Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 Bills Draft Thread

KD in CA

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

lb.jpg.1311f361c1f97682e5316f3ec3da5e46.jpg

He's a tantalizing guy because he has first round measurables but he plays far below his physical gifts. 

I wouldn't be thrilled if the BILLS picked him before about the 4th round because he lacks football instincts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

He's a tantalizing guy because he has first round measurables but he plays far below his physical gifts. 

I wouldn't be thrilled if the BILLS picked him before about the 4th round because he lacks football instincts.

Yeah.

We already have one of those.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I wouldn't be thrilled if the BILLS picked him before about the 4th round  at all because he lacks football instincts.

FIFY.  Sounds like someone we already have.

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

What's his wonderlic score?
Nevermind.

• Haha 1

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, Core Four said:

FIFY.  Sounds like someone we already have.

I think it's fine to pick high upside guys later in the draft with the hope you can coach them.  We've been pretty good under Beane making later picks into NFL players.   If the BILLS think they can do it with Smith, his athleticism says he's worth the risk.

It's rare for day 3 picks to be anything more than special teams players on good teams.  That's a big mind set change for BILLS' fans.

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Yeah.

We already have one of those.

Put 'em both on the field at the same time, and they're likely to run into each other, Keystone Kops style, in a hurry to cover the wrong gap.

• Haha 3

We have 8 picks in this years draft. 8 picks are not going to make this roster. I would be okay with selecting 4 or 5 players and Beane jockeying around. Possibly moving up in the early draft and moving down in the later draft and accumulating capital for '23 to provide more ammo to do roughly the same.

• Like 3

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Foxx said:

We have 8 picks in this years draft. 8 picks are not going to make this roster. I would be okay with selecting 4 or 5 players and Beane jockeying around. Possibly moving up in the early draft and moving down in the later draft and accumulating capital for '23 to provide more ammo to do roughly the same.

I don't think any scenario is off the table, including trading next year's number 1 and a player to get an additional 1st this season.  I think a lot of it is just how the draft falls, which at this moment is as up in the air as and I can remember.

I will be shocked if any mock out there even has the first 10 players correct, regardless of pick number or team. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Alaska Darin said:

I don't think any scenario is off the table, including trading next year's number 1 and a player to get an additional 1st this season.  I think a lot of it is just how the draft falls, which at this moment is as up in the air as and I can remember.

I will be shocked if any mock out there even has the first 10 players correct, regardless of pick number or team. 

They really need to trade up to high in the 1st round to draft a QB that can compete with Mac Jones and Tua Tagovailoa.  

• Facepalm 1

Here is the mock I just did:

pff_mock_results (1).png

Lots of players I would love to be able to get, but the current thinking is that if we could somehow land Hamilton, that would fantastic. He might very well be that 'monster' that would bring this D to the next level and make the 4-2 what it can be.

• Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Here is the mock I just did:

pff_mock_results (1).png

Lots of players I would love to be able to get, but the current thinking is that if we could somehow land Hamilton, that would fantastic. He might very be that 'monster' that would bring this d to the next level and make the 4-2 what is can be.

Hamilton is going to be a great pro and I hope he's completely healed from that injury.  I'd love to see him in Buffalo because he's basically a positionless player - you can use him for almost anything.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I think it's fine to pick high upside guys later in the draft with the hope you can coach them.  We've been pretty good under Beane making later picks into NFL players.   If the BILLS think they can do it with Smith, his athleticism says he's worth the risk.

It's rare for day 3 picks to be anything more than special teams players on good teams.  That's a big mind set change for BILLS' fans.

This does make a lot of sense; rounds 5-7 could worth a flier.  My fear is that it could mean we're stuck with Edmunds while they're coaching up a late round potential MLB.

FWIW, I'm not a fan of how this scheme treats the LBs like safety/LB hybrids.  I'm not convinced they'll be able to get the 'right' guy for the position.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Core Four said:

This does make a lot of sense; rounds 5-7 could worth a flier.  My fear is that it could mean we're stuck with Edmunds while they're coaching up a late round potential MLB.

FWIW, I'm not a fan of how this scheme treats the LBs like safety/LB hybrids.  I'm not convinced they'll be able to get the 'right' guy for the position.

the reincarnation of  Luke Keukle will be obtained this year

• Wow 1

12 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I am pretty sure we are "stuck" with Edmunds this year regardless. He's been in the system four years and this is a Super Bowl push. I doubt they replace him (but never say never).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Ann said:

I am pretty sure we are "stuck" with Edmunds this year regardless. He's been in the system four years and this is a Super Bowl push. I doubt they replace him (but never say never).

What if, in McD and Beane's minds, Edmunds held some responsibility for Kelce and Hill running right through Edmunds' territory?  I'd have to re-watch the end of that game, but I recall them catching and running through the MLB area.  If I'm at least somewhat correct in my recollection, I wonder if that plays a role in draft decisions.

In the WC round in Jan 2020, Edmunds played 15-20 yards off the LOS when the Texans only needed 9 or 10 yards for that infamous first down.  He was a big reason the Bills lost that game, so the precedent of Edmunds poor situational awareness is known.  Why would they trust or rely on him going forward in a SB push?

25 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

the reincarnation of  Luke Keukle will be obtained this year

Who would that be?  I'd love for that to happen.

Just now, Core Four said:

What if, in McD and Beane's minds, Edmunds held some responsibility for Kelce and Hill running right through Edmunds' territory?  I'd have to re-watch the end of that game, but I recall them catching and running through the MLB area.  If I'm at least somewhat correct in my recollection, I wonder if that plays a role in draft decisions.

In the WC round in Jan 2020, Edmunds played 15-20 yards off the LOS when the Texans only needed 9 or 10 yards for that infamous first down.  He was a big reason the Bills lost that game, so the precedent of Edmunds poor situational awareness is known.  Why would they trust or rely on him going forward in a SB push?

Were they told to play that far off? They were gassed, no doubt, but who called the defense?

1 minute ago, Ann said:

Were they told to play that far off? They were gassed, no doubt, but who called the defense?

Leslie Frazier makes the defensive calls.  He would have those answers.  That's the other weak link.