Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BILLS' History

Alaska Darin

14 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm somewhat reluctant to bring this up but I remember that game very well. Art Shell and his OC Tony Robiske standing on the sidelines with shellshock expressions and calling a TO so that their defensive players could get a chance to breathe. Initially we were behind by a field goal in that game but once we gained the lead there was no stopping us. The score got so one sided that the TV producers thought that they would show us highlights of other action in the Middle East. Initially they kept showing us video of Scuds that kept going out of bounds or being tackled well short of the line to gain. Anyway they must have mixed up film and there was a short video of a team from Green Bay visiting the Blue Oyster Bar and battling The Purple People Eaters for the best stools. (right before the video ends there is moment when Paul Hornung asks his old running mate James 'Jim' Taylor to hold his betting ticket and sing "You've Got A Friend" one more time.) Now, I'm not sure what all this means but this is the consensus for the Green Bay team gaining it's nickname of the Packers and Hornung gaining recognition for the "Best Packer" of all time. At the very end of the video one can hear famed coach Lombardi saying "Nice Guys Finish". 

I should probably explain my reluctance to broach this subject: We have a new poster that calls himself PackerNation posting here. He is of the belief that people cannot remember games that happened 3 decades ago. He made that very clear to me while meaning to make it very clear to Snafu. Regardless, it is our unwritten policy of opening our arms to welcome new posters but our reluctance to be treated as The Purple People Eaters in his neighborhood bar.

See the source image 

The newest "Best Packer". 

Just now, Spartacus said:

you left off alleged murders

Lewis wasn't alleged to have committed the murders, rather helping to cover them up.

Still a crime punishable with incarceration for those that aren't rich &/or famous.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Lewis wasn't alleged to have committed the murders, rather helping to cover them up.

Still a crime punishable with incarceration for those that aren't rich &/or famous.

that's the whitewashed version

other versions carry more serious allegations

Edited by Spartacus

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Ouch.

Ouch indeed.  But it's not like pre-Polian the Bills would've taken Green.  Surely they've had their eye on a guard that would've been packing groceries as soon as the Bills dumped him 2 years later had they kept the pick.

• Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Ouch indeed.  But it's not like pre-Polian the Bills would've taken Green.  Surely they've had their eye on a guard that would've been packing groceries as soon as the Bills dumped him 2 years later had they kept the pick.

Yeah, that was my first thought when I read it too.  Imagine a team that had Bruce Smith AND Kevin Greene? 

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Ouch.

Y'know...it occurs to me that it's just possible that Kay Stephenson was a &#%$ing idiot.