Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Russia Russia Russia

RkFast

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Reported skirmishes in eastern Ukraine within the Luhansk region. Though the article states these have been common place throughout the eight-year ceasefire, could be something more?

Around the separatist regions, they average about 3 incidents a day, usually small-arms incidents.

Last night, that increased ten-fold, and included field artillery.  Ukrainian sources say the shelling has stopped since...but it's a clear escalation nonetheless.

• Cheers 4

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deranged Rhino

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Nouseforaname

• Foxx

Crap Throwing Clavin

So...Russia expelled the US Deputy Ambassador last night?  No reason or provocation given?  And this isn't being talked about?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I posted this yesterday morning, calling it "an excuse."

And ceasefire violations increased ten-fold overnight.

Russia making the case for invasion at the UN right now.

Russian Deputy Foreign Minister at UNSC: The Ukrainian army is using prohibited methods in eastern Ukraine

From a tweet...but Twitter seems &#%$ed up right now, so couldn't link it.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

From a tweet...but Twitter seems &#%$ed up right now, so couldn't link it.

Same issue here. What is interesting though is, if you paste a Tweet url here, it will embed and show the tweet.

Crap Throwing Clavin
46 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Same issue here. What is interesting though is, if you paste a Tweet url here, it will embed and show the tweet.

I would not be surprised to find out that Russia was hacking Twitter to interfere with the Ukraine and West's ability to put out statements.

Deranged Rhino

*Aaron and I don't agree on a number of things, especially on issues of national security, but he's always worth a read imo.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

On 2/10/2022 at 7:31 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

This is what the above two posts look like in "arrows on a map" form.  Yeah, there's a big gap on the middle Dneiper where nothing's going on...but there's nothing critical in that region.  This traps most Ukrainian forces on the left bank of the Dneiper, and completely secures the Black Sea.  

And this controls the Black Sea because Obama was gave Russia tacit control over Syria and pushed Turkey into closer ties with Russia...so now Russia has a presence in the Bosporus.

FLJ5Bx7XEAQaz4z.jpg

Not bad, if I do say so myself.

Though MOD is wrong.  There's no way a force advances along the Azov coast on that Mauripol axis, then does a ninety degree turn north.  

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

• Russia responds by insisting on the withdrawal of all US forces and weapons from Central and Eastern Europe and the Baltics;

That part sounds like a pretext to threaten Baltic states the same way they're doing Ukraine.

Belarus is really in the thick of it all, geographically.

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, Hedge said:

I'm not sure how often this gets updated (or who updates it), but this map shows areas of conflict along the front:

https://ukrstream.tv/en/liveuamap

They're restreaming the original: https://liveuamap.com/

Original's a little quicker for me.  It's just an aggregation site, mostly for tweets.  It does have the nice feature that it aggregates "Russian Twitter," so there's extra info you don't get on Twitter.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 4