Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills 2022 Draft Pick: Round 6, Pick #180: P - Matt Araiza - San Diego State [released]

Bills Fans

20 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I can’t post tweets, but the lawyer has now released his email to the bills which encourages them to pressure Araizias legal team towards a “pre-media” solution… 

This is all I see

• Like 1

4 hours ago, snafu said:

Texts!?!

Doesn’t anyone pick up a gaddamn phone anymore? How about writing a letter.

And Ariaza’s lawyer actually responded with anything other than “call me”? Great strategy, pre-teen lawyer dipshits.

I’d like to see Keenum or Barkley get some reps holding for Bass in case this gets worse for Ariaza.

This.  Insane for any attorney to respond in this way.

RochesterRob
7 hours ago, Ann said:

Well, he’s not wrong. The “if” is important though.

So many people are “cut him!” On social media without knowing if the allegations are true or not, and frankly they do not appear to care if the allegations are true or false, that it is disturbing.

And the lawyers know this as most people are more animal than civil.  That the lust for vengeance and violence still remain with us.  As far as the lawyers go this is a desired feeding frenzy.  That in this case the Bills will pay up to make it go away.

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

And the lawyers know this as most people are more animal than civil.  That the lust for vengeance and violence still remain with us.  

6r7nnt.jpg

Jabba The Hutt
9 hours ago, Ann said:

8 hours ago, LB3 said:

Araiza's lawyers texts actually are perfect. Denying accusations on 

the record cannot hurt them if the defense is not guilty. He's on record.

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

This.  Insane for any attorney to respond in this way.

4 hours ago, Nanker said:

Better Call Saul. 

I hope Araiza punts this whore and this case out of the universe...🧐

• Boo 2

Alaska Darin

People seem to be ignoring how stuff like this is viewed in the locker room.  Players are a very small fraternity and they protect each other.  They also expect the organization to protect them in a fair manner.

The BILLS will not rush into anything here because it is 100% not in their best interest long term to do so.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

He banged a 17 year old and admitted it, he's gotta be gone right?

Not shitting on you, BLH...but I LOVE this line of reasoning. If "banging a 17 year old" as a college senior was a disqualifying criterion, half the NFL would be out of work this AM. 

This is the talking point that is really irritating me in all this. Everyone pretending shit like this doesnt happen all the time in college and the NFL (and other sports leagues).

Edited by RkFast
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

Has someone corrected "new" for him? He is an AP journalist and should know better. 👼

Wait and see is not the best PR approach, especially after the Watson circus. It is, however, the right approach. As I said earlier, those witnesses who said he was not there when the rape occurred must be pretty solid. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Ann said:

As I said earlier, those witnesses who said he was not there when the rape occurred must be pretty solid.

Agreed (at this moment anyway).  GMBB isn't one to make uninformed decisions because of mob mentality and I doubt the BILLS left many stones unturned here.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
4 minutes ago, RkFast said:

Not shitting on you, BLH...but I LOVE this line of reasoning. If "banging a 17 year old" as a college senior was a disqualifying criterion, half the NFL would be out of work this AM. 

This is the talking point that is really irritating me in all this. Everyone pretending shit like this doesnt happen all the time in college and the NFL (and other sports leagues).

And at least that percentage of dudes serving in the US Armed Forces.  Get &#%$ing real.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

And at least that percentage of dudes serving in the US Armed Forces.  Get &#%$ing real.

To be clear, Im not minimizing the violent aspect of this (alleged) event. But a lot of people are hanging their hats on "even if he didnt rape her, hes gotta go because 17 year old." Thats just naive.

Edited by RkFast
  • Cheers 2
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Ann said:

Has someone corrected "new" for him? He is an AP journalist and should know better. 👼

On the other hand, he used upper case letters to start a sentence, a period to end the sentence, and he was able to do both before 9 a.m. That's a major victory in his world. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4