Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Flores Suing NFL and NYG; Charges Racism

IDBillzFan

Arm of Harm
6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's all a bunch of Mularkey. Literally.

Prior to the passage of the Rooney Rule, there were times when teams had decided on a candidate before going through the hiring process. It’s not as though that tendency is going to vanish just because of misguided racial activism. 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Ann said:

Honestly?  What do people expect? The Rooney rule is a box to be checked, but people CAN impress and get hired where they might not have had the opportunity without the rule. On the other hand, you cannot make an owner hire someone based on skin color or ethnicity. 

THIS IS THE EXPECTATION. NO THE DEMAND!!!

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, B-Man said:

What Mike Mularkey said about Titans and Rooney Rule should worry NFL

https://sports.yahoo.com/what-mike-mularkey-said-about-the-titans-and-the-rooney-rule-should-worry-the-nfl-032339002.html

It's really as simple as "Anyone who wasn't hired, in favor of Mike Mularkey, has every right to be pissed."

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

It's really as simple as "Anyone who wasn't hired, in favor of Mike Mularkey, has every right to be pissed."

even Hue Jackson?

gotta start early

can't wait for this plank to be added to the CRT platform being taught in elementary school 

https://www.outkick.com/nfl-sets-meetings-between-owners-and-diversity-coach-gm-talent-white-guys-not-invited/

The league last week sent out a memo to all clubs announcing that 32 “diverse, prospective club-nominated head coach and general manager prospects will have networking opportunities with club and league office executives” at the NFL’s spring meeting May 23 and 24.

The memo doesn’t say it, but it’s simply a fact: No white males will be included.

• Angry 1

Browns Being Investigated for Alleged Tanking
Mary Jo White, who is also investigating Brian Flores’s claim that he was offered money to lose games in Miami, is leading the investigation.

The NFL has opened an investigation into allegations that the Cleveland Browns provided incentives to then–head coach Hue Jackson to lose games during the 2016 and ’17 seasons.

In an emailed statement, the league confirmed that former Securities and Exchange Commission chair Mary Jo White, of Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, is leading an independent probe into allegations made by Jackson in February. “The review is ongoing and is expected to conclude soon,” wrote an NFL spokesperson.

White has also been hired by the league to investigate the Miami Dolphins in light of Brian Flores’s claim that he was offered $100,000 per loss by owner Stephen Ross during the 2019 season.

</snip>

On 4/7/2022 at 6:17 PM, Alaska Darin said:

It happens in every business I've ever worked at.  I've been forced to interview people whose resumes shouldn't even have gotten to me even though we already had a perfect candidate (who we pretty much always ended up hiring).  In my case, it doesn't have anything to do with race, etc. but companies like having that plausible legal deniability.

We literally just had another meeting about it because they want us to hire more women.  Know how many resumes I got in the last 10 years from women?  ONE.  We hired her because she was awesome.  I constantly trumpet my 100% female hiring record.

So I'm guessing you don't run a strip club?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ann said:

Twitter image:

hugh.thumb.jpg.a9675284fbf3b5f6005019d9a3442cef.jpg

He didn’t need to be paid to rank. His coaching alone made it a natural phenomenon. 

Just like Jokin’ Joe, “It wasn’t me! Somebody else made that happen.”

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 hours ago, Ann said:

Twitter image:

hugh.thumb.jpg.a9675284fbf3b5f6005019d9a3442cef.jpg

There's something faintly ridiculous about a coach winning three games in three seasons, and saying "we can't substantiate he was paid to lose."

Alaska Darin
4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

There's something faintly ridiculous about a coach winning three games in three seasons, and saying "we can't substantiate he was paid to lose."

They interviewed and figured out he was just that terrible.  Occam's Razor.

Crap Throwing Clavin
53 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

They interviewed and figured out he was just that terrible.  Occam's Razor.

DC Tom's Bludgeon is even more fitting in this case.

He's an idiot.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

NFL uses aggressive reading of its Constitution & Bylaws to argue for arbitration of all Brian Flores claims

</snip>

Close inspection of the 25-page memorandum of law filed by the NFL earlier this week in the case filed by by Brian Flores, Steve Wilks, and Ray Horton reveals a very aggressive interpretation of the NFL’s Constitution & Bylaws, as part of an effort to force all of the claims out of court and into a process that is far more favorable to the league and its teams.

As to all three plaintiffs, the broad arbitration clauses contained in their employment contracts become the obvious basis for an effort to force arbitration. Flores, who worked for the Dolphins, has sued them for firing him. Wilks, who worked for the Cardinals, has sued them for firing him. Horton, who served as defensive coordinator of the Titans, has sued them for not making him the head coach. It will be difficult for them to avoid the duty to arbitrate; they’ll have to successfully attack the fundamentally unfair nature of the process.

</snip>

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

How many first round picks have been lost because of Brady cheating?

I wanna know what Brady's suspension is...

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • FANtastic 2