Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Flores Suing NFL and NYG; Charges Racism

IDBillzFan

At this point it is a pretty big if:

Dolphins' Stephen Ross could lose team by owner vote if NFL investigation into tanking allegations proven true

</snip>

Sources informed of the league's investigation say the probe has only just begun, and investigators plan to speak with all relevant parties -- including Flores -- as soon as possible. It's clear the league takes the possibility of tanking extremely seriously -- seeing it as a threat to the integrity of the game -- with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell saying last Wednesday during his pre-Super Bowl LVI news conference that "if there were violations, they won't be tolerated."

Case in point: If the league investigation finds Ross offered Flores $100,000 for each loss during the 2019 NFL season, as Flores alleges, the discipline could be severe, up to and including Ross losing the team by a vote of fellow owners, per sources. Goodell addressed the concept of an owner being voted out last Wednesday, noting that "I do believe that clubs do have the authority to remove an owner from the league."

A league source confirmed that owners could, in fact, vote a fellow owner out under the most dire circumstances based on league rules, which would require a three-fourths vote.

</snip>

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Ann said:

At this point it is a pretty big if:

Dolphins' Stephen Ross could lose team by owner vote if NFL investigation into tanking allegations proven true

</snip>

Sources informed of the league's investigation say the probe has only just begun, and investigators plan to speak with all relevant parties -- including Flores -- as soon as possible. It's clear the league takes the possibility of tanking extremely seriously -- seeing it as a threat to the integrity of the game -- with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell saying last Wednesday during his pre-Super Bowl LVI news conference that "if there were violations, they won't be tolerated."

Case in point: If the league investigation finds Ross offered Flores $100,000 for each loss during the 2019 NFL season, as Flores alleges, the discipline could be severe, up to and including Ross losing the team by a vote of fellow owners, per sources. Goodell addressed the concept of an owner being voted out last Wednesday, noting that "I do believe that clubs do have the authority to remove an owner from the league."

A league source confirmed that owners could, in fact, vote a fellow owner out under the most dire circumstances based on league rules, which would require a three-fourths vote.

</snip>

a whole lot of posturing to appease the media.

they've all played the game to maximize draft position 

no way 75% of the owners vote to open that can of worms 

Curtis  Painter - anyone

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Holy shit. If you told me that Flores hired Lynch, I'd say the NFL was a dead man walking because you don't spent that much time next to Obama and not walk away an expert in playing the victim.

But she's representing the NFL?

Damn, I guess everyone has a price.

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Holy shit. If you told me that Flores hired Lynch, I'd say the NFL was a dead man walking because you don't spent that much time next to Obama and not walk away an expert in playing the victim.

But she's representing the NFL?

Damn, I guess everyone has a price.

Deadspin: Lorretta Lynch, by representing the NFL, is a victim of systemic racism.

These &#%$ing people...  :classic_laugh:

• Angry 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • O Rly 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Deadspin: Lorretta Lynch, by representing the NFL, is a victim of systemic racism.

Forgive this new, yet overused cliché, but tell me you don't know who Loretta Lynch is without telling me you don't know who Loretta Lynch is.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

According to Deadspin getting a black person to defend you against racism means you’ve hit rock bottom. Fine. The next time I’m accused of racism I’ll get a Klan member to defend me. That should make them happy. 

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

Tweet image:

nda.thumb.jpg.b697434bbd861152208d288ae3ea27da.jpg

NDAs are one of the few things you can google and not find are a "legacy of racism."

I'd bet in 72 hours, they will be, like tipping and picnics.

On 2/23/2022 at 9:56 AM, Ann said:

That's what NDAs do... gag you in exchange for money. Flores attorney knows this, probably writes them up for clients, and now is acting horrified.

But, why would the Dolphins deny it? NDAs are as common as flies.

Flores is very specific that Ross (personally) sat down with him to get him to sign the NDA.

He needs to poison public opinion against Ross (even if untrue) for being a racist & cheater

Dolphins are adamant that Ross was not personally involved.

why would he be?

the language is already in the contract Flores signed 3 years ago.

The Dolphins do not claim there is no NDA.  

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 2

Arm of Harm
2 hours ago, Ann said:

Is there something “wrong” with the number of black head coaches being hired?

IIRC, blacks make up about 13% of the population. For them to be proportionately represented in the NFL, that’s about 3 - 4 black head coaches. Right now black head coaches are Tomlin and Love. All that would be needed to get into that 3 - 4 range would be for someone to hire Leslie Frazier! 

However, there has never to my knowledge been an Asian head coach. There has never been an Indian head coach. There are currently no Latino head coaches that I’m aware of. I’d be curious to know how upset Troy Vincent is by those data, and whether the Wednesday meeting about “diversity hiring” will include pressure to hire more Asians, Indians, and Latinos. 

37 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

Is there something “wrong” with the number of black head coaches being hired?

IIRC, blacks make up about 13% of the population. For them to be proportionately represented in the NFL, that’s about 3 - 4 black head coaches. Right now black head coaches are Tomlin and Love. All that would be needed to get into that 3 - 4 range would be for someone to hire Leslie Frazier! 

However, there has never to my knowledge been an Asian head coach. There has never been an Indian head coach. There are currently no Latino head coaches that I’m aware of. I’d be curious to know how upset Troy Vincent is by those data, and whether the Wednesday meeting about “diversity hiring” will include pressure to hire more Asians, Indians, and Latinos. 

I believe Tom Flores (ex Raiders coach) is of hispanic heritage.

Arm of Harm
59 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I believe Tom Flores (ex Raiders coach) is of hispanic heritage.

You are correct: Tom Flores is both Latino and a former head coach. I asserted that there had never been an Asian head coach. Asian, as in Chinese, Japanese, or Korean. Flores is not Asian. I also asserted that there were no current Latino head coaches in the NFL. As Flores is an ex-head coach, he does not count as current. 🙂

Given that Latinos are a larger percent of the population than blacks, Troy Vincent should be more concerned with the lack of Latino head coaches than he is with the fact that one additional black head coach (Frazier) needs to be hired, for blacks to have the same representation in head coaching ranks as they do in the general population. 

2 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

You are correct: Tom Flores is both Latino and a former head coach. I asserted that there had never been an Asian head coach. Asian, as in Chinese, Japanese, or Korean. Flores is not Asian. I also asserted that there were no current Latino head coaches in the NFL. As Flores is an ex-head coach, he does not count as current. 🙂

Given that Latinos are a larger percent of the population than blacks, Troy Vincent should be more concerned with the lack of Latino head coaches than he is with the fact that one additional black head coach (Frazier) needs to be hired, for blacks to have the same representation in head coaching ranks as they do in the general population. 

Ron Rivera still coaching?

3 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

There is only one minority group that matters, sad but true.  It wasn't too long ago that people got positions based off  merit, those days seem to be a thing of the past, unfortunately.

No one in their right mind is hiring Frazier, though I'd love to be proven wrong.  McD could "encourage" Frazier to retire, but that won't happen as McD is loyal to a fault.