Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills 2022 Draft Pick: Round 6, Pick #180: P - Matt Araiza - San Diego State [released]

Bills Fans

28 minutes ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

He banged a 17 year old and admitted it, he's gotta be gone right?

The fact that his criminal defense attorney is saying so much to the media to try to put out the civil fire tells me he feels *very* comfortable that Araiza wont be charged criminally for having sex with a 17 year old. He is basically admitting that it happened..but saying he has witnesses (including the girls friend) who says the girl was claiming to be in college, not HS..and that Araiza wasnt there when the alleged forcible rape occurred.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

On the other hand, he used upper case letters to start a sentence, a period to end the sentence, and he was able to do both before 9 a.m. That's a major victory in his world. 

His drunken and hungover rants ATOP are still some of the best posts to ever be made there. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RkFast said:

To be clear, Im not minimizing the violent aspect of this (alleged) event. But a lot of people are hanging their hats on "even if he didnt rape her, hes gotta go because 17 year old." Thats just naive.

I've mentioned it previously during political events like the MAL raid or the student loan bailout. I'm reminded most Bills fans are CNN-level leftists, so instead of reading their posts about the roster, I read their posts about stupid leftist talking points (Trump says you should inject Clorox!) that had been debunked a billion times and I realize I need to decide if I otherwise get enough value from Twitter to keep using the app.

Because they embarrass the shit out of me.

Beer__League__Hockey
7 minutes ago, RkFast said:

To be clear, Im not minimizing the violent aspect of this (alleged) event. But a lot of people are hanging their hats on "even if he didnt rape her, hes gotta go because 17 year old." Thats just naive.

Uhhh, can be plead it down, but it is a felony offense in CA.  Good luck with that.  I understand it happens all the time, but it doesn't get him out of admitting a crime.  Hence, he's gone.

The violent "gang rape" aspect is separate and most likely not verifiable.  Christine BlahBlah Ford can confirm that accusation will go nowhere. 

• O Rly 1

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

On the other hand, he used upper case letters to start a sentence, a period to end the sentence, and he was able to do both before 9 a.m. That's a major victory in his world. 

Y dont pepol prewf reed?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, RkFast said:

His drunken and hungover rants ATOP are still some of the best posts to ever be made there. 

No doubt. In hindsight, much of it read like something you hear Biden say at a podium, such as...

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

Uhhh, can be plead it down, but it is a felony offense in CA.  Good luck with that.  I understand it happens all the time, but it doesn't get him out of admitting a crime.  Hence, he's gone.

The violent "gang rape" aspect is separate and most likely not verifiable.  Christine BlahBlah Ford can confirm that accusation will go nowhere. 

Is it a legal defense that he legitimately thought she was 18? Not saying this is the case, but it seems to be what his lawyer is hanging his hat on. 

18 minutes ago, RkFast said:

Thanks for the clarification.

I thought you were going in another direction.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Beer__League__Hockey
1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Is it a legal defense that he legitimately thought she was 18? Not saying this is the case, but it seems to be what his lawyer is hanging his hat on. 

And maybe there is precedence to weasel out under false pretenses?  Hope so.

11 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

The fact that his criminal defense attorney is saying so much to the media to try to put out the civil fire tells me he feels *very* comfortable that Araiza wont be charged criminally for having sex with a 17 year old. He is basically admitting that it happened..but saying he has witnesses (including the girls friend) who says the girl was claiming to be in college, not HS..and that Araiza wasnt there when the alleged forcible rape occurred.

If she lied about her age, can he still be charged? 

• Sad 1

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

When I was young in the military, there were 2 pretty attractive women who used to hang around our dorm, go to our hooch and the club.  They were regulars.  A buncha different guys got with them over a few month period.

It turned out they were 15 & 16, the daughters of a high ranking officer on the base.  No one really got into trouble because it would have been more embarrassing for him to have that out there publicly, so it kinda got swept away and he got a new assignment elsewhere in the world.

I will grant that the world has changed pretty dramatically but my overall point here is dudes around that age rarely ask for proof of ID when it comes to the opposite sex.

• Wow 1

9 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I've mentioned it previously during political events like the MAL raid or the student loan bailout. I'm reminded most Bills fans are CNN-level leftists, so instead of reading their posts about the roster, I read their posts about stupid leftist talking points (Trump says you should inject Clorox!) that had been debunked a billion times and I realize I need to decide if I otherwise get enough value from Twitter to keep using the app.

My favorite dustup recently was when someone had the audacity to point out that Bills Twitter is like a high school cliq and all the "popular" accounts went nuts denying it. Talk about a self-own...

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I am not convinced they are all Bills fans. To be sure, some are, but when I see the "cut him now" and "it is the culture" comments, I figure they are just trolls. 

What has surprised me though, is some of the people I thought were level headed (and probably who you are alluding to) state that he should be cut now as the PR nightmare is not worth it.  While I see the point, I do not want to live in a world where trial by social media convicts a person and their whole lives destroyed based on allegations. There has been too much cancel culture, and #believeallwomen (or all men) is simply ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

And maybe there is precedence to weasel out under false pretenses?  Hope so.

Weasel? I mean if a girl comes up to you at a party / get together and introduces herself as so and so and she goes to such and such college, and she looks like she’s 18, and 21 year old you ends up having sex with her…you are now a felon because you didnt check her id? What if she gave you a fake id? Are you still a felon because you didnt shine a UV light on the id to make sure the REALID verifications were real? No..i dont think you are. And i dont think you are a weasel either. I think you are a red blooded american male that got tricked by a red blooded american female. This is all hypothetical of course, since none of us were there to know the facts..

• Applause 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
52 minutes ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

He banged a 17 year old and admitted it, he's gotta be gone right?

Travis Henry wasn't, after he picked up a 16 year old at a gas station.

• Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

I am not convinced they are all Bills fans. To be sure, some are, but when I see the "cut him now" and "it is the culture" comments, I figure they are just trolls. 

What has surprised me though, is some of the people I thought were level headed (and probably who you are alluding to) state that he should be cut now as the PR nightmare is not worth it.  While I see the point, I do not want to live in a world where trial by social media convicts a person and their whole lives destroyed based on allegations. There has been too much cancel culture, and #believeallwomen (or all men) is simply ridiculous. 

I think most of it is just fans who finally see the SB in sight for the first time -- maybe ever in their lifetime -- and they are just waiting for another shoe to drop, and will do anything to keep from missing a prime opportunity.

On the other hand, if they really want to test their holier-than-thou purity, let's find out if they'd take the same tact if it wasn't Araiza who was accused, but Josh Allen. I suspect they'd be yelling "We need to wait for all the facts!"

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

From the "press" accounts, too. Granted, a lot of those are just fans like us, but they put themselves out there as so-called "content creators" and amateur analysts. Then there are people who are indeed "professionals" from WGR and what not and they were yelling like lunatics last night (and now). Like...you LIVE in this world. Youre close to the team and a pro sports organization. Youre supposed to know how things like this work..and youre STILL beating the "cut him tonight!!!" drum?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1