Top Posters In This Topic

• Deranged Rhino

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Nouseforaname

• Foxx

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"With us?"  We're not that important.

Only thing I can guarantee about these "Z" markings is that all the speculation I'm seeing is wrong.  This is simply one of those "We don't know what we don't know" things.

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

"With us?"  We're not that important.

Only thing I can guarantee about these "Z" markings is that all the speculation I'm seeing is wrong.  This is simply one of those "We don't know what we don't know" things.

I think she was trying to make a joke about Q but it didn't land :classic_laugh: 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

This is simply one of those "We don't know what we don't know" things.

And here I was hoping that you were going to be able to tell us what the heck these are.

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Hedge said:

And here I was hoping that you were going to be able to tell us what the heck these are.

Can't even really tell you if their tactical markings or not.  They're different sizes, so they don't make sense for IFF markings.  The "Z" isn't a Cyrillic letter, so has no meaning in Russian that I know of.  For all I know, it could be some obscure cultural thing, like American police putting "Punisher" logos on their equipment.  

What is interesting, though, is that the vehicle in the lower-right picture has its unit number whited out.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
44 minutes ago, devnull said:

red-dawn-wolverines-gif-6.gif

As contrived a plot as it is, and as clunky the writing is, there's some elements of it that are surprisingly accurate.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

As contrived a plot as it is, and as clunky the writing is, there's some elements of it that are surprisingly accurate.  

And it's just a fun movie

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

They didn't just make up the intelligence, did they? Why would NATO not have been briefed?

Intel isn't freely exchanged anyway, due to the risk of disclosing means and sources with it.  Europe isn't sharing their high-level intel with us either.

In fact, that it wasn't shared is a decent indicator of how good the intel was.  If, for example, the USIC has first-hand personal sources in the Kremlin's command hierarchy, they'd be very reluctant to disclose the intel itself.  Likewise, when MI6 and GHCQ were coming to different conclusions a week ago, they likely had different sources they weren't disclosing.  

And there's also the simple point that this administration is a bunch of clowns.  They expect people to just "do what we tell you," and dismiss anyone who doesn't as opposition.  They can't imagine having to convince anyone of anything.

• Cheers 4