Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 Bills Draft Thread

KD in CA

Deranged Rhino
12 minutes ago, Ann said:

thirty.jpg.6d751ee919133173dd6b4ced1b61d54f.jpg

I think we're in a spot now that no matter who the Bills take with their first pick, the hot takes are going to be gold. They legitimately could go any position outside of QB and it would "make sense". Even if they move up, down, or out of the round.

A first round edge rusher with Von Miller's signing and last year's draft? Not likely, but not impossible.

A first round safety who slides (Hamilton) with Po and Hyde still under contract? Not likely, but not impossible.

A first round RB? Not likely (based on Beane's record at the position), but not impossible. 

A first round LB? Certainly possible.

A first round IOL? Certainly possible. 

A first round CB or WR? Certainly likely. 

I think this draft will set records for hot takes within the Mafia. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I think we're in a spot now that no matter who the Bills take with their first pick, the hot takes are going to be gold. They legitimately could go any position outside of QB and it would "make sense". Even if they move up, down, or out of the round.

A first round edge rusher with Von Miller's signing and last year's draft? Not likely, but not impossible.

A first round safety who slides (Hamilton) with Po and Hyde still under contract? Not likely, but not impossible.

A first round RB? Not likely (based on Beane's record at the position), but not impossible. 

I REALLY never want to see Zack Moss on the field again. Like ever. if that means RB round one, it has to happen.

• Cheers 2

Deranged Rhino
1 minute ago, Joe said:

I REALLY never want to see Zack Moss on the field again. Like ever. if that means RB round one, it has to happen.

I mean, I'm not there on Moss myself personally. But I get it. I totally get it. :beer: 

25 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

CB seems like the most obvious pick, but we haven't talked much about LB.  It seems like we're thin there already now that Klein is gone, and by now they must have a pretty strong belief about Edmunds' future in Buffalo, so that's a position that wouldn't surprise me a bit to see taken in the first couple rounds.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The Bills are in as good a position to simply pick "best player available" as any team I can remember.  

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
15 hours ago, Ann said:

I have a reflexive resistance to both Texas A&M RBs, and running backs named "Spiller," though.  

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I have a reflexive resistance to both Texas A&M RBs, and running backs named "Spiller," though.  

Boy, me too.  It's just like UC QBs.  No thank you.

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Boy, me too.  It's just like UC QBs.  No thank you.

Whenever I have an opinion, and you agree, I know I'm right.

You're the anti-Joe.

Edited by Crap Throwing Monkey
  • Haha 3

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-nfl-draft-10-best-small-school-gems

OT TREVOR PENNING, NORTHERN IOWA 

The Senior Bowl showcased the physical and competitive enigma that is Penning. During his last year at Northern Iowa, the Panther product accumulated a 99.1 run-blocking grade that almost shattered the PFF database. He improved his pass-blocking grade every single season and at a listed 6-foot-7 and 321 pounds, he ran the fourth-fastest 40-yard dash among offensive linemen at the scouting combine (4.89 seconds).

Penning is projected to play right tackle in the NFL; however, his strength and mean-streak as a run-blocker can result in him kicking inside to guard. Wherever he plays upfront, the touted linemen will thrive in the trenches.

• Like 2

https://washingtonfootballwire.usatoday.com/lists/chris-simms-top-5-running-backs-in-rookie-class-of-2022-nfl-draft-breece-hall-kenneth-walker/

4. James Cook, Georgia, 5-11, 199

The younger brother of Dalvin Cook, James ran a faster 40 (4.42), had a higher vertical jump (33 inches) and longer broad jump (124 inches) than did his older brother who is enjoying a good career with the Minnesota Vikings.

Doesn’t easily go down on contact, his speed is real, and his acceleration is through the roof. Catches the ball out of the backfield well. He is a difference-maker, a game-breaker. Can line up outside and run good routes as well.

Can turn 5 yards into 25 yards in a hurry. Never had more than 12 carries in a game at Georgia, which I view as a positive.  Can make people miss in space.

Expect him to go around 45-55 in the draft

3. Dameon Pierce, Florida, 5-10, 218

This kid is violent, a little ball of muscle. Thick and has power; has thighs and butts for days. Will run for quick, explosive runs, reminding me of Kareem Hunt in his power, balance after contact.

One-on-one defenders often missed him. He could lead the NFL in rushing in two or three years from now. He can redirect really well when the hole closes on him.

Looks really natural catching the ball out of the backfield. Also looks like a mack truck at times running over people.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2955183-2022-nfl-draft-the-most-overlooked-player-at-every-position

Running Back: Dameon Pierce, Florida

2 OF 10

Chris O'Meara/Associated Press

B/R Big Board Rank: No. 128

Dameon Pierce only got 100 carries for Florida in his senior season but scored 13 touchdowns. That's an absurd ratio. 

He added three scores on 19 catches, giving him 16 touchdowns on 119 touches and making him an Antonio Gibson-like scorer in college. 

What's interesting is his minimized workload both helps and hurts his draft stock. The likely fourth-rounder has been part of the backfield rotation in Florida since he was a freshman but was never given the reins and had just 329 carries across four seasons. 

But when he had the ball, he looked like an NFL runner. He led the nation in Pro Football Focus rushing grade and forced 39 missed tackles on his 100 attempts. 

Ultimately, Pierce has shown a pro-ready skill set and doesn't have the wear and tear of a back who was the focal point of his college offense. It's fair to wonder where his stock would be if he had the same featured roles of Breece Hall (scouting report) and Kenneth Walker III (scouting report). 

The Falcons could use a physical between-the-tackles runner such as Pierce to pair with receiving back Cordarrelle Patterson. 

Best Fit: Atlanta Falcons