Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills 2022 Draft Pick: Round 6, Pick #180: P - Matt Araiza - San Diego State [released]

Bills Fans

7 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Realistically speaking, you are correct. The thing that really, really bugs me about this is that someone’s career / life can be ruined by allegations that may or may not have any factual basis. He’s forever marked with a scarlet letter no matter the truth. 

I hope, for his sake, that he can be another cautionary tale for those who rush to judgment. The Duke lacrosse team has hopefully fully bounced back. I obviously don’t know what happened, which is why I have no strong opinions. I don’t understand how people can have such strong convictions with so little actual knowledge. 

In the end, we will all be judged. And not just by a message board. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
20 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Realistically speaking, you are correct. The thing that really, really bugs me about this is that someone’s career / life can be ruined by allegations that may or may not have any factual basis. He’s forever marked with a scarlet letter no matter the truth. 

And the Bills will always have knowingly drafted and signed a rapist to the team.

• O Rly 1

6 hours ago, Hedge said:

I don’t care if he is guilty or not. If there is ANYTHING that is distracting the head coach of the Buffalo Bills from focusing on what needs to be done in making this team better and preparing for the opener, I want that distraction removed, especially in what seems to be a legitimate Super Bowl contending team.

Culture doesn’t only go 1 way. While it’s incumbent on the coaching staff and management to build a strong value driven culture, the only way that culture thrives is if the vast majority of key players buy into it. If Punt Guy was  aware of a police investigation involving him (again guilt or innocence doesn’t matter) and didn’t make teams aware of this during the draft process, then he was not respecting of any culture in which he landed. If you don’t respect the process, the process, in turn, shouldn’t respect you. My guess is he was hoping to have the backing and support of any billion dollar business that would have him should this incident have come to a head. 

How much do the fellow players actually support him?

1. He’s a punter, who most won’t even consider a real football player. There’s no blood, sweat, and tear brotherhood. 

2. He’s a unproven rookie.

3. He brought an unwelcome distraction to the team, while everyone else has kept their noses clean (or at least covered up).

I hope he’s gone soon so head coach can focus ONLY on football again. A punter isn’t worth the distraction. And picking someone off the trash heap will about be equivalent to what they had last year anyway, so I’ll settle for a push, rather than a loss.

I don't know what's true in this situation.

But to put fandom in front of people's actual lives is pretty awful.

Someone's life in this situation is ruined, either his or hers.

But whatever it takes to not hurt your football team should be paramount.

Hopefully you or your loved ones are never in a similar situation.

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1
  • FANtastic 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

One thing that's been lost sight of by damn near everyone so far is that a girl was raped.  

The outrage directed at the Bills for not being able to respond to a civil suit before it was filed is pitifully superficial.  The story should not be about the Bills.  A girl was raped.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

No doubt it's (potentially) incredibly unfair. Yes, the Bills should have been able to keep him until the case was legally resolved, but that is no longer possible in our society. It's just another example of how people suck and how social media is literally the worst thing ever invented.  I have no idea how high-profile people manage their lives in this day and age.

My only thought on the Bills is that they miscalculated the risk/reward.  How much difference is a punter really going to make on the field vs the potential for this to blow up in their faces?  Fortunately, he's a rookie so the press will likely lose interest quickly now that he's been cut.  Let's hope the conversation has moved on by next Thursday.

• Sad 1

Anybody got the statement her lawyer posted? I’ve only seen bits of it but the gist seems to be “after he accused me of shaking then down, I went scorched earth and ruined that kids career but If he’d only paid the shakedown price he’d still be playing”

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

Meanwhile, the pieces of crap in the media are taking victory laps while the girls attorney admits it was a shakedown. 

4B6DD616-B7A0-41FF-9A68-C77D049FF231.png

Edited by whatdrought
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Anybody got the statement her lawyer posted? I’ve only seen bits of it but the gist seems to be “after he accused me of shaking then down, I went scorched earth and ruined that kids career but If he’d only paid the shakedown price he’d still be playing”

yup, that is the gist of it

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

Buffalo Rumblings editor: 

“Is it possible I should have waited to see if it was all a money grab before demanding someone lose their career and reputation?…”

F0A3D792-D0E5-43EE-A760-7E25F2574079.png

• Facepalm 2

59 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

I know. It’s totally shocking that on a Bills fan site that someone admits being a fan of *checks notes* the Bills.

I award you 10 points for moral outrage, however. Heck, make it 20, I’ll give you 10 per person.

• Like 1

Jabba The Hutt
2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Well, if he participated in the attack that was described, I hope he goes to prison for a long time.

If he didn't, I hope he can be cleared quickly and resume his NFL career.

But that's irrelevant as it pertains to the 2022 Bills and what they hope to achieve. There is absolutely NO WAY they could continue to have this issue be the focus of the team throughout the entire season, which is exactly what would have happened for as long as he remained on the team. As is the case in every single scandal ever (unless you're an elected Democrat and the NY Times will lie for you forever), the rule is always the same -- cut bait and get away from it as soon as humanly possible.

While I understand some backlash against the idiots shrieking about him as if he'd already been convicted of the crime in court, there is simply no other decision the Bills could have made (other than to have had the foresight to cut him a week ago).

Time to move on and start a new punter thread.

Couldn't Araiza just register democrat until this blows over?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Her attorney

from earlier today….

So, just a second. We went from he raped him to now that he was cut. He was present in the room and a simple donation could have made this go away? Donations do not make rape go away! I hope this young man didnt get screwed! Looks like he did. Story has changed several times now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

Jabba The Hutt
1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

So, just a second. We went from he raped him to now that he was cut. He was present in the room and a simple donation could have made this go away? Donations do not make rape go away! I hope this young man didnt get screwed! Looks like he did. Story has changed several times now. 

They need to resign him right now!

5 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

You caught that too, huh? 

• Like 2