Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills 2022 Draft Pick: Round 6, Pick #180: P - Matt Araiza - San Diego State [released]

Bills Fans

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Lot’s daughters will never suffice. 

These ivory tower idiots are not required to use logic.  The less they use the more they can ramble on.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

John pays his 1,000 dollars per encounter just like any other troll.  

You gotta pay the troll toll

• Haha 3

The Bills should also release the scout responsible for targeting Araiza for doing a shitty job of getting background info on him. Two other punters were taken before he was taken by The Bills. Perhaps their scouts knew about these allegations. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Are you going to continue to investigate this?  :classic_blink:  :doh:

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I know that's the third time in two weeks I've said "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard."  The universe needs to stop with people saying increasingly stupid shit.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I know that's the third time in two weeks I've said "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard."  The universe needs to stop with people saying increasingly stupid shit.

This is like #8 on the list of “Signs the Apocalypse is Upon Us” - A new idiot breaks Tom’s record for dumbest thing he’s ever heard in ever increasing regularity.

Edit: i think #7 is the Buffalo Bills win the Super Bowl..

Edited by Sig1Hunter

Crap Throwing Clavin

I didn't see the press conference.  I'm guessing not a single reporter who could have unearthed the criminal case in a 5 minute Lexis-Nexis search saw the irony in their shouting "WHY DIDN'T YOU KNOW?????"

And do they even twig to the fact that they're more outraged the Bills made a mistake than they are over a girl being gang-raped????

I don't think I've ever hated people more than I do right now.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

This is like #8 on the list of “Signs the Apocalypse is Upon Us” - A new idiot breaks Tom’s record for dumbest thing he’s ever heard in ever increasing regularity.

I still blame AOL.  This - the downfall of Western society to the raging idiocy of histrionic asshats - starts with AOL Instant Messenger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RochesterRob
5 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

Stupid is no longer painful 

Like I said before there are no consequences for certain elite segments of society in terms of lying or making stupid statements.  Just like Missouri is bringing back corporal punishment in schools on average every town should have a stocks and a flogging post.  

10 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

That presser was full of dumb questions.

• Like 1

RochesterRob
22 minutes ago, Nanker said:

The Bills should also release the scout responsible for targeting Araiza for doing a shitty job of getting background info on him. Two other punters were taken before he was taken by The Bills. Perhaps their scouts knew about these allegations. 

We don't know how much information was available and college football is most likely littered with athletes that have sexual misconduct issues looming to various degrees.  You can't field a NFL team with exclusively choir boys.  

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Ann said:

That presser was full of dumb questions.

Seriously...I'm done with this team.

Not because of the team.  But because I can't deal with these media mother&#%$ers any more.  I've stepped in dog shit that was less odious than these ass-reaming &#%$s.

Just when this kid was THIS close to finally figuring out how to spell his last name THIS goes and happens.  Sheesh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

Well, if he participated in the attack that was described, I hope he goes to prison for a long time.

If he didn't, I hope he can be cleared quickly and resume his NFL career.

But that's irrelevant as it pertains to the 2022 Bills and what they hope to achieve. There is absolutely NO WAY they could continue to have this issue be the focus of the team throughout the entire season, which is exactly what would have happened for as long as he remained on the team. As is the case in every single scandal ever (unless you're an elected Democrat and the NY Times will lie for you forever), the rule is always the same -- cut bait and get away from it as soon as humanly possible.

While I understand some backlash against the idiots shrieking about him as if he'd already been convicted of the crime in court, there is simply no other decision the Bills could have made (other than to have had the foresight to cut him a week ago).

Time to move on and start a new punter thread.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Alaska Darin
57 minutes ago, Nanker said:

So the BILLS should fire someone because other teams took a different &#%$ing PUNTER based on the possibility those teams knew something that the ENTIRE WOKE MEDIA couldn't unearth about a toxic man who supposedly both statutorialy raped and then passed off a 17 year old to be gang raped?  Reach much with other people's livelihoods?  Jesus Christ.

How about:

1.  There were concerns that Ariaza had never held in his college career.   Not so with the other punters taken previous.

2.  It is an accepted fact that NFL teams prefer finesse punters with consistent high hang time numbers who won't outkick coverage. 

3.  There are literally draft reaches in every round,  every year.

4.  The BILLS already had an NFL punter (granted, coming off a poor season) with a loaded roster, so taking a shot at Araiza was the best option for getting a player that late who had any chance of making this team.

Maybe Tampa and Baltimore knew something but I doubt it.  It isn't well known but teams do share insider information when there are players out there with significant off-field issues because multibillion dollar businesses protect themselves first,  regardless.  The BILLS still belong to BLESTO-V, to give one example.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

I don’t know that they would fold their tent like that.  I’d bet they found out more over the past few days than they had before.  If Araiza was less than forthcoming on a topic like this……bye.  If he was truthful, consistent and honest from the jump, I think they would have kept him.  These two guys are class acts.

Yes and he'd be subject to league discipline even before the civil suit and legal investigations played out so a good chance he doesn't play for some time.  Locker room might also be a problem.  He might have been a difference maker on the field but the Bills had no other choice here practically speaking IMO.  

Edited by Ninety-4

Just now, Ninety-4 said:

y

Yes and he'd be subject to league discipline even before the civil suit and legal investigations played out so a good chance he doesn't play for some time.  Locker room might also be a problem.  He might have been a difference maker on the field but the Bills had no other choice here practically speaking IMO.  

Because the claims happened before he was drafted, the NFL could not discipline him. 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Well, if he participated in the attack that was described, I hope he goes to prison for a long time.

If he didn't, I hope he can be cleared quickly and resume his NFL career.

But that's irrelevant as it pertains to the 2022 Bills and what they hope to achieve. There is absolutely NO WAY they could continue to have this issue be the focus of the team throughout the entire season, which is exactly what would have happened for as long as he remained on the team. As is the case in every single scandal ever (unless you're an elected Democrat and the NY Times will lie for you forever), the rule is always the same -- cut bait and get away from it as soon as humanly possible.

While I understand some backlash against the idiots shrieking about him as if he'd already been convicted of the crime in court, there is simply no other decision the Bills could have made (other than to have had the foresight to cut him a week ago).

Time to move on and start a new punter thread.

Realistically speaking, you are correct. The thing that really, really bugs me about this is that someone’s career / life can be ruined by allegations that may or may not have any factual basis. He’s forever marked with a scarlet letter no matter the truth. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1