Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills 2022 Draft Pick: Round 6, Pick #180: P - Matt Araiza - San Diego State [released]

Bills Fans

RochesterRob
7 minutes ago, Ann said:

I know it would be just for money, but under what pretext could she sue the Bills? 

I wonder the same thing.  But there is always a first time hence what they call a precedent.  If it succeeded the impact would be devastating.  Parents would never let their boys out of the house until they turned 65.  I'm not joking.  

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 minutes ago, Ann said:

I know it would be just for money, but under what pretext could she sue the Bills? 

They enabled him by choosing him in the draft knowing he was a rapist.

It's the sort of thing a garden slug attorney lobs at a person/organization with deep pockets in hopes they'll settle rather than incur the legal costs and PR hit.  E.g.:https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-lawsuit-child-killed-fire-parking-lot-camping-2022-8

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

So the Bills talked to his attorney  this week…the attorney said Araiza was not in the house that night. There were witnesses that said he was not there.

I kinda like that his attorney is getting out in front of it a bit…and it kinda alleviates my concern a bit, but I’m confused…Matt Araiza wasn’t there. Ok cool. Then he goes to say that there wasn’t any force used by Matt Araiza? Which is a weird statement because if he wasn’t there, of course there wasn’t. Which one is it? And, there’s a gathering of football players at Matt Araiza’s house (according to the article i read) but he wasn’t there? 

1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I kinda like that his attorney is getting out in front of it a bit…and it kinda alleviates my concern a bit, but I’m confused…Matt Araiza wasn’t there. Ok cool. Then he goes to say that there wasn’t any force used by Matt Araiza? Which is a weird statement because if he wasn’t there, of course there wasn’t. Which one is it? And, there’s a gathering of football players at Matt Araiza’s house (according to the article i read) but he wasn’t there? 

He said he was not in the house. Then said no force was used by Matt. Force may have been used. Matt was not involved. 

• Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

The incident wasn't at Araiza's house.  Several articles say it was at an off-campus "party house."

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I didn’t read the whole article, supposedly he was  outside. 🤷‍♀️

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

What a scumbag lawyer. Releasing text messages about a potential settlement as evidence of guilt? Good lord.

I said it earlier, trial by media. 

Crap Throwing Clavin

The truth hardly matters now.  The Bills are now, and will be going forward, the team that knowingly drafted a rapist.

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1

Just now, Ann said:

Expected to play

Timmah will ride this pony until it bucks him. He'll do his usual schtick: report the story, add a sentence that implies his feelings, trigger some readers, accuse them of incorrectly inferring what he implied, get his fans to attack and shame anyone who doesn't fall in line, and then go to a bar and get batshitdrunk with JW while whining about how stupid people are.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The truth hardly matters now.  The Bills are now, and will be going forward, the team that knowingly drafted a rapist.

Yep. Bills fans never care about the truth if they can bring their holier-than-thou thoughts to the masses.

And look, the dude may very well be guilty. I'm just saying, fans should STFU until they know actual facts.

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Timmah will ride this pony until it bucks him. He'll do his usual schtick: report the story, add a sentence that implies his feelings, trigger some readers, accuse them of incorrectly inferring what he implied, get his fans to attack and shame anyone who doesn't fall in line, and then go to a bar and get batshitdrunk with JW while whining about how stupid people are.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Cant wait to hear Wawrow take 5 minutes to try to form a question to mcdermott at the post game presser tomorrow..

”uh..um..erm..derp..”

Just for coach to respectfully refuse to answer the half witted questioner.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Cant wait to hear Wawrow take 5 minutes to try to form a question to mcdermott at the post game presser tomorrow..

”uh..um..erm..derp..”

Just for coach to respectfully refuse to answer the half witted questioner.

McDermott: John, I appreciate your question, but I don't speak hangover so could you repeat the question for me?

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The amount of "If this is true, the Bills must cut him now" replies on Twitter are stunning.

That's not how "if" works, morons.  Just be honest and say "I want him cut now."

“Believe all women”

Of course, if Araiza just comes out as a Democrat this can all go away quickly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

As others have mentioned, Araiza's defense seems to be that he wasn't in the room & possibly wasn't even in the house when the alleged rape took place.

Which may be true or not.  The other part that could cause him significant problems is she apparently was 17 on the day of the alleged incident & he was 21.  IF he had consensual sexual relations with her, in CA that would still apparently be felony statutory rape.  She claims he did have sex with her prior to leaving her with his teammates; it seems he's denying that but not positive of that.

And there's a question as to whether it was where he was living or not.  It seems it wasn't, but who knows.

And, even if he didn't rape her, if he left her there for his buddies that's pretty bad form in and of itself.

25 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

What a scumbag lawyer. Releasing text messages about a potential settlement as evidence of guilt? Good lord.

This attorney's actions seem like those of one who knows he has a weak case and is trying to stir up as much crap as possible for a PR settlement.

The fact that there are no criminal charges if there is supposedly DNA evidence, a controlled call, and eyewitnesses is interesting. I somehow doubt that the San Diego PD and DA are really interested in protecting a freakin' (at the time) college punter.

Edited by Koko
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 3
  • FANtastic 1