Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Russia Russia Russia

RkFast

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Remember, pointing out that this vegetable is incapable of the statesmanship needed to win a game of brinkmanship with Putin, thus putting the entire world at risk of nuclear annihilation is somehow verboten.

When it comes to statesmanship, he's a both less self-aware and more boneheaded Trump. 

Which is unbelievable.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deranged Rhino

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Nouseforaname

• Foxx

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Remember, pointing out that this vegetable is incapable of the statesmanship needed to win a game of brinkmanship with Putin, thus putting the entire world at risk of nuclear annihilation is somehow verboten.

And all the people eagerly lapping up the neocon/neolib messaging on this war still won't answer the question that's been posed to them many times in this thread. They won't address whether or not they feel Biden is corrupt and / or inept. 

Because they know there's only one accurate answer to that question. And if they give it, their entire position crumbles under the weight of its own absurdity.  

I rarely address questions that are irrelevant to the discussion at hand. 

I assume everyone who reaches the highest level of government is corrupt to varying degrees.  Biden is no exception.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

I assume everyone who reaches the highest level of government is corrupt to varying degrees.  Biden is no exception.  

Sadly, I agree with this. 

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I rarely address questions that are irrelevant to the discussion at hand. 

How is the capability and trustworthiness of the people in charge of leading the response to this crisis irrelevant? 

If we can’t trust them to be honest, or if not that at least competent, why are we expected to blindly follow them down a path that potentially leads to the end of all life on Earth? 

The capabilities and agenda of the current administration are fundamental to the entire conversation. If we can’t trust them, because they are provenly corrupt on exactly this issue, why should we follow them when the stakes are a possible nuclear holocaust? Our role as American citizens is not to hold Russia’s government accountable - but our own. The conversation starts there. 

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Sadly, I agree with this. 

As do I - which is why ignoring its role in this equation is like trying to map the stars while your head is buried in the sand. 

• Cheers 3

Deranged Rhino

Again - this was the state of play before the invasion even started. Ukraine was never getting Crimea back, not without a major war that no one has the stomach for. And the east historically tilted Russian for generations. It was only a matter of time.

The West knew this then, and now, and yet lies about it daily.

So, we've spent close to $100 billion, encouraged thousands to give their lives for a cause even Biden and his team know is futile, all because the Biden administration (and many on both sides of the aisle in congress) got their beaks wet illegally in the Ukrainian energy sector and want to keep that quiet and profitable if possible. 

Gee. 

If only someone could have seen this coming. 

Wait, many did. And were called Putin supporters for pointing out the West had motives that stretched far beyond "keeping Ukraine free". 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Wait, many did. And were called Putin supporters for pointing out the West had motives that stretched far beyond "keeping Ukraine free". 

Why do you enjoy slaughtering younglings at the Jedi temple?

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
36 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Except the text apparently says that an officer may use deadly force in the absence of other options to stop a criminal act.

Don't know which is true.  I do know I'm not trusting random people on Twitter to accurately represent text I can't read.  Particularly how often I see non-random people misrepresent text I can read.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

According to Google Lens, this is the translation. Not sure why it wouldn't do the entire text but there is enough to get an understanding of what it says.

to the draft Law of Ukraine on Amendments to Article 22-1 of the Statute of the Internal Service of the Armed Forces of Ukraine to ensure the possibility of cessation of criminal offenses in a special period
The content of the provisions (norms) of the current act
The content of the provisions (norms) of the proposed act
Statute of the Internal Service of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, approved by the Law of Ukraine "On the Statute of the Internal Service of the Armed Forces of Ukraine" (Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy. 1999, N 22-23, p. 194; 2015, № 13, p. 92; 2020; 2020 p., № 3, p. 24):
22-1. Commander (chief) in a special period, including martial law or combat situation, in order to detain a serviceman who commits an act that falls under the sign of a criminal offense related to disobedience, resistance or threat to the chief, violence. by arbitrarily leaving the fighting positions of certain places of deployment of military units (subdivisions) in areas of combat missions, the masses have the right to personally apply physical measures without harming the health of servicemen and special means sufficient to stop illegal actions.
in a combat situation, the commander (chief) may use a weapon or give subordinates an order to use it, unless otherwise known at the same time-death s koluboe
22-1. Commander (chief) in the conditions of a special period, including in the conditions of martial law or combat situation, in order to detain a serviceman who commits an act that falls under the sign of a criminal offense. associated 3 disobedience. resistance or threat to the boss, use and violence. Unauthorized abandonment of combat positions and designated places of deployment of military units (units) in the performance of combat missions, has the right to personally apply measures of physical influence without harm to the health of servicemen and special means sufficient to stop illegal actions
In a combat situation, the commander (chief) may use a weapon or give orders to subordinates to use it, if otherwise it is impossible to stop the criminal offense, the device can not stop the criminal offense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It was always a robbery in plain sight. 

Is there still any doubt? 

Well, Soros in his opening statement in Davos called for the destruction of Russia. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
52 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Well, Soros in his opening statement in Davos called for the destruction of Russia. 

Soros made his fortune taking on the Bank of England and winning, tanking the pound.

If he wanted to destroy Russia, he'd be trying to devalue the ruble and forcing Moscow to support it.

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino

Can't have people figuring out the US overthrew a democratically elected government in Ukraine because it was more loyal to Moscow than Brussels... 

When people say there might not be any good guys in this situation, other than the innocents caught in the crossfire, they're right. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

The US hegemony is teetering as it is. Keep threatening and pushing away other nations at a time when the world sees that they can be canceled by the US and see what it gets you.

the unipolar world is dissolving...

It all starts with Obama abrogating any sense of a foreign policy and letting Russia in to Syria.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

It all starts with Obama abrogating any sense of a foreign policy and letting Russia in to Syria.

It's almost like it's by design.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

It's almost like it's by design.

Obama's Syria policy seemed organized to you?