Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Russia Russia Russia

RkFast

On 5/23/2022 at 7:46 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

How is the capability and trustworthiness of the people in charge of leading the response to this crisis irrelevant? 

If we can’t trust them to be honest, or if not that at least competent, why are we expected to blindly follow them down a path that potentially leads to the end of all life on Earth? 

The capabilities and agenda of the current administration are fundamental to the entire conversation. If we can’t trust them, because they are provenly corrupt on exactly this issue, why should we follow them when the stakes are a possible nuclear holocaust? Our role as American citizens is not to hold Russia’s government accountable - but our own. The conversation starts there. 

As do I - which is why ignoring its role in this equation is like trying to map the stars while your head is buried in the sand. 

Its irrelevant because your argument was that 90% of the aid to Ukraine will be misappropriated due to Ukrainian corruption as evidenced by Iraq and Afghanistan. 

Shifting the entire conversation to my thoughts on the Biden admin and then accusing me of dodging your "real content" when I don't follow everyone of your tangents is shitty and dishonest.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deranged Rhino

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Nouseforaname

• Foxx

Deranged Rhino
13 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Its irrelevant because your argument was that 90% of the aid to Ukraine will be misappropriated due to Ukrainian corruption as evidenced by Iraq and Afghanistan. 

I never said 90% - but again, you want to continue to dodge the issue rather than address it. 

What was said was that misappropriation was inevitable and part of the plan - based on their past performances. This is an undeniable fact - which is why you're moving the goal posts and running for cover when the real meat of the conversation is brought up. 

13 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Shifting the entire conversation to my thoughts on the Biden admin and then accusing me of dodging your "real content" when I don't follow everyone of your tangents is shitty and dishonest.

It's not shifting the conversation - that's where the conversation began

But calling me dishonest is easier on your cognitive dissonance than admitting the fact that Biden is corrupt and / or incapable of leading us through a crisis with nuclear stakes. 

Deranged Rhino

Remember - the same people who sent close to 100b in weapons to help Ukrainians fight off the Russian army believes that Americans don't need guns because fighting back against a government with tanks, planes, and bombs is futile.

"But that's different!"

Nope. It isn't. 

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
29 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Because... shut up, will ya!

One was an illegal election while under occupation, the other wasn't.  

That article's full of ahistorical claptrap.

• Cheers 1

IDBillzFan
2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Remember - the same people who sent close to 100b in weapons to help Ukrainians fight off the Russian army believes that Americans don't need guns because fighting back against a government with tanks, planes, and bombs is futile.

"But that's different!"

Nope. It isn't. 

It's right up there with the whole idea that if you ban abortions, women will only have illegal abortions, but if you ban guns, the bad guys will never get a gun.

Once again, I couldn't be a liberal if for no other reason than a primary requirement is that you're stupid as shit.

• Like 2

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

One was an illegal election while under occupation, the other wasn't.  

That article's full of ahistorical claptrap.

Never stops him from posting it though does it ?

• Haha 2

Deranged Rhino
4 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Heaven forbid there’s a conversation where people with more experience in certain matters me can chime in. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Nouseforaname
25 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Heaven forbid there’s a conversation where people with more experience in certain matters me can chime in. 

Yeah that’s what this is called 😂😂😂

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

He posts shit I disagree with.  He knows it.  I post shit he disagrees with.  I know it.

It's not Thunderdome.  It's a discussion board.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

MLRS is not a "long-range rocket system."  Unless it's outfitted with ATACMS.

Not even Biden's stupid enough to send ATACMS.  Although it's stupid enough to send MLRS alone...it's not really that sort of high-intensity conflict.  Regular ol' tube artillery would be much more sensible.

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
30 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Remember, no one in the west profits from war. 

If you follow the sourcing down the rabbit hole, this story is the source of one guy who running his own "think tank" with funding from OnlyFans or something.  His "analysis" is so shallow, he's probably in his mom's basement trying to roll a 3.5 on a die.  

• Haha 1

Though the deadline was today, last week Russia wired $71.25 million for a dollar-denominated bond and 26.5 million euros for euro-denominated notes.

Now we wait and see what GUS does and whether or not they reject payment. If so, it would be the first time in history that geopolitics was the determining factor and not an actual inability to pay.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I can also tell, from looking at some of those chips, that some of them are pretty simple sorts of old, unsophisticated sorts of logic gates (sort of shit I used to play with in electronics lab in college).

The story mentions ITAR...but it's not at all clear that those chips represent ITAR violations.

If they do, though...reminder: Clinton State Department, Skolkovo. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I can also tell, from looking at some of those chips, that some of them are pretty simple sorts of old, unsophisticated sorts of logic gates (sort of shit I used to play with in electronics lab in college).

The story mentions ITAR...but it's not at all clear that those chips represent ITAR violations.

If they do, though...reminder: Clinton State Department, Skolkovo. 

Yup. It's just an interesting glimpse into a bunch of different vectors - from Chinese IP theft, to the way the US Defense Industry always seems to have its stuff end up in our enemy's arsenals... Which is why (to me) giving billions of dollars and weapons out willy-nilly is never a good idea if you value global stability and security. See: the billions of dollars in equipment left behind in Afghanistan now in the hands of our enemy. 

But I'm sure it'll be different in Ukraine because... well, just because. 

• Like 1