• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deranged Rhino

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Nouseforaname

• Foxx

32 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Putin’s people know how to meme better than Biden’s. The meme war continues ...

MY GOD THATS FANTASTIC.  I did like the Russian diplomat, who asked if she could be given the "invasion schedule" so she can cancel her vacation plans. 

All this bears the question...could a "Western Freakout" be Putin's end game? Becuase if it is....its working. Well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, RkFast said:

All this bears the question...could a "Western Freakout" be Putin's end game? Becuase if it is....its working. Well. 

More "fragmenting and discrediting NATO."

Whether by invasion or pants-wetting.  Either works for him.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(haven't read yet, stashing because it sounds interesting)

It's not, really.

"A U.S. service member assigned to the U.S. Embassy Kiev [sic; also spelled Kyiv] experienced a non-injury medical condition requiring immediate care. The service member was transported by ground from Lviv to the Polish border where a U.S. Army MEDEVAC helicopter transported the service member to a local medical facility for treatment

Probably a cloning issue.  Still an adrenochrome shortage out there.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

It's not, really.

Every time anyone named Vladimir or Svetlana does as much as fart, a million twitter posts go up trying to interpret what it means and how it points to something bad happening. 

Im not at all going to discount all the activies going on, but this sort of thing, even from people who are "experts", is getting to be a bit much. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
48 minutes ago, RkFast said:

Every time anyone named Vladimir or Svetlana does as much as fart, a million twitter posts go up trying to interpret what it means and how it points to something bad happening. 

Im not at all going to discount all the activies going on, but this sort of thing, even from people who are "experts", is getting to be a bit much. 

It is tiresome.  

Mostly, what people say is irrelevant.  No stated policy position leading up to a war is going to be necessarily true or accurate.  And mostly, how people interpret "objective" evidence is garbage.  Like I said above: Russian video of tanks moving from point A to point B isn't evidence of withdrawal.  It's evidence of tanks moving from point A to point B.

• Cheers 2

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

It's not, really.

Related (?)

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

This is a bad sign.  Don't start bridging obstacles until you're ready to go.

Also at the southern border of the Chernobyl radiological reserve - they had to move bridging engineers and equipment through the radiation zone to do this.

Photoanalysis is a highly specialized skill, not any schmuck can look at photo and know what's going on.  Doesn't stop me from doing it anyway.  :classic_biggrin:  I've looked at enough recon footage from WWII to know what I don't know, at least.  Anyway...

FLv6tawXwAI4tpX?format=jpg&name=4096x409

This is a great hi-res image of the bridge.  Couple of things:

1) It's a ribbon bridge, not a "pontoon bridge," as has been reported.

2) Note on the left bank (right side), just downstream of the bridge, there's a bridge section nestled against the bank.  That gives you an idea of how many bridge sections are in the bridge - about eight.

3) Note there's five boats holding the bridge in place against the current (flowing top to bottom).  The three left-most look like military-grade river ferries.  Other two look like patrol boats.  Between the bridge sections and ferries, that's...call it at least 12 heavy trucks carrying that equipment, plus personnel.  That's about a battalion's worth of personnel and equipment. 

4) Also explains all the tracks on both banks: vehicles driving up to the water, releasing bridge sections which were then pushed in to place.

5) Between the size of the bridge and the tracks...that bridge is a big investment of time and effort.

6) On the left bank, there's one engineering vehicle (judging by the shadow, it has some sort of vertical frame) immediately east of the bridge.  Another vehicle northeast of there, indeterminate type.  What might be a third on the opposite bank, just upstream of the bridge (can't tell if it's a vehicle, trash, or trees.  Like I said, this is a specialized skill.)

7) So three vehicles there, after a battalion's worth of effort.  Where'd everybody go?  That's...kinda scary.  They put the bridge up, and went elsewhere, without recovering it?  That's not particularly normal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Photoanalysis is a highly specialized skill, not any schmuck can look at photo and know what's going on.  Doesn't stop me from doing it anyway.  :classic_biggrin:  I've looked at enough recon footage from WWII to know what I don't know, at least.  Anyway...

2) Note on the left bank (right side), just downstream of the bridge, there's a bridge section nestled against the bank.  That gives you an idea of how many bridge sections are in the bridge - about eight.

3) Note there's five boats holding the bridge in place against the current (flowing top to bottom).  The three left-most look like military-grade river ferries.  Other two look like patrol boats.  Between the bridge sections and ferries, that's...call it at least 12 heavy trucks carrying that equipment, plus personnel.  That's about a battalion's worth of personnel and equipment. 

4) Also explains all the tracks on both banks: vehicles driving up to the water, releasing bridge sections which were then pushed in to place.

5) Between the size of the bridge and the tracks...that bridge is a big investment of time and effort.

6) On the left bank, there's one engineering vehicle (judging by the shadow, it has some sort of vertical frame) immediately east of the bridge.  Another vehicle northeast of there, indeterminate type.  What might be a third on the opposite bank, just upstream of the bridge (can't tell if it's a vehicle, trash, or trees.  Like I said, this is a specialized skill.)

7) So three vehicles there, after a battalion's worth of effort.  Where'd everybody go?  That's...kinda scary.  They put the bridge up, and went elsewhere, without recovering it?  That's not particularly normal.

To the bold. As someone that has zero military experience what is the significance of the two types of bridges? Do they tell us anything about the situation? Heavier usage? Faster install? 

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

To the bold. As someone that has zero military experience what is the significance of the two types of bridges? Do they tell us anything about the situation? Heavier usage? Faster install? 

Not much.  Mostly, I'm just showing off, and poking a stick in the eye of the "experts" who misreported it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Not much.  Mostly, I'm just showing off, and poking a stick in the eye of the "experts" who misreported it.

Darn you! I was hoping for an education. I shall investigate! That said, brings me back. Great movie!

Oddball : [looking at aerial pics of the a remaining bridge]  Beautiful.

Moriarty : suppose the bridge ain't there?

Oddball : [groans]  Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning. Think the bridge will be there and it will be there. It's a mother, beautiful bridge, and it's gonna be there. Ok?

Oddball : [Later: Oddball is looking through binoculars at the bridge]  Still up!

Oddball : [planes fly and bomb the bridge]  ... No it ain't. See what sending out them negative waves did, Moriarty?

Moriarty : That ain't my fault, Oddball, I've done nothing but have good thoughts about that damn bridge ever since we left!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Jabba The Hutt
17 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

It's not, really.

You took too much man, too much, too much.:shtf:

12 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

10 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I got some photos you can analyze that will have you "poking a stick" in somebody's eye:classic_love:

10 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Darn you! I was hoping for an education. I shall investigate! That said, brings me back. Great movie!

Oddball : [looking at aerial pics of the a remaining bridge]  Beautiful.

Moriarty : suppose the bridge ain't there?

Oddball : [groans]  Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning. Think the bridge will be there and it will be there. It's a mother, beautiful bridge, and it's gonna be there. Ok?

Oddball : [Later: Oddball is looking through binoculars at the bridge]  Still up!

Oddball : [planes fly and bomb the bridge]  ... No it ain't. See what sending out them negative waves did, Moriarty?

Moriarty : That ain't my fault, Oddball, I've done nothing but have good thoughts about that damn bridge ever since we left!

OUTSTANDING. Im more of a 1941 man, myself when it comes to war parodies. This scene fits the current situation fairly well...

Edited by RkFast
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

https://mkam-business--gazeta-ru.translate.goog/news/540066?_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Translated:

The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) issued a statement following the US transmission of the response. Main theses:

• The US "twisted" Russia's proposals on security guarantees in the direction of creating advantages for Washington and its allies, ignored the package nature of the proposals, choosing topics convenient for itself;

• Our response stressed the unacceptability of demands to withdraw troops from certain areas in Russia;

• De-escalation around Ukraine requires Kiev's implementation of the Minsk agreements, the cessation of arms supplies to Ukraine and the withdrawal of those already supplied, the withdrawal of all Western advisers and instructors, NATO's refusal to exercise with Ukraine;

• Russia responds by insisting on the withdrawal of all US forces and weapons from Central and Eastern Europe and the Baltics;

The Russian Federation expects concrete proposals from the US and NATO on the content and forms of the alliance's legal refusal to expand to the east;

• Arms control issues cannot be considered in isolation from other safeguards topics.

Recall that at the end of January, the United States and NATO handed over to Russia in writing their responses to proposals on security guarantees. They called on Moscow to return to disclosing information about the deployment of its forces, as well as the withdrawal of peacekeepers from Crimea, Transnistria, South Ossetia and Abkhazia.

Emphasis mine.  Those aren't happening.

This reads like an ultimatum.

• Like 1