Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Russia Russia Russia

RkFast

Crap Throwing Clavin

The US has ordered officials at the US Embassy in Kiev to start destroying communications and encryption equipment.

Reports are that Russian military forces are moving from their assembly areas to their jump-off positions.

• Like 2

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deranged Rhino

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Nouseforaname

• Foxx

Deranged Rhino
12 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

The US has ordered officials at the US Embassy in Kiev to start destroying communications and encryption equipment.

Reports are that Russian military forces are moving from their assembly areas to their jump-off positions.

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

The closer you get to the time of an offensive, the more specific your intel becomes.

Very true. 

It just sounds weird to hear them broadcasting intel like that as a fait accompli. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Very true. 

It just sounds weird to hear them broadcasting intel like that as a fait accompli. 

It's the only pressure they can bring to bear on Putin.

And it's not very good pressure.  There's virtually nothing anyone can do to stop Russia at this point.  Putin's going to do whatever he wants.  But it's still the only pressure they can bring to bear.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Numbers stations brings me back to LOST

That's not how they transmit coded messages these days.  Too easy to jam.  

They'd use burst transmitters and receivers.  Or just use tor or encrypted email.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Is that translation error?  That's not "irony."

Sure, probably a differentiation in understandings of language nuances. From the context, I assume he meant that he was being facetious. But again, grain of salt and all that.

I will simply be quite surprised if Russia actually attacks. If they do, I would have to give a bit more credence to thought patterns that suggest that they are part and parcel to the current world stage positioning's and the desperate need for distractions.

• Cheers 1
  • Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Salt required (no way to authenticate when/where this was filmed)

Self-propelled 152mm howitzer, and what looks like two ammo carriers.  

Not vehicles that generally go motoring around in public, wherever.

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Sure, probably a differentiation in understandings of language nuances. From the context, I assume he meant that he was being facetious. But again, grain of salt and all that.

I will simply be quite surprised if Russia actually attacks. If they do, I would have to give a bit more credence to thought patterns that suggest that they are part and parcel to the current world stage positioning's and the desperate need for distractions.

I'd like to be surprised, but 1) they've done it before, and 2) there is a hell of a lot of shit on the move just for intimidation.  Putin would lose a lot of credibility if he just cried "Psyche!" and went home.  

He's just about at the point now where the US was in 2003 when Saddam offered to step down and go into exile, about 48 hours before the invasion, and we just couldn't accept.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

Reports are that 8+ Russian ships have left Sevastopol today, including 4 amphibious landing ships.  

And a reminder, with all these reports of deployments, movements, and troop readiness: these are also consistent with the exercises Russia has had planned. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I'd like to be surprised, but 1) they've done it before, and 2) there is a hell of a lot of shit on the move just for intimidation.  Putin would lose a lot of credibility if he just cried "Psyche!" and went home.  

He's just about at the point now where the US was in 2003 when Saddam offered to step down and go into exile, about 48 hours before the invasion, and we just couldn't accept.

Well, if you subscribe to the frozen ground theory, it might be just a tad too warm this week.

28 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I'd be very surprised, too.  I think (to put it crudely, because peoples lives are on the line) Putin's bluff got called and he's got to go in or lose credibility.  I don't think this is the position he wants to be in -- even though he put himself here.

I don't think he's coordinated with the "world stage".  He like to exploit that stuff to his advantage.

Edited by snafu
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Reports are that 8+ Russian ships have left Sevastopol today, including 4 amphibious landing ships.  

And a reminder, with all these reports of deployments, movements, and troop readiness: these are also consistent with the exercises Russia has had planned. 

That's really Putin's only "out".

Have gigantic military exercises and call it a day.  I have diminishing hopes for that.