Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hollywoke -- A thread for Tinseltown's Tailspin into Televangelism

Deranged Rhino

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Wait...25 prisoners per floor?  What are these, luxury suites?  

• Haha 2

IDBillzFan
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Wait...25 prisoners per floor?  What are these, luxury suites?  

Let's be honest. NY doesn't put criminals in prison. So when they say they don't have enough criminals to put in the prison, it will become a B&B for illegals, paid for by the fine people of NY.

• Like 1

4merper4mer
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

But Why GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

With a crossover cameo from Canada’s greatest/smartest crime fighter?

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

But Why GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Well that's efficient.  Now I can avoid both properties in half the time.

• Haha 4
  • Applause 1

• 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
8 hours ago, Ann said:

They are going to rescind his liberal card if he keeps it up.

I expect soon we'll see some people come out and accuse him of soliciting minors.

Because progressives simply "taking away his liberal card" won't be enough for them.

• Cheers 2

Deranged Rhino
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I expect soon we'll see some people come out and accuse him of soliciting minors.

Because progressives simply "taking away his liberal card" won't be enough for them.

They won't have to dig far. His production company was called Kid Love (until very recently) - and he's a single guy with no kids. 

Dude's got skeletons.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 2

SAD: 

Jerry Seinfeld Says the ‘Movie Business Is Over’ and ‘Film Doesn’t Occupy

the Pinnacle in the Cultural Hierarchy’ Anymore: ‘Disorientation Replaced’ It.

Jerry Seinfeld is finally a movie director with the upcoming premiere of his feature debut “Unfrosted.” Backed by Netflix, the star-studded comedy is a fictional account of the creation of Pop-Tarts toaster pastries. In a new interview with GQ magazine, Seinfeld reflected on his experience jumping into moviemaking for the first time so late in his career.

“It was totally new to me. I thought I had done some cool stuff, but it was nothing like the way these people work,” Seinfeld said. “They’re so dead serious! They don’t have any idea that the movie business is over. They have no idea.”

Asked to elaborate on a more serious note, Seinfeld continued: “Film doesn’t occupy the pinnacle in the social, cultural hierarchy that it did for most of our lives. When a movie came out, if it was good, we all went to see it. We all discussed it. We quoted lines and scenes we liked. Now we’re walking through a fire hose of water, just trying to see.”

So what, if anything, has replaced film? “Depression? Malaise? I would say confusion. Disorientation replaced the movie business,” he answered. “Everyone I know in show business, every day, is going, ‘What’s going on? How do you do this? What are we supposed to do now?’”

There’s no secret to good storytelling. Give audiences flawed but admirable heroes they can identify with, and then put them through hell on the way to victory.

It seems impossible that Hollywood can’t — or won’t — remember that simple lesson, but here we are.

• Like 6
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

SAD: 

Jerry Seinfeld Says the ‘Movie Business Is Over’ and ‘Film Doesn’t Occupy

the Pinnacle in the Cultural Hierarchy’ Anymore: ‘Disorientation Replaced’ It.

Jerry Seinfeld is finally a movie director with the upcoming premiere of his feature debut “Unfrosted.” Backed by Netflix, the star-studded comedy is a fictional account of the creation of Pop-Tarts toaster pastries. In a new interview with GQ magazine, Seinfeld reflected on his experience jumping into moviemaking for the first time so late in his career.

“It was totally new to me. I thought I had done some cool stuff, but it was nothing like the way these people work,” Seinfeld said. “They’re so dead serious! They don’t have any idea that the movie business is over. They have no idea.”

Asked to elaborate on a more serious note, Seinfeld continued: “Film doesn’t occupy the pinnacle in the social, cultural hierarchy that it did for most of our lives. When a movie came out, if it was good, we all went to see it. We all discussed it. We quoted lines and scenes we liked. Now we’re walking through a fire hose of water, just trying to see.”

So what, if anything, has replaced film? “Depression? Malaise? I would say confusion. Disorientation replaced the movie business,” he answered. “Everyone I know in show business, every day, is going, ‘What’s going on? How do you do this? What are we supposed to do now?’”

There’s no secret to good storytelling. Give audiences flawed but admirable heroes they can identify with, and then put them through hell on the way to victory.

It seems impossible that Hollywood can’t — or won’t — remember that simple lesson, but here we are.

It's not that difficult.  Solid, consistent plots.  Character development.  Bigfoot cloning conspiracies.  Attention to detail.  Immerse the viewer in a self-consistent world view.  

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin

Harvey Weinstein's conviction has been overturned by the NY Supreme Court.  :facepalm:

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Doh! 1
  • Cheers 2

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Harvey's NYS conviction overturned. 

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/harvey-weinstein-accusers-react-conviction-overturned-1235981941/

Under 45's DOJ, abusers of women and serial predators were exposed and convicted. Under Biden, those same abusers and predators are given kid-glove treatment. But I'm sure that's just a coincidence and not anything more... 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
44 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

DOJ really has nothing to do with this, though.  These were state charges, brought by (and overturned by) New York State. 

I'm mildly curious - not enough to check - who appointed these NY Supreme court judges.

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Practical Effects guys, gaffers, and sound department are always the most fun on set. 

Anyone who ever watched Adam Savage turn a full two-liter soda bottle on Jamie Hyneman's metal lathe probably figured that out.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Anyone who ever watched Adam Savage turn a full two-liter soda bottle on Jamie Hyneman's metal lathe probably figured that out.

I really miss that show.  I never heard what caused it to shut down, but enjoyed it's (long) run while it lasted.

Gavin in Va Beach
41 minutes ago, TtownBillsFan said:

I really miss that show.  I never heard what caused it to shut down, but enjoyed it's (long) run while it lasted.

Yeah I miss it too...

image.png.f892ed7468b4bc50ae56a85840da2788.png

• Applause 2