Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hollywoke -- A thread for Tinseltown's Tailspin into Televangelism

Deranged Rhino

4merper4mer
10 hours ago, devnull said:

Are you sure that's Mars and not Uranus?

I thought a nerd would know it’s Mars.

IDBillzFan
On 3/30/2024 at 7:59 AM, Uncle Joe said:

I have a hard time replacing Jeff Healy and Sam Elliot. But hey at least the new owner is a black female.

I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone thought it was a good idea to remake this movie. I'm guessing it's the whole UFC stuff.

We just watched the original for the first time, and, ummm, Patrick Swayze was actually better competing against Chris Farley for a spot on Chippendales.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
25 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone thought it was a good idea to remake this movie. I'm guessing it's the whole UFC stuff.

We just watched the original for the first time, and, ummm, Patrick Swayze was actually better competing against Chris Farley for a spot on Chippendales.

Crap Throwing Clavin
22 minutes ago, Ann said:

This woman :facepalm:

The follow-up question should have been "What did the President mean when he said 'We've got your back'?"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The follow-up question should have been "What did the President mean when he said 'We've got your back'?"

He didn't do that...

11.jpg.ba6f13de69282ff5f43a50449f10d0df.jpg

• clown 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Ann said:

Recalling how Trump was - and is - responsible for every damn thing that happens on the planet.

And Biden is responsible for...nothing?  Not even his own acts?  :facepalm:

• Like 1

IDBillzFan
48 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The actual follow up question should have been "Yes but this is the first time the President made a formal proclamation about it. Why did the president decide the first time to issue a formal proclamation -- something Barack Obama didn't even do -- was when it landed on Easter Sunday? That sounds intentional."

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

The actual follow up question should have been "Yes but this is the first time the President made a formal proclamation about it. Why did the president decide the first time to issue a formal proclamation -- something Barack Obama didn't even do -- was when it landed on Easter Sunday? That sounds intentional."

I honestly thing questioning the "we got your back" is more of a pointed question.  Easy to hand-wave around the question of the date - hell, they're already doing it.

Much harder to hand-wave away something as divisive as "we got your back."  "Got your back" against whom?  Right-wing homophobes?  Which all progressives know are Christians.  So..."got your back" against Christians on Easter?  Much, much, much harder to defend.

• Like 2

IDBillzFan
1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I honestly thing questioning the "we got your back" is more of a pointed question.  Easy to hand-wave around the question of the date - hell, they're already doing it.

Much harder to hand-wave away something as divisive as "we got your back."  "Got your back" against whom?  Right-wing homophobes?  Which all progressives know are Christians.  So..."got your back" against Christians on Easter?  Much, much, much harder to defend.

Good point. But apparently he doesn't know he did it, so it didn't happen.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Good point. But apparently he doesn't know he did it, so it didn't happen.

I can actually believe that.  Do you really think he makes these decisions and writes these statements himself?  He was probably busy putting his pants on backwards while someone else did all this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 minutes ago, devnull said:

Why didn't they declare the Trans Day of Visibility during Ramadan?

It IS during Ramadan.

They'd have rescheduled it, though, if Eid fell on March 31.  I don't just guarantee it, I quantum guarantee it.

RochesterRob
12 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It IS during Ramadan.

They'd have rescheduled it, though, if Eid fell on March 31.  I don't just guarantee it, I quantum guarantee it.

i think that dev meant while making an address in Mecca or Bagdad or Cairo or Tehran.  

🤣

Personally, I'm still waiting on the Zulu remake where Jennifer Lawrence gets the main role.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
34 minutes ago, Hedge said:

🤣

Personally, I'm still waiting on the Zulu remake where Jennifer Lawrence gets the main role.

This actually could work, given one of the main plot points of Romeo and Juliet is that the two of them are of different, conflicting worlds.

Kind-of like how casting Peter Dinklage as Cyrano de Bergerac was a great idea (just badly implemented as a shitty musical).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

devnull
3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

NYC should invite Bruce Willis and Tim Robbins to the opening

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, devnull said:

NYC should invite Bruce Willis and Tim Robbins to the opening

And Kurt Russell.  

220px-SnakePlissken.jpeg

• Like 2