Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BILLS' History

Alaska Darin

Alaska Darin

I love these old programs.  One of my favorite things as a kid was getting the latest pennant when they came out.  I wish I still had those around somewhere.

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I love these old programs.  One of my favorite things as a kid was getting the latest pennant when they came out.  I wish I still had those around somewhere.

My older brothers and I all collected pennants.  In the '70s they had the entire NHL, they got a new one each time we went to a game.  Golden Seals, Atlanta Flames, etc.  Of course, back then you could buy visiting teams' stuff at the arena.  Haven't seen that in 25 years in any sport.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, KD in CA said:

My older brothers and I all collected pennants.  In the '70s they had the entire NHL, they got a new one each time we went to a game.  Golden Seals, Atlanta Flames, etc.  Of course, back then you could buy visiting teams' stuff at the arena.  Haven't seen that in 25 years in any sport.

You can still get team pucks of all the NHL teams in the Sabres Store but that is about it for rivals merchandise.

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Man, that's a lot of turnovers.

210 all time.  

Total interceptions correlate most strongly with length of career (not an OBF DAB POMA stat, that's a real number).  Virtually everyone on top-50 list of career interceptions played 14 years or more. 

Interestingly, two of the exceptions are Jim Kelly (175 ints in 10 years in the NFL), and Jack Kemp (183 in 10 years).  

RochesterRob
18 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Man, that's a lot of turnovers.

I knew it had to be Ferguson without opening the thread.  It would be interesting to know how the league averaged during his career to know if those numbers were alarming or not.  I was not into football during Ferguson's career to know how much he may have tried to carry the team when facing insufficient talent surrounding him.

Alaska Darin
9 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I knew it had to be Ferguson without opening the thread.  It would be interesting to know how the league averaged during his career to know if those numbers were alarming or not.  I was not into football during Ferguson's career to know how much he may have tried to carry the team when facing insufficient talent surrounding him.

He was a better QB than he got credit for.  In 1977 he led the league in passing yards AND interceptions.  He was a really good player on some really bad teams because Ralph was cheap.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1977/passing.htm

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I had forgotten all about this...

Sometimes I wish I could forget.  I still have that poster.  And I still think it was pretty...let's say, "Village People."

• Haha 1