Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs. Dolphins - The Aftermath - Week #15 '22

Foxx

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

If memory serves, another talented bard responded with one about him getting stuffed into a locker last October.

The bard sings the songs of my people.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
2 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

If memory serves, Dane was put in a tough spot last year when Tre went down and has performed well considering 

It’s not even “well considering”, it’s just “well”.

Some fans, who don’t understand the game at a conceptual level (not an insult by the way, I’m *constantly* learning more about the game, and am always thrilled to become more educated), expect elite play at every position, and don’t recognize high level play for what it is.

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Some fans, who don’t understand the game at a conceptual level (not an insult by the way, I’m *constantly* learning more about the game, and am always thrilled to become more educated), expect elite play at every position, and don’t recognize high level play for what it is.

You ain't lying.  Dane has had his struggles this season but even when he gives up a catch he's generally positionally very, very sound.  He desperately needs better ball awareness but that's so normal in the NFL it's hard to even get pissed about it anymore.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

Jabba The Hutt
13 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Yes. Like Dane Jackson, who has been very good this year.

Your lack of understanding doesn’t somehow diminish the good work Jackson has done in zone this year, nor does it somehow elevate Elam’s current ability in zone coverage.

Who's responsible for all the huge TD plays and 3rd down and forever plays given up?

• Like 1

Just now, Jabba The Hutt said:

Who's responsible for all the huge TD plays and 3rd down and forever plays given up?

Honestly?  Frazier.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
10 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

The Bills are 11-3.

They play their games against other professional football teams, who are comprised of great players in most instances.

Josh Allen, as great as he is, hasn’t won all 11 of those games by himself. The defense has been responsible for a handful.

Jackson hasn’t been “exposed” in any of them. As @Alaska Darin correctly stated, his positioning has been phenomenal. He hasn’t really gotten burned. He just needs more ball awareness. And it’s not even like he’s Leodis McKelvin out there. He’s been remarkably unlucky, playing nearly perfect coverage, and the wideout has made an unreal play.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

So are you saying I’m being unrealistic in expecting a touchdown on every offensive play, and a turnover on every defensive play?

(Obviously a joke, but I watch games with someone whose thinking isn’t too far off from that and it drives me nuts.)

• Like 2
  • I don't know 1

Jabba The Hutt
10 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

The Bills are 11-3.

They play their games against other professional football teams, who are comprised of great players in most instances.

Josh Allen, as great as he is, hasn’t won all 11 of those games by himself. The defense has been responsible for a handful.

Jackson hasn’t been “exposed” in any of them. As @Alaska Darin correctly stated, his positioning has been phenomenal. He hasn’t really gotten burned. He just needs more ball awareness. And it’s not even like he’s Leodis McKelvin out there. He’s been remarkably unlucky, playing nearly perfect coverage, and the wideout has made an unreal play.

Well the unreal plays are continuously happening down after down and we would be undefeated if just a few of them had been stopped with good awareness. Sticking to a WR is great but nobody fears Dane and knows he'll give up the completion so they just lob it up so when does that become a problem finally?

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
9 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Well the unreal plays are continuously happening down after down and we would be undefeated if just a few of them had been stopped with good awareness. Sticking to a WR is great but nobody fears Dane and knows he'll give up the completion so they just lob it up so when does that become a problem finally?

So, in your estimation, should opposing quarterbacks not be throwing the ball anywhere? And should we not expect other professional football players to make professional football plays?

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

So, in your estimation, should opposing quarterbacks not be throwing the ball anywhere? And should we not expect other professional football players to make professional football plays?

Nope

21 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Well the unreal plays are continuously happening down after down

We're 11-3 and in first place in the AFC.  So that's simply not true.

• Sad 1

Jabba The Hutt
31 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

That's not what I'm saying...I'm saying Dane needs to start making some plays on the ball if he wants to remain in the lineup beyond this season.

Edited by Jabba The Hutt

Jabba The Hutt
19 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

We're 11-3 and in first place in the AFC.  So that's simply not true.

That's like saying Minnesota can't be 11-3 because they got their ass pounded for the first half yesterday. Of course both can be true at the same time.

14 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

That's like saying Minnesota can't be 11-3 because they got their ass pounded for the first half yesterday. Of course both can be true at the same time.

It's literally nothing like that.  You said "down after down" given the BILLS haven't given up a ton of points or lost a lot of games, there's no way it's even close to being accurate.  It's drama for the sake of it.

24 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

That's not what I'm saying...I'm saying Dane needs to start making some plays on the ball if he wants to remain in the lineup beyond this season.

IMO would like tre white and Kaiir Elam to be starting CB. Let kaiir learn. I don’t mind Dane but 1st round pick invested in kaiir let see what he can do and how fast he can learn. Roll the dice on kaiir.

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Hypotheticals are kinda dumb.  The BILLS had a pretty big lull in the playoff game last season and took back the lead with 13 seconds left.  Everyone has these seemingly weekly epiphanies and tries to make hypothetical comparisons but none of it is at all realistic.  I listened all week to how the Fish were going to come in here and roll over because they'd played 2 shit games in a row, yet they did exactly the opposite.  Anyone who REALLY follows the game knew that was the most likely scenario.  Like it or not, the BILLS are pretty much everyone's regular season Super Bowl.  That's what being a favorite means.

There's a reason the "7 Drives, 7 TDs" thing was hyped so much in the media last season...because it's not normal.  Offenses don't score 30ish points every week.  OLines give up sacks.  Running plays sometimes get shut down.  QBs make bad decisions/throws.  Defenses screw up assignments, miss tackles, drop easy picks, etc.  That's football.

Far too often people ignore the fact that this is football at the highest level and the other team is really good too (even when their record says they aren't).  There's a reason the Cowboys needed a 98 yard drive in the last 2 minutes against the Texans, who are the worst team in football by any real measure.  I learned it when I was a kid when the Cowboys came to Rich in 1984 and lost to the winless (0-11) BILLS.  It was AWESOME.  😄

A work friend of mine was a huge cowpoke fan. He went to that game and just sat down with his beers and said something like, “Well, this is going to be a great game.” And Bell ripped off that run. He was dull founded (a workism folks along the lines of self of steam). 

• Applause 3

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
37 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Serious question: do you watch any other NFL games outside of Bills games?