Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 Bills Draft Thread

KD in CA

Alaska Darin
42 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Not buying it.

I can see them trying to move up to get one of the top corners.  Not sure who the veterans might be (Cody Ford?) but they might be trying to free up some money.

I wouldn't think anything would be off the table.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

I can see them trying to move up to get one of the top corners.  Not sure who the veterans might be (Cody Ford?) but they might be trying to free up some money.

Cody Ford?  I'd think they'd want to move up, not down.

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Giants having two picks in the first, our obvious relationship now, and the fact that they might be wanting to hedge on Jones, could be fertile ground. Maybe Gardner or Stingley? 

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
16 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Giants having two picks in the first, our obvious relationship now, and the fact that they might be wanting to hedge on Jones, could be fertile ground. Maybe Gardner or Stingley? 

Have to assume if they're moving up it's for a CB. No real reason to move up for a WR (unless they love one of the two OSU guys who will go before they get a chance). 

I'd rather see them sit at 25 and move up in round 2. But I'll trust the wizard of One Bills Drive to build the roster as he sees fit.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's a pass for me. 

Does the cap hit go with Edmunds? Who would we get to play MLB? Yeah, no... Even though I'm not convinced Tremaine is the answer, I think I'd pass here as well

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
26 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Does the cap hit go with Edmunds? Who would we get to play MLB?I Yeah, no... Even though I'm not convinced Tremaine is the answer, I think I'd pass here as well

It would go with him since he's on a 5th year option. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think the draft chatter I hear when I'm driving around (and there seems to be a lot of it on Sirius) is that there isn't a 'gotta-have-em' game changer in this draft, which is why I feel like if they'll do anything, they trade down to pick up some extra picks.

On the other hand, I thought there was a chance EJ Manuel would be a good quarterback, so I wouldn't put a lot of stock in my homerism.

27 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It would go with him since he's on a 5th year option. 

True, with a trade there is no cap hit in 2022.  Though I'm not sure they'll trade him since I suspect McD/Beane will watch him closely this year to see if he's worth giving a new deal.  

EDIT: Just thinking...this could mean Edmunds will end up being traded...I didn't think Bates would be back, it is clear they wanted him back and let the market determine his contract price.

Edited by Core Four
  • Cheers 1

20 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/30/buffalo-bills-brandon-beane-contract-extension-stefon-diggs/

With Beane's recent comments and Diggs tweets over the past week, I have a feeling Diggs could be packaged to try to get into the late top ten while still retaining #25.

Move up for a CB and take a WR at 25.

Edited by LB3
  • Facepalm 1
  • Wow 3
  • Boo 1

Arm of Harm
20 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's a pass for me. 

You’re giving up next year’s first, which will be pick #32. You’re also giving up this year’s 3rd and Edmunds. In exchange you’re getting pick 7. On the surface that seems like a great deal for the Bills. But it all depends on how good Stingley or “Sauce” are. I don’t know anything about either player. In a typical draft would those guys be good enough to go top 10? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, LB3 said:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/30/buffalo-bills-brandon-beane-contract-extension-stefon-diggs/

With Beane's recent comments and Diggs tweets over the past week, I have a feeling Diggs could be packaged to try to get into the late top ten while still retaining #25.

I watched that press conference and I'll just say that how it's written in the linked article isn't how it was stated.

I don't see the BILLS moving on from Diggs, especially given his relationship with JA17 and the problems that would likely cause.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, Arm of Harm said:

You’re giving up next year’s first, which will be pick #32. You’re also giving up this year’s 3rd and Edmunds. In exchange you’re getting pick 7. On the surface that seems like a great deal for the Bills. But it all depends on how good Stingley or “Sauce” are. I don’t know anything about either player. In a typical draft would those guys be good enough to go top 10? 

No doubt. The issue for me is that losing Edmunds now to fill a hole at CB2 creates a new hole at MLB. And I'd argue that hole would be bigger than the CB2 hole is now when you factor in that Edmunds makes the calls, knows the defense et al and how high the front office seemingly is on Jackson. If Kline had stayed around, I might be more willing to entertain this notion (or a comparable vet with experience in the system). Without a contingency in place, I'm not sure I can see Beane moving one defensive piece for another. 

That said, I could be way off on how they feel about Dane Jackson.

• Wow 1

24 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I watched that press conference and I'll just say that how it's written in the linked article isn't how it was stated.

I don't see the BILLS moving on from Diggs, especially given his relationship with JA17 and the problems that would likely cause.

That's good to hear. Thanks.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
21 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No doubt. The issue for me is that losing Edmunds now to fill a hole at CB2 creates a new hole at MLB. And I'd argue that hole would be bigger than the CB2 hole is now when you factor in that Edmunds makes the calls, knows the defense et al and how high the front office seemingly is on Jackson. If Kline had stayed around, I might be more willing to entertain this notion (or a comparable vet with experience in the system). Without a contingency in place, I'm not sure I can see Beane moving one defensive piece for another. 

That said, I could be way off on how they feel about Dane Jackson.

I think the answer depends on what you can get to replace Edmunds with the money you'd be saving.  If Beane goes this direction, it's because he has options.

• Like 3

Deranged Rhino
4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think the answer depends on what you can get to replace Edmunds with the money you'd be saving.  If Beane goes this direction, it's because he has options.

Exactly. And I just don't see a lot out there who they could slide into his spot. That might change post June 1st, or even during the Draft, but without that option I can't see them creating a new hole at such a vital spot in their scheme. I can't imagine they think Dodson is ready... (shrug)

But as you said, Beane knows what he's doing so I'll roll with it however it breaks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LB3 said:

There is no way in hell that the Bills package Diggs for anything other than a new contract. 

This isn't Baker and OBJ, or even Wilson and Metcalf. Or Murry and Hopkins.

This is Fred and Ethyl. Oreos and milk. Hunter and cocaine on a hooker's ass.

These things just don't get split up for anything. At least not this close to a championship.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1