• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Foxx

• Ann

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Fansince88

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

How dare those evil right-wing racist evil, vile, terrorist, insurrectionist, racist right-wing extremists impugn the honesty and integrity of such a fine devout Catholic totally sober woman!

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 9/26/2022 at 7:54 PM, Spartacus said:

not when they have their own muscle

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/fbi-misled-judge-then-seized-86-million-cash-beverly-hills-safe-deposit-boxes

The FBI and US attorney's office in Los Angeles justified the 5-day dragnet forfeiture at the US Private Vaults store by assuming that hundreds of anonymous box holders were storing assets somehow tied to unknown crimes.

At the end of the operation, agents had recovered more than $86 million in cash, and a 'bonanza' of gold, silver, rare coins, jewelry and other items of value.

Now, around 700 box holders who aren't implicated in any crimes liken the raid to police barging into a building's 700 apartments and taking every tenant's possessions when the only evidence of wrongdoing is against the landlord.

The plaintiffs in the class-action suit have asked U.S. District Judge R. Gary Klausner to declare the raid unconstitutional. If he grants the request, it could force the FBI to return millions of dollars to box holders whose assets it has tried to confiscate.

It could also spoil an unknown number of criminal investigations by blocking prosecutors from using any evidence or information acquired in the raid, including guns and drugs. -LA Times

"The government did not know what was in those boxes, who owned them, or what, if anything, those people had done," said their lawyer, Robert Frommer. "That’s why the warrant application did not even attempt to argue there was probable cause to seize and forfeit box renters’ property."

After the raid, the FBI posted a notice in the store window where customers could claim their property. Those who came forward had their bank records, state tax returns, DMV files and criminal histories investigated, agents testified.

In fact, the FBI charged US Private Vaults with conspiracy to sell drugs and money laundering, because some known dealers were witnessed going in there.  Under the conspiracy statute, and current drug statutes as I understand them, everything stored in the vault is then suspected to be part of the criminal enterprise, and subject to confiscation.

The FBI acted within the law (though not within the warrant.  I suspect the warrant is easily dodged under the confiscation laws anyway.)  The applicable laws are just that awful.

And of course zerohedge got the story wrong.  That's why they suck.  

The Danchenko trial started today. Expect another giant nothing burger and that he will probably receive a suspended sentence if convicted.

cuz, that's just how they roll...

Thread

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

FBI Offered Christopher Steele $1M For Evidence Backing Up Dossier Claims About Trump: FBI Analyst

The FBI offered Christopher Steele $1 million if he could prove allegations recorded in his now-infamous dossier, a senior FBI analyst said in court on Tuesday.

FBI analyst Brian Auten testified in the trial of Igor Danchenko, the primary source of allegations in Steele’s dossier, that the bureau placed a $1 million price tag on confirmation of the dossier’s outlandish allegations. Steele was unable to provide any evidence.

</snip>

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

How does this woman even exist as a viable option on any ticket?

I can't even fathom how anyone who's pro-choice wouldn't think that's a ridiculous hypothesis.  

30 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I can't even fathom how anyone who's pro-choice wouldn't think that's a ridiculous hypothesis.  

I saw an article last night breaking down how she has lost pretty much all black voters in  Georgia. It's so bad, she needed to bring in Oprah Winfrey to make the rounds with her.

Show me someone asking Oprah, "Do you agree that women need to abort babies to combat inflation?"

C'mon. Someone needs to do it.

Billsandhorns
18 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I saw an article last night breaking down how she has lost pretty much all black voters in  Georgia. It's so bad, she needed to bring in Oprah Winfrey to make the rounds with her.

Show me someone asking Oprah, "Do you agree that women need to abort babies to combat inflation?"

C'mon. Someone needs to do it.

Isn't Obama going to Georgia as well?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

Isn't Obama going to Georgia as well?

I can't imagine he ties himself to her. That gov seat is a goner, and there's not enough money in it for him, I'm sure.

• Like 1

Case study of the Swamp in action

https://www.npr.org/2022/10/20/1130146783/liz-truss-resigns

Together with her friend and political ally Kwasi Kwarteng, Truss had entered office promising to cut taxes and kickstart the country's economic growth through a form of "trickle-down economics." But when Kwarteng announced major tax cuts to parliament, alongside new spending plans focused on protecting households from high energy prices, the country's currency plummeted in value, while the costs of government borrowing shot up.

As a consequence, British mortgage costs looked set to soar, while import costs rose for businesses as well, and over the course of several weeks, Truss was forced to reverse her plans piece by piece until eventually she sacked Kwarteng and replaced him with a former political rival, Jeremy Hunt, as finance minister.

Within days, Hunt had almost entirely canceled the remainder of Truss' economic program, and as opponents inside and outside her Conservative Party began calling for her to step down, another senior cabinet member, interior minister Suella Braverman, was herself forced to resign for sending a sensitive document from a personal email account. In her resignation letter, she expressed concern about "the direction of the government," and seemed to accuse Truss' actions in recent weeks of not constituting "serious politics." Braverman was replaced by another Conservative whom Truss had pushed out of her cabinet just six weeks earlier when she took office.