Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills 2022 Draft Pick: Round 6, Pick #180: P - Matt Araiza - San Diego State [released]

Bills Fans

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

Her lawyer now cites the Buffalo Bills as enablers.

It worked for the accusers in the Watson case to go public and smear the NFL + team. All attorneys are going to go down the trial-by-media route.  

• Like 1

I have to imagine Bills knew about this when he was drafted. Wouldnt, "are you being accused of something or in a legal situation we should know about" be part of the interview pre and post draft? Also, the attorney said he is still requesting DNA and other evidence from the police. Is that the basis for the suit? 

Crap Throwing Clavin
26 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Her lawyer now cites the Buffalo Bills as enablers.

And welcome to the reason I find civil suits in these cases to be completely counter-productive.  Garden slug lawyers always - always - turn them in to carnival side-shows.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

41 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I have to imagine Bills knew about this when he was drafted. Wouldnt, "are you being accused of something or in a legal situation we should know about" be part of the interview pre and post draft? Also, the attorney said he is still requesting DNA and other evidence from the police. Is that the basis for the suit? 

Haven’t followed this at all, but if there was DNA evidence collected and it was viable, there would have been criminal charges by now. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Haven’t followed this at all, but if there was DNA evidence collected and it was viable, there would have been criminal charges by now. 

The  reporting said it was five men, she is suing three. Can they differentiate five different DNAs accurately as she went to get checked out 48 hours later?

1 minute ago, Ann said:

The  reporting said it was five men, she is suing three. Can they differentiate five different DNAs accurately as she went to get checked out 48 hours later?

Don’t see why they couldn’t differentiate. I’m no expert in DNA, but if it’s there, it’s there. 1, 2, 10 profiles shouldnt matter. The time frame might make it more difficult to gather.. especially since she probably showered, used the bathroom, etc during that time frame.

I’m just saying if the cops got it, and it was worth a damn, warrants would have been signed immediately. The fact that no arrests have been made, seems to point that any DNA sample collected is useless as evidence. But again, I’m just going off what’s  being said here and that this  apparently happened while he was still at SDSU last year, and no one has been charged. 

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
8 minutes ago, Ann said:

I watch a lot of SVU.  The answer is:  definitely maybe.  There are a lot of variables in play.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

"Pretext calls."  &#%$ing awful police tactic.

If you're ever accused of something, and your accuser calls you to talk to you about it, hang up the &#%$ing phone.  The police are recording the call.

You'd be surprised how often controlled calls work.

Crap Throwing Clavin

The amount of "If this is true, the Bills must cut him now" replies on Twitter are stunning.

That's not how "if" works, morons.  Just be honest and say "I want him cut now."

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Any way you look at it, this is bad for the Bills. 

Very bad. Just read up on it a bit. There were weird pretext calls between the victim and Araiza. It also sounds like the Bills were aware of the incident beforehand and did their own investigation? They dug into it and were comfortable with it? Unless they have solid exculpatory info, I’m finding it hard to believe the Bills would believe anyone would be worth this grief, much less a punter.

Edited by Sig1Hunter
  • I don't know 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Koko said:

You'd be surprised how often controlled calls work.

No, I know how often they work.  I know how they work.  I dislike them, greatly.  

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Very bad. Just read up on it a bit. There were weird pretext calls between the victim and Araiza. It also sounds like the Bills were aware of the incident beforehand and did their own investigation? They dug into it and were comfortable with it? Unless they have solid exculpatory info, I’m finding it hard to believe the Bills would believe anyone would be worth this grief, much less a punter.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills were named in the civil suit regardless.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills were named in the civil suit regardless.

I know it would be just for money, but under what pretext could she sue the Bills?