed or censored? Absolutely.

Hollywood says they support female representation & equal rights. Why then were my male co-stars permitted to speak without harassment & re-education courses or termination, but I was not afforded the same right to exercise my freedom of speech.

Artists do not sign away our rights as American citizens when we enter into employment. I have spoken to all my co-stars since I was fired & there is nothing but care and kind words between us. I respect their right to free speech & do not have to think the same on every issue to be their friends & work with them & I know they feel the same towards me.

A couple months ago 
@ElonMusk
 tweeted that if you had been fired from using the platform (X) for exercising your right to free speech, he would like to offer these people legal representation. Quite the noble offer, but never in my wildest dreams would I have thought anyone would take on my case against Lucasfilm/Disney.  Still, I did respond back “I think I qualify” & thousands of people agreed--but I did not expect anything. 

To my surprise, a few months ago I received an email from a lawyer who had been hired by X to look into my story & many others. Turns out after sending them as much information as I could gather these past few months, my now lawyers & X believe whole-heartedly in my case & are moving forward.

I would like to express my deepest gratitude & thank you to @ElonMusk   &  @X  for giving me an opportunity to bring my case to light.

As for me, I would love to pick up where I left off & continue my journey of creating & participating in story-telling, which is my utmost passion & everything I worked so hard for. It has been difficult to move forward with the lies & labels stuck on me, backed & encouraged by the most powerful entertainment company in the world.  I am grateful someone has come to my defense in such a powerful way & look forward to clearing my name. 

Thank you to all the people who have supported me & made your voices heard. I pray God blesses each & every one of you. 

With love,

Gina Carano

For inquiries contact:
CaranoLawsuit@schaerrjaffe.com

A strong female lead, backed by a rebel, taking on an evil empire.

Disney should embrace this.  It's their standard Star Wars plot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

A strong female lead, backed by a rebel, taking on an evil empire.

Disney should embrace this.  It's their standard Star Wars   plot.

• Facepalm 5
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

From what I’ve seen the role is based on an actual historical Irish female pirate, because of course.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

23 minutes ago, Hedge said:

From what I’ve seen the role is based on an actual historical Irish female pirate, because of course.

Well but everyone knows there are Black Irish as a result of Spaniards stranded there following the Spanish Armada. 

Oh wait, they're not really black are they?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Fansince88
20 hours ago, Hedge said:

From one of the Black tribes in Ireland right?

15 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

From one of the Black tribes in Ireland right?

I'm looking forward to the eventual East Coast Rap vs West Coast Rap vs Limerick Rap

• Popcorn 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

Moving this here from the SB commercial thread.

Because, after a little digging, I found that this movie isn't a remake.  Nosiree.  It's a reboot.

Who in their right mind thought TWISTER needed a &#%$ing REBOOT?????

I am going to hate-watch the shit out of this movie.  

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

32 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Moving this here from the SB commercial thread.

Because, after a little digging, I found that this movie isn't a remake.  Nosiree.  It's a reboot.

I am going to hate-watch the shit out of this movie.  

Twisters: Now With More Spin

Much like almost everything else that's put out on screen/over the airwaves.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

5 minutes ago, Hedge said:

They're just gonna add more Dewbacks and background Stormtroopers

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Hedge said:

Much like almost everything else that's put out on screen/over the airwaves.

They should have made a movie Twister, but made it a Chubby Checker bio-pic.

THAT I could get behind.  It's probably still suck, but at least it would be an original thought.

CarpetCrawler
48 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

They should have made a movie Twister, but made it a Chubby Checker bio-pic.

THAT I could get behind.  It's probably still suck, but at least it would be an original thought.

Or a haunted party game gone horribly wrong.