Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills 2022 Draft Pick: Round 6, Pick #180: P - Matt Araiza - San Diego State [released]

Bills Fans

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I mean, you can kinda see it after the Haslam's handling of the Watson situation.  Since it's just a punter, they'd probably give like $73 to a sexual assault charity.

While no one's claiming him off waivers...once he clears, I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see a team sign him to a rookie minimum contract and immediately put him on the commissioner's exempt list, just on the idea of "We want the rights to him in case he's cleared of this."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ann said:

:classic_blink: They should have known a civil lawsuit was coming months after they drafted him? What are they? Clairvoyant? 

Ann, I’ve read reports on PFT (I think) and the Pat Mcafee show that other teams had/heard reports pre draft. 

I didn’t put that in there. 

So, that’s an issue. Why’d other teams know and you didn’t?!

• Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

What I want to see is the same outrage at SDPD and the AG there for sitting on this. There should have been arrests and charges drawn. They have egg on their collective faces 

Exactly.  This happened nearly ten months ago and it sounds like she reported it almost immediately.  Where's the legal resolution?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Let me guess: THERE WILL BE BLOOD!!!!

Dude, take a seat and read this slowly. Nobody in the Bills organization owes you shit. 

The only egg on your face is the egg you put there in your little victimhood world of fandom. If you REALLY believe that what the Bills did was so heinous that YOU deserve to have someone fired because YOU have egg on you face, you should probably just pick a WWE star to follow and leave professional sports to the adults.

To everyone else who desperately needs this to be about the Bills (JW, Timmah!, and every other dime-a-dozen no-other-way-to- make-a-living sports journalist), grow the hell up.

This will be a blip in a week, and the people still bringing it up will just make it easier for you to figure out who you should be ignoring.

Go Bills.

Um, what?

Your first point, blood, is stupid. No need to address. 

Yes, the Bills owe me their best. So your second comment was dumb. But it also missed the mark. If other teams knew, and reports are that they did, whoever should have known on the Bills should be fired. 

I didn’t believe the Bills did anything heinous. I never said that. Oftentimes, marginal IQ people read things unwritten or implied because reality is hard for them. I implied egg on the face. That’s correct. The Bills didn’t know draft knowledge other teams did, and ended up in a PR nightmare, so egg on the face. 

…I don’t watch the wrastling. It’s for low IQ people…exactly like the Marvel movies. 

But sheesh, no wonder you don’t like me, lmao. You’re always assuming I’m saying things I’m not, and constantly misinterpreting my meanings. 

I mean, wow, to what you wrote. How old are you?

Edited by The_Dude

17 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

While no one's claiming him off waivers...once he clears, I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see a team sign him to a rookie minimum contract and immediately put him on the commissioner's exempt list, just on the idea of "We want the rights to him in case he's cleared of this."

I read somewhere yesterday that only the NFL can place a player on the commish's exempt list.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Yes, the Bills owe me their best.

We both know why I bust your chops about "There will be blood." Because that's the calling card from your non-stop angry victim routine on the politics side. Over and over and over. 

Now, tell us why the BIlls owe you anything. Try your best not to pull the non-stop angry victim routine. Why does the team owe it to you to fire someone because you think you have egg on your face.

• Like 1

Hmmm...... did her dirtbag lawyer sit on this for 10 months knowing Araiza might hook on with an NFL team just so he could get a bigger payday and include whatever NFL team he landed on in the civil suit? Reading his words make it seem so, what a &#%$ing scumbag! 

Edited by Big Gun
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

Hmmm...... did her dirtbag lawyer sit on this for 10 months knowing Araiza might hook on with an NFL team just so he could get a bigger payday and include whatever NFL team he landed on in the civil suit? Reading his words make it seem so, what a &#%$ing scumbag! 

That's one part of this mess that seems pretty clear and obvious.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

That's one part of this mess that seems pretty clear and obvious.

And it's really a crappy piece of this whole thing because I think everyone agrees the girl was raped.

The lawyer has devolved this into "She waited for him to make a team before going after the money," and that may well have been his advice to her, but damn, man, find a better way to get justice for your client than make her look like a money grabber.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Just so we are clear. The they I mentioned is the SDPD and AG. 

I know that. And GMBB’s process should include looking into that factor as well. There are lots of questions to be asked and answered. 

17 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

We both know why I bust your chops about "There will be blood." Because that's the calling card from your non-stop angry victim routine on the politics side. Over and over and over. 

That’s not a call for violence when I say that. 

That’s not me stating ima go karate chop something. 

That’s me saying, as a bystander, ‘there gon be blood’ because I’ve read this story before. History rhymes. We’ve two competing political tribes that are now using law enforcement to go after the other…I’ve read this one before, ya know…there will be blood and the republic is rapidly transitioning into whatever it’ll end up becoming. 

You’re just confused as to my meaning. It happens with lots of low-average IQ folks. Glad to help. 

And yeah, the Bills owe me😉

21 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

Bro that’s just smart — and if the lawyer believes his client, being smart like that is the best way to hurt the kid…and I’ll wait on judgement but if allegations are true the kid deserves to be hurt badly. 

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

It happens with lots of low-average IQ folks.

I should have known better than to engage. Here, as over there, you never answer questions. You just hurl third-grader "I know you are but what am I" comments.

Carry on.

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Bro that’s just smart — and if the lawyer believes his client, being smart like that is the best way to hurt the kid…and I’ll wait on judgement but if allegations are true the kid deserves to be hurt badly. 

Well, it is so smart that there is no longer money to settle. And, with trial by Twitter, how much has he further damaged that poor girl in the process? And he’s her attorney!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Former raiders punter, classic continent in several years - King - Is 70 in community all right now. I really hope not, is the guy is a bit of a clown and was never as good as the hype he projected for himself. 

I honestly met the point where it's just less and less I give a &#%$ about this team, and I hope we lose a pivotal playoff game because of punting. The @$$h@l&s that willfully cheered on this move by the bills deserve a kick of a nuts. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

Well, it is so smart that there is no longer money to settle. And, with trial by Twitter, how much has he further damaged that poor girl in the process? And he’s her attorney!

Then it’d be wise to redirect your fire. Start aiming at the university and the PD. 

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Then it’d be wise to redirect your fire. Start aiming at the university and the PD. 

Maybe the police have not filed charges because there's nothing to charge?

If all this evidence exists then and diamond would be very very easy. In this movement of hashtag me too, and Believe all women then it would be obvious suicide for any politician or public figure not to act on it.

• Applause 3

Leave it to The Dude to misrepresent just about every situation he encounters. Just a couple days ago he was claiming Biden raped his daughter based on her diary that at most claimed sexual inappropriate conduct. Now The Dude is inserting his brilliance into this situation and calling other posters out for things he has made up. 

Mods---should we consider a device for The Dude that would prevent him from posting if he is determined to be high? I mean he actually told me that he lied about a rape in order to get me to call him out so that I could understand his position. Normally I'd ask for a little of what he's smoking but who the hell wants to emulate him? 

I'm not going to comment a lot on this but just this one time hopefully to point out a few issues in this entire thing.

First, the police knew about this when it happened, and even wired her to follow up 

It appears he admitted in the conversation to having sex with her yet the police must not have thought they had enough evidence to charge him with rape vs consensual sex

I see in the comments that her scumbag lawyer was probably holding out on filing the civil suit (which doesn't prove criminal guilt) for him to make the team

If that's the case. he totally f***ed that up since rosters are not set until the first day of the season. 

If he had however waited until Thursday game to file, he would have then had at least a guaranteed salary for the year to go after, now he only has the signing bonus

Finally, why is this single charge of a rookie getting so much more attention than the multiple charges against Watson got out of the gate? Is it because Watson was an established vet or something more nefarious? 

• Like 2